New KAISER ROM Valentine 1.0.2 - based on not so super froyo RLS18

Search This thread

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
---------------------------------------------------------------
1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
Go launcher EX in DATA
minor updates
removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
minor bug fixes
minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)

Last edited:

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
glad you like it!
I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx :) Good job

Reactions: ahmet-54-54

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?

billymild

Feb 12, 2011
KC,MO
Where is the kernel stored at? I'm still new to this whole idea. Can I just put this on my SD card and dual boot into this or not?

technixp

Mar 9, 2010
i have 2 issues:
1. Artifacts on screen
2. home screen doesn't show.
kaiser
error msg:
The application Setup Wizard (proecess com.androidsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectly. Please try again.

Last edited:

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
The kernel is meant for installing android on the NAND of your phone (so bye bye windows mobile if you do that.
You should follow a haret guide (that is for dual booting)

Where is the kernel stored at? I'm still new to this whole idea. Can I just put this on my SD card and dual boot into this or not?

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
did you erase your DATA partition and the dalvik cache?
The dalvik cache you need to delete when you alter your SYSTEM partition...

i have 2 issues:
1. Artifacts on screen
2. home screen doesn't show.
kaiser
error msg:
The application Setup Wizard (proecess com.androidsetupwizard) has stopped unexpectly. Please try again.

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

Not So Super Froyo is All Language.. Why you deleted any language? I love my home language :p Did you make All Languge version?

billymild

Feb 12, 2011
KC,MO
Okay I want to dual boot just in case something happens. BTW I reformatted my card, and for some reason it won't open the android install menu now. It says something about no rootfs found?

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
you really should go to the thread about atools for that sort of thing.

Basically modern kernels as generated by atools need also an atools generated installation script (which is used once only)

But I am afraid this thread is not the best place to ask for help with that, as it is not really related to the androidinstall.tar I uploaded here (you will have the same problem with any other androidinstall.tar) , but rather about installing the kernel with DATA and SYSTEM configured to run from the correct place...

Okay I want to dual boot just in case something happens. BTW I reformatted my card, and for some reason it won't open the android install menu now. It says something about no rootfs found?

billymild

Feb 12, 2011
KC,MO
Sorry about posting in the wrong thread. I will look into the ATools issue. I guess that was all packaged with Myn's Warm donut and thats why that ROM worked but not this one. I will hopefully get to run this in the next couple of days.

rollride

Nov 16, 2009
Sofia
everything is cool except data connection

so everything i s fast and stable no fc`s no hangs no bugs except one data connection whatever i try nothing happens there is no data connection even after applying the update

drfno1

Dec 11, 2007
Kansas
I have the same report. Great but no data connection. WIFI does work fine.
same results with Nand and haret install.

Last edited:

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
Interesting, that is a bug we must find a way to fix...
a)Did you repair permissions after applying the update?
b)Did you try to set the APN details manually? check here for a full list of APNs
c)If still no luck try the following:

1) using the latest atools generate a current 2.6.32 kernel, update package and install script, set to clear data, install system, install updates, fix permissions, clear dalvik cache

2) install the Valentine 1.0 rom

3) check if data works now...

4) If it doesnt´t go back to step 1 with a 2.6.25 kernel

5) Let me know the results...

so everything i s fast and stable no fc`s no hangs no bugs except one data connection whatever i try nothing happens there is no data connection even after applying the update

Last edited:

casacristo

Oct 25, 2009
sure, but which ones do you have in mind?
if you have adb you could do:

adb remount
(so system is writeable)

adb shell
(to get a shell)

then
cd /system/app
mv app_I_want_to_remove.apk app_I_want_to_remove.bak

reboot

If everything works fine then you didn´t rename a critical apk...

Can I deleted some apps from app and system/app folder?

X46X

Apr 9, 2008
Prague
sure, but which ones do you have in mind?
if you have adb you could do:

adb remount
(so system is writeable)

adb shell
(to get a shell)

then
cd /system/app
mv app_I_want_to_remove.apk app_I_want_to_remove.bak

reboot

If everything works fine then you didn´t rename a critical apk...

I mean APNdroid, OI Notepad, Partido Pirata, SwifFTP, Browser (if it possible), Email,Talk, Timeriffic and Wireless teather..

Second thing is: Can i add some aplications in tar? I mean facebook, twitter, TaskKiller, etc.. If it is possible, can i odexed it?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kaiser ROM is based on not so super froyo RLS18
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    1.02 is the latest version and is a full version, so you do not need to download 1.0
    If you want to set a locale other than Spanish or English you will still need to apply this patch
    and as a result of the patch you will loose the battery % indicator
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Valentine 1.02

Tested with clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel and a recent atools generated 2.6.32 vanilla kernel

Change log:

Initial release
    The desktop background has been changed by a smaller file
    The battery indicator has % and battery shape (not the green circle)
    Go launcher EX in DATA
    minor updates
    removed some fat in line with FatFree RLS5

Fully odexed SYSTEM for a faster boot
    minor bug fixes
    minor app updates

Replaced 1.01 market with one optimized for the Kaiser (thanks to my tocayo Arturo for the tip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    For your convenience here are two kernels tested with this rom:

Kernel with both wifi and DATA enabled clemsys #63 2.6.32 kernel

Kernel with WIFI-only clemsys #63 wifi-only 2.6.32 kernel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want better localization at the price of the battery percentage indicator you can install this patch
    But bear in mind I do not personally use this patch and it is reported not to work with Valentine 1.02 so I recommend you do a nand backup before trying it

Feedback is welcome...
    If you have another kernel that works fine with this rom, please send it to me indicating if it is .32 or .25 and what you have tested and I will be happy to add it to this post to help other users looking for the perfect match rom + kernel

and if somebody wants screenshots you can find some there (with a theme on)

http://www.ziddu.com/download/13802744/androidinstall.rar.html

TIPS AND KNOWN ISSUES:

- If you have issues with wifi, 3g or bluetooth, install this androidupdate tar ball:

and repair permissions afterwards

- When using atools please set the correct panel type and refrain from using ´auto´ as that feature is far from working well.

- If you have problems with sound and/or camera try using radio 1.70.19.9 (and not later)
    glad you like it!
    I must admit I haven´t tried exporting from SIM as all my contacts are on my google account. Did this work in ´Not so super froyo RLS18?´
    Feel free to elaborate on the nature of the problem...

wow dude is so fast is more faster than Fat Free Froy!!! Everything works only exporting from SIM work with Radio 1.70.xx :) Good job
    the lack of language support is due to the file /system/framework/framework-res.apk

You could update your system with the one from RLS18 and you will recover your language support (you will use the battery % indicator and the smaller (faster) desktop background

so take framework-res.apk from RLS18
    create a folder called system, and inside another one called framework

tar this ´system´ folder and call it androidupdate.tar

flash that using update (use the atools script)

I have added the localization patch to the first post, enjoy it :)

This is right, same for me, but any settings - I dont understand it in english :eek: Because my english isn't wery well..