How to get a MHL adapter for nearly free

Search This thread

hydrogenman

Dec 29, 2009
Begin service with AT&T

get an Infuse 4g

after a few days, if you don't like it better than your 3vo (you won't), return it and cancel your AT&T service

Keep the MHL dongle that comes with the phone, the guy at Sams told me all that really matters to them is that the phone and charger are in there, never even noticed I had left out the MHL dongle

requires like 125 bucks laying around (Sams Club price), but at least you get it right back, only thing you pay for is a few days service

Last edited:

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
If this was posted on SD, you would get a thumbs down from me.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

hydrogenman

Dec 29, 2009
to be fair, when I did it......I honestly was trying out AT&T and this was just an unintended positive side effect

I hate AT&T enough I'd recommend anything that screws them

nunyabiziz

Jul 5, 2007
OP, I forgot to say "thanks for the info anyways" in my last post.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

ninoriff

Oct 13, 2007
Chicago, IL
Bad boys bad boy what you gonna do, what you gonna do when AT&T is coming for you!!!

6a0105349ca980970c0133f46e4616970b-500wi

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
I hate ATT as much as the next guy, but stealing is never right..
I would just be thrilled to be able to find a Tmobile store in chicagoland that had them in stock!!!

hydrogenman

Dec 29, 2009
the sams guy told me to keep it, so it wasn't stealing

He said on returns the only thing that really matters is having the phone itself, the battery, and the charger on the return

I'm kinda torn on this.... Now I would never go sign up for At&t and get a phone just so I could return it and keep the MHL adaptor. BUT, I'm sure many of you have gotten a replacement device under warranty and kept the battery, battery door, or charger/usb cable whenever you returned the device. I know Sprint has told me to keep all the accessories and just ship the phone back, which I have done. If that was the case with the OP, then I dont see a problem. Now telling people to go sign a contract with AT&T just to keep a MHL adaptor is a different story though. Too much work and probably not even that much cheaper than just buying the adaptop after you pay for 3-4 days of service, figuring that the plan is $100 a month, divided by 30 days is around $3.33 a day, 3.33 x 4 is over $13... Just buy one for $20 and save the hassle and dishonesty... just my 2 cents...

weezymagic

Jul 3, 2010
Use the fifty percent off tmobile coupon and get it for $11

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts