SDHC Comparison?

Search This thread

madunix

Jan 16, 2009
New York
I'm debating with myself whether or not if i should go with Lexar or PNY 32GB Class 10 SHDC.. how reliable is PNY with SDHC? Same question for Lexar..

madunix

Jan 16, 2009
New York
Transcend, PNY, A-Data.. i'm finding decent deals varying from $30-$40. Which is most reliable would you guys say?

cfendrick

Mar 13, 2008
I have had a Class 10 32gb PNY for about 6months and have not had any issues. I would buy another one no questions asked. The read/write speeds were all on par with what a class 10 should be. My write test speeds were in the 12 to 14 range and my read speed was in the 20's. I have used any where from Class 2 to 6 on other brands without issues and the Class 10 PNY out performed them on bench tests.

Real world experience with writing large files ect... was faster. It really came down to price when I originally bought the PNY card and for the price and preformance it has been a great buy for me personally.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I have never had any MicroSD card fail on me. I have used PNY, Samsung, Sandisk, and even unbranded OEM cards that come with the phone. Personally never a single issue. I have had a thumb drive fail on me 5 years ago, but can't say it was the memory chip or something on the pcb board.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Transcend, PNY, A-Data.. i'm finding decent deals varying from $30-$40. Which is most reliable would you guys say?

I have seen some of the Transcend and A-Data cards be a little thicker than the PNY, Samsung or Scandisk cards. They still all managed to fit in the MicroSD slot.

I would buy what ever is the best bang for our buck.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

PNY Class 10 32GB MicroSDHC for $41 free shipping..
$39.99 PNY 32GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model P-SDU32G10-EFS2 with free shipping

From http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820178401

Reactions: madunix

madunix

Jan 16, 2009
New York
I have had a Class 10 32gb PNY for about 6months and have not had any issues. I would buy another one no questions asked. The read/write speeds were all on par with what a class 10 should be. My write test speeds were in the 12 to 14 range and my read speed was in the 20's. I have used any where from Class 2 to 6 on other brands without issues and the Class 10 PNY out performed them on bench tests.

Real world experience with writing large files ect... was faster. It really came down to price when I originally bought the PNY card and for the price and preformance it has been a great buy for me personally.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I have never had any MicroSD card fail on me. I have used PNY, Samsung, Sandisk, and even unbranded OEM cards that come with the phone. Personally never a single issue. I have had a thumb drive fail on me 5 years ago, but can't say it was the memory chip or something on the pcb board.

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

I have seen some of the Transcend and A-Data cards be a little thicker than the PNY, Samsung or Scandisk cards. They still all managed to fit in the MicroSD slot.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=470938631&pf_rd_i=507846

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E1EH56/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A5ZOA3RYVEJSN

what do you think? stick with the PNY you suggested or do you think any one of these are a good bargain as well given the company.. i'm looking for who's more reliable i guess.. i don't really know. thank you in advance though.

cfendrick

Mar 13, 2008
I have seen between your posts some SD and micro SD cards. I would first pick the form.

Go with the microSD for cell phone and some tablets. Other tablets, cameras, video recorders use SD cards.

Pick up the best value and brand with one pick. The PNY did that for me and continues to be great. I have been taking it in and out of my phones so often the white letters are rubbing off. Still works prefer.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1330490905073.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1330490905073.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 70

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

PNY Class 10 32GB MicroSDHC for $41 free shipping..