[ROM] OaT's Light n Tasty: DISCONTINUED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

badaphooko01

Aug 5, 2009
Cumming, Ga.
By far the snappiest rom I've tried. Anybody got a cure for the battery blues? I went through a whole battery yesterday when it usually last me 3 days.

strikerage

Feb 19, 2011
Has anyone had an issue with Google search not working? When I tap the top search bar, I can only type one letter and it kicks me out.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
I don't have any real wifi problems, but even I find that the ath6kl drivers seem to connect faster and maybe a bit stronger.

Cool thanks. Also if I want to use webcm9 with this ROM which version should I try? There are a few different versions for different cm9 builds not sure which is most suitable.

I'm running cornerstone version A now and so far everything is good and smooth. Thank you very much for the ROM. There is one thing though, I can't seem to remove stuff from the go launcher homescreen. I drag it up to remove in the top right but it just returns back. That's for widgets or shortcuts. Any ideas? Thanks

story

Mar 27, 2006
Do I need special drivers to connect Mass Storage on W7?

I had a Galaxy Nexus and it detects fine.

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
Cool thanks. Also if I want to use webcm9 with this ROM which version should I try? There are a few different versions for different cm9 builds not sure which is most suitable.

I'm running cornerstone version A now and so far everything is good and smooth. Thank you very much for the ROM. There is one thing though, I can't seem to remove stuff from the go launcher homescreen. I drag it up to remove in the top right but it just returns back. That's for widgets or shortcuts. Any ideas? Thanks

Re: webcm9. Not sure what to say about that since I haven't used it, but I would suggest using the one for latest CM9 build. That's 04/18? I'd do a nandroid of what you got now, just in case.

Re: removing widgets/shortcuts. I'm not having that problem, but I am doing it with CStone turned off. Are you trying with CStone on?

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
Do I need special drivers to connect Mass Storage on W7?

I had a Galaxy Nexus and it detects fine.

Not quite sure I'm following the question. Do you mean seeing the TPad on W7 as a media device? Are you using 04/18 or the 04/29 versions. Either way if you go to settings>>storage>>3 dots in upper right hand corner>>USB computer connection and ensure MTP is checked. That should connect in all cases for 04/18, but on 04/29 it will only connect on boot up with CStone disabled. Once CStone has been enabled (and even after it is killed), it won't connect, so you need to do any file transfers before enabling CStone or you will have to power cycle.

Reactions: swear0730

folkland

May 13, 2006
WebCM9 0.4 support

I have the 4/29 version installed so far no issues - although it's only been like 10 minutes, LOL

I'm gonna give webCM9 a try - I'll report back

Thanks!

Last edited:

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT
Tried the cornerstone build. Icons are getting cut off so only the top of them is visible on my desktop, Google Play won't launch even after clearing cache, and my Wi-Fi has been spotty. I wiped cache and dalvik when I flashed. Going to try cm9 cornerstone

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
Re: webcm9. Not sure what to say about that since I haven't used it, but I would suggest using the one for latest CM9 build. That's 04/18? I'd do a nandroid of what you got now, just in case.

Re: removing widgets/shortcuts. I'm not having that problem, but I am doing it with CStone turned off. Are you trying with CStone on?

I am trying it with cornerstone on but it seems to be working now correctly. May have just needed rebooting or may have been one of the quirks you mentioned.
I'll try webcm9 and report back

f_padia

Jul 12, 2010
Well i webcm9 got me stuck at the android logo, had to restore from last backup. Flashed the. 4/18 version 2x - no luck.

yup just experienced that too!
I flashed LnT back over it because I forgot to download the revert .zip but then wifi wouldnt connect. No matter how many times I rebooted or switched off/on wifi wouldnt connect. So I ended up wiping and restoring.

Word to the wise. Do not try webcm9 with this ROM!

hexto

Aug 13, 2008
Middletown, CT
yup just experienced that too!
I flashed LnT back over it because I forgot to download the revert .zip but then wifi wouldnt connect. No matter how many times I rebooted or switched off/on wifi wouldnt connect. So I ended up wiping and restoring.

Word to the wise. Do not try webcm9 with this ROM!

Some issues here. Back on LnT 4/18 which is perfect.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Background
    As a bit of background, I publicly posted ROMs on PPCGeeks for the HTC Touch w/WinMo several years ago. Since then, I continue to develop ROMs primarily for family and friends on the EVO4G, LG Optimus, Acer A500, and of course the HP TouchPad. After an initial testing period by a group of volunteers here at XDA (thank you, thank you, thank you), I have decided to publicly release this ROM. I hope you enjoy it.

Philosophy and Acknowledgements
    My emphasis has always been on a very light and fast ROM that leaves plenty of room for one's own apps and customizations. My HP TouchPad ROM is based on a very stripped down KANG of the latest CM9 version (big thanks to Dalingrin, JCSullins, and all the other TPad devs that have brought this capability to us) that supports HW Video (meaning Netflix and HD YouTube) and all the other goodies you have come to know and love.

In addition there are also a few other treats thrown in, primarily,
    • the recently released QualComm adreno 2xx drivers,
    • the init.d tweaks published by Rohan,
    • the new ath6kl wifi drivers being incorporated into the 3.0 kernel,
    • the new HD Tablet launcher by the "Go" folks.

Big thanks to all the folks associated with these for their generosity in publicly providing these tweaks. Finally, I also employ a very stripped down version of the latest version of GApps that I will also link to. You can use the full version of GApps found elsewhere, but that will then somewhat defeat the intent of this ROM. The attached pics will give you some idea of what to expect. The benchmarks are all "typical" of the results I get on a non-overclocked CPU running at ~1.2GHz.

Updates
    In terms of updates, I actually build the ROM and the kernel almost on a daily basis so my older AMD quadcore isn't tortured with having to handle an extraordinary number of new commits. But that doesn't mean I flash almost daily. It all depends on what looks significant, if I really want to try something new, or if I'm just bored :eek:. You can find out what's new in the below "News" section of this OP to find out what's the latest on my front.

Flashing and .apk's
    Of course, all the standard cautions about doing the necessary backups (nandroids, titanium, or my backup) and the requirement for a complete set of wipes/formats (data, cache, system, dalvik) apply. Actually, I only find it necessary to wipe cache and dalvik between flashes of my own ROM. I also flash Gapps anew after each ROM flash. If you like experimenting with the other available ROMs, I advise a complete set of wipes and formats. And of course, you are flashing at your own risk.

Any .apk's included below need to be placed in the system/app directory with a rooted file manager, e.g. es file explorer, ensuring the permissions are the same as other .apk's in that directory, followed by a reboot. Unless, otherwise noted.

News
    08/30/12
    • DISCONTINUED

Links
    OaT's "Light n Tasty" GApps:

OaT's "Light n Tasty" ROMs:
    Plan on posting "final" CM9-based LnT this weekend, including a new BEATS audio and a few other ROM refinements, this weekend. Then I'm just going to hunker down and try working with CM10. We'll see how that goes. :confused:
    JB & LnT Update (as I currently see it)

First, I am seeing a lot of activity on the repo as the JB packages are even now being readied and moved into the new tree. The process, I believe, is to "finish" up CM9 with a stable RC2 then fully concentrate on CM10. Since CM10 is a "minor" update (4.0.4 ->> 4.1.1) CM9 will ultimately be abandoned with only CM7 (Gingerbread - 2.X) and CM10 (4.x) being maintained (Honeycomb - 3.X was never publicly released). I don't know how long this will take; could be anywhere from a few weeks to several months, but it has been said that any device that was supported on CM9 will be supported on CM10. Of course, a lot of that will depend on the developers who have specifically contributed to the TPad to rebase their work as necessary.

In terms of updates to LnT, I'm planning one more update sometime this month and then I'll hunker down and wait for JB, as I'm guessing there will only be minor improvements to the current state. Of course, should something major/interesting show up (e.g. the camera) or I get bored :silly:, I will adapt. Finally, I've decided to not go the direct AOSP JB route and just wait for CM JB.

Bottom line, because of the quality of the Touch Pad developers, I firmly believe our lowly TPs will be one of the early recipients of a sleek new JB including some interesting capabilities, e.g. Google Now.
    LnT JB Posted Including LnT JB Gapps

Please read updated News section in OP. Links located in OP.
    When you compile?! The cm10 source are you going to release public? Or you wait jcsullins to released first?

I'll release when it's, IMO, daily-driver quality. That doesn't mean it will be completely bug free, but it must be useable for all basic tasks including browsing, email, music, video, and many of my "critical" apps.