Search This thread

Wizard Knight

Apr 24, 2010
Long Island, New York
So basically Samsung has removed a feature that is standard for Android. So what we are getting is even more Samsung crap rolling onto our phones changing it to what they want and not what we want. Starting to sound like Apple!

If was part of one of the patent infringement suits that Apple won against samsung. The case was directly against samsung though, not android, so the feature only had to be removed from samsung phones.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
EL29s touchwiz launcher doesn't have wallpaper scrolling either. This is not necessarily a new touchwiz thing.

The reason it stretches in the ICS launcher is probably because it's built to scroll wallpapers, however, the touchwiz chooser selects 480x800 wallpapers for the home screen. So the launcher is trying to compensate.

T

tdagraca20

if it was patent infringement, then why are other devices still scrolling?

Well, I know samsung and apple have been battling it out over patents, but what makes samsung's scrolling a patent infringement when other android making companies are doing it like htc, lg, etc? I really hope they bring it back because no scrolling wallpaper sucks !

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
Houston, because I have a problem
EL29s touchwiz launcher doesn't have wallpaper scrolling either. This is not necessarily a new touchwiz thing.

The reason it stretches in the ICS launcher is probably because it's built to scroll wallpapers, however, the touchwiz chooser selects 480x800 wallpapers for the home screen. So the launcher is trying to compensate.

I'm using the default ICS launcher that is in our stock roms, because I hate the TW launcher and all TW stuff for that fact, and my wallpaper is not scrolling.

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Unfortunately switching launchers doesn't completely rid yourself of interacting with TouchWiz apps. Pull the Google gallery out of the latest gapps package and push it to system/app. Then use the new gallery to set your wallpaper. Should help a little. I use the TouchWiz launcher when I'm on TouchWiz and Nova when I'm on AOSP. On AOSP I have scrolling wallpaper and on TouchWiz I don't. Not sure if using the Google gallery will give you scrolling in the stock ICS launcher but it should at least give you the proper sizing so it looks right.

barnacles10

Retired Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2010
I'm using the default ICS launcher that is in our stock roms, because I hate the TW launcher and all TW stuff for that fact, and my wallpaper is not scrolling.

Right, which leaves me to believe its been somehow disabled BUT the ics launcher is still scaling images as if it were scrolling (which explains the enlarged images)

nitronet

Jun 15, 2006
OMG if I can't have scrolling wallpaper I will kill myself!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

DirkBelig

Jun 10, 2010
I think he's being sarcastic. Everyone is making wallpaper scrolling out to be such a huge deal when it's really not...
Speak for yourself. I have several LWPs that are broken because of the removal of scrolling. 3D objects that change orientation (e.g. NFL Teams, Captain America, Jump Gate) are stuck in place; wallpapers that react to swipes (e.g. Asteroid Belt asteroids reversing, Prismatic patterns rotating) are crippled. Whether a static picture doesn't move slightly from side-to-side is a minor annoyance. When LWPs with specific interactivity are broken, then it's a big effing deal!

Reactions: rrmzr1

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
No not seriously, I will just sick of these idiots rambling on about stupid scrolling wallpaper - WHO CARES!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Thank you very much sir.

Just like the guy said above this broken scrolling has a major effect. I have purchased several live wallpapers that move and change the veiw as you scroll. So now they don't move. Also interaction is broken as well. So both of you can go f yourselves because I have 20 bucks of worthless live wallpapers so if I and others want to come on here and ***** about it then you can leave as this is not cool at all!!

nobrakes

Oct 25, 2006
Just like the guy said above this broken scrolling has a major effect. I have purchased several live wallpapers that move and change the veiw as you scroll. So now they don't move. Also interaction is broken as well. So both of you can go f yourselves because I have 20 bucks of worthless live wallpapers so if I and others want to come on here and ***** about it then you can leave as this is not cool at all!!

No one is forced to go to ICS. If everything works on gingerbread, why go to ICS when everything is not working.

reddragon72

May 28, 2008
No one is forced to go to ICS. If everything works on gingerbread, why go to ICS when everything is not working.

Because then my phone will constantly bug me about the upgrade when it rolls out. So a person who isn't one here and doesn't have a clue about their phone will have broken live wallpapers if they don't fix this. So I'm not here just for me I'm here about others who use their phones just like the day they bought them.

Top Liked Posts