"Android is upgrading:Starting Apps" Every reboot.

Search This thread

SacredMyths

Jan 10, 2014
I have found why this happens, issue is with lucky patcher, when you patch application it creates <appname.odex> this odex file is somehow diffrent than real odex, so when you wipe dalvik cache it caches all your apps and then you have Android is starting apps on each boot. The solution is to delete all apps odexes wich you patched, reboot phone, this time it will not display "android is starting apps" and will work until you delete dalvik again. It is possible to apply patch with Lucky Patcher to dalvih cache instead of creating odex, but you loose your crack when you wipe dalvik again.

This is the solution, if someone have better way of doing it post here, also sorry if thread is old.

AHH thank you so much!

esipoko

Jul 12, 2014
Do each step and go to next step if problem not solved.
Always reboot twice after each step and check on second reboot, if problem exists.
1. Check ODEX files in system/apps and data/apps and Set RW-R-R permission on all of them if necessary.
2. In custom recovery menu, do "fix permissions".
3. Install "lucky patcher" and go to tools and "delete system .odex files"
4. In custom recovery menu, "Wipe cache partition" then go to advanced and "wipe dalvik cache".

It should solve your problem.

droidzer1

Oct 28, 2013
Always reboot twice after each step and check on second reboot, if problem exists.
1. Check ODEX files in system/apps and data/apps and Set RW-R-R permission on all of them if necessary.
4. In custom recovery menu, "Wipe cache partition" then go to advanced and "wipe dalvik cache".

I went straight to #3 and that did the trick. :good: I had previously wiped cache and dalvik cache from TWRP recovery. TWRP doesn't seem to have "fix permissions" anymore but has a "Fix contents" with a warning so I skipped that. Not sure if 'contents' is same as permissions.

mahfouz2017

Nov 20, 2017
I have found why this happens, issue is with lucky patcher, when you patch application it creates <appname.odex> this odex file is somehow diffrent than real odex, so when you wipe dalvik cache it caches all your apps and then you have Android is starting apps on each boot. The solution is to delete all apps odexes wich you patched, reboot phone, this time it will not display "android is starting apps" and will work until you delete dalvik again. It is possible to apply patch with Lucky Patcher to dalvih cache instead of creating odex, but you loose your crack when you wipe dalvik again.

This is the solution, if someone have better way of doing it post here, also sorry if thread is old.
Wow it works for me but i still have problem with my rooted Galaxy Note 4 , it takes long time about 50 sec to boot up after logo animation

Reactions: MTranceAvB

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Many ROMs and Kernels are set to ziplalign apps on boot to improve performance.

I want to say this was also implemented in stock JB, or its set in CWM's init.d script for the newer versions.

This also happens each time you wipe dalvik and/or if you have Titanium Backup set to intergrate sys dalvik into ROM
    I got the Android is upgrading message before. It was because I tried to convert a user app to a system app. Converted it back to a user app and it went away. I think it had something to do with having an apk file but no corresponding odex file for that app in /system/app

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda app-developers app

Wow it works for me but i still have problem with my rooted Galaxy Note 4 , it takes long time about 50 sec to boot up after logo animation