Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Don't know tell me

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

jaivardhansingh1996

Jul 22, 2013
Bhopal
My Z2 is water damaged first ****y Sony guys told me that they will replace it but after 11 days they said that they will not replace my ****ing damaged Z2 and asked me to pay 80% of money so they can give me new Z2 now 1 month has already passed and i'm ****ed up...if same happended to anyone please suggest what have you done against them

zadusimple

Dec 1, 2010
Delhi
My Z2 is water damaged first ****y Sony guys told me that they will replace it but after 11 days they said that they will not replace my ****ing damaged Z2 and asked me to pay 80% of money so they can give me new Z2 now 1 month has already passed and i'm ****ed up...if same happended to anyone please suggest what have you done against them
They discontinued ADP for purchases after 1 st July. But still they should cover it under warranty for water damage.

stanley08

Jun 23, 2012
Lagos, Nigeria.
titaniumideas.blogspot.com
But they are not replacing my device in standard warranty since it's water damaged...

Ideally they should. Raise your voice and probably write email to top bosses. May be they will listen.

Sorry about ur phone mate but as far as I know, Water Damage isn't covered by Sony's Standard Warranty, because what if your flaps were open? I am sure your flaps weren't open, but that is what they would tell you. Because they can!
If Sony covered water damage, every person with a water damaged phone due to carelessness of not closing the flaps will cry foul and request for their phones to be fixed for free. And how many phones do you think Sony would fix for free every day? All over the world. And not just the Z2, other devices too. So... Thousands?
Bottomline, unless Sony makes a phone with all WaterProof ports, totally waterproof (No need for flaps). Then they will always have the option to chalk it down to your mistake. Sad! But True!

zadusimple

Dec 1, 2010
Delhi
Sorry about ur phone mate but as far as I know, Water Damage isn't covered by Sony's Standard Warranty, because what if your flaps were open? I am sure your flaps weren't open, but that is what they would tell you. Because they can!
If Sony covered water damage, every person with a water damaged phone due to carelessness of not closing the flaps will cry foul and request for their phones to be fixed for free. And how many phones do you think Sony would fix for free every day? All over the world. And not just the Z2, other devices too. So... Thousands?
Bottomline, unless Sony makes a phone with all WaterProof ports, totally waterproof (No need for flaps). Then they will always have the option to chalk it down to your mistake. Sad! But True!
I think they have a method to tell if flaps were open by looking into the white strip. If you can prove flaps were properly closed then you can claim warranty. I am not 100% sure about it though but I read it somewhere.

---------- Post added at 03:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

But I don't know where to start from really it's to shame for brand like Sony:(
Btw, what was your date of purchase and from where you bought your phone?

jaivardhansingh1996

Jul 22, 2013
Bhopal

2015Ducatimulti

May 3, 2010
coldwater,mi
yeah that`s why I bought mobile insurance yesterday from protectyourbubble.com for 5.99 month and 50 deductible, I have fixed my own phones before, but I decided I should get insurance just in case I drop my Z2 it`s slippery sucker:eek: or the flap seals don`t do there job of keeping water out.:)

jaivardhansingh1996

Jul 22, 2013
Bhopal
yeah that`s why I bought mobile insurance yesterday from protectyourbubble.com for 5.99 month and 50 deductible, I have fixed my own phones before, but I decided I should get insurance just in case I drop my Z2 it`s slippery sucker:eek: or the flap seals don`t do there job of keeping water out.:)
That's a real good luck for you man but i'm fully ****ed up by Sony