Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

moshated

Dec 6, 2010
S3 unified toolkit v7.0

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the S3 toolkit 7.0 my device always shows up offline and when it gets to the debugging stage it just stays there. I've tried different ports, cables, installing and uninstalling all the drivers and different computers but it always does the same thing can someone help me?

stevae

Apr 29, 2013
here there and everywhere
stopping just one app from updating...

hello,
i'm using a s3 i9300, running latest omega rom, with latest perseus kernel. i am trying to find out how to stop just one app from updating. i have researched it, and found the information to be lacking. have seen posts where they say go to play, and click settings and stop udates, but when i got to play, and hit settings, there was no such option. so if anyone can explain to me how to stop one app from updating, while allowing all the others to continue, i would truly appreciate it.

cheers,
stevae

igamnocsam

Nov 24, 2012
Baseband and RIL

hi everyone, at last i rooted my GS^3 international with latest paranoid android but i do not know how to choose the correct baseband and RIL for this custom rom. Because of incompatible baseband and RIL my battery life is horrible even when not in use. I searched many forums but couldn't find a proper answer. Thanks in advance.

CCVader13

Mar 25, 2012
Karlovac
hi everyone, at last i rooted my GS^3 international with latest paranoid android but i do not know how to choose the correct baseband and RIL for this custom rom. Because of incompatible baseband and RIL my battery life is horrible even when not in use. I searched many forums but couldn't find a proper answer. Thanks in advance.

You can find the Baseband version by going into Settings > About phone > and scroll a bit down, right under "Android version".

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

can someone suggest me apps to freeze apps that running in the background when I'm not using it ??? I've been using greenify and I think I need more options to test which one is better & not draining to much battery

If you disable their snyc'ing then they shouldn't run in the background if they are not neccessary.

Reactions: RivaultUser

zaptastic

May 9, 2013
rockchip codename?

The CM porting guide says to use ro.product.device for the codename but rockchip devices all have ro.product.device=rk30sdk even for different SoC like RK3066 and RK3188.

The codename property is always ro.build.version.codename=REL which doesn't help either.

Is there a suggested way to create a codename when the vendor does this?

Thanks!

Jun 10, 2013
Device Filter for GT-P3100

Hey guys!

This is my first post in this forum sorry if i'm such a noob.

I recently rooted my GT-P3100 (Galaxy Tab 2 7")

Before I want to manually update to Jelly Bean 4.12 (mine's currently running ICS 4.0.4), I did a lot of reading and realised that some users on this and other forums state that its important to backup my EFS using EFS Pro. I proceeded with downloading EFS pro and wanted to start backing up my EFS folder then i was told to choose a Device Filter. The default filters were:

1. Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
2. International LTE Variants
3. International Variants
4. SCH-I535, SGH-I747
5. SGH-I727

Being a noob, I only understood that I needed to select the right filter for my device and I have searched for a filter for my specific device but am unable to find one. Which of these 'default' filters should I use? Is there a filter specifically for my device which i need? Where can i get that filter?

Thanks in advanced! :laugh:

Sunslayer

Feb 20, 2009
London, UK
Trying to buy app from different region

Hi,

My apologies if this is wrong thread for this type of question.

I am trying to buy the application from link below:
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nowpro.nar03 (add http to the from of the line, as link is blocked, as I have not written much even I am visiting this site for 2 years or so)
When I tried getting it on market - it says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices", when I try downloading it on the phone it says the app is not compatible with my region I am from (UK). I tried on two different phones.

I did some research (including xda developers) and tried Market Enabler, Market Unlocker, VPN (and combinations of those 3) but no joy so far. I tried fiddling with my google account settings but no difference what-so-ever.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get around regional "lock" and buy it?

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2013
mumbai
Xperia sl is not starting in Normal and not even in Flash mode

i have downloaded Xrecovery s/w from "http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288223&page=12" which downloads recovery for respective Phones and after that i entered into recovery and flashed cwm6010touch_INSTALL.zip after that my LT26ii is dead ...pls help

weelord123

May 16, 2013
Coby Kyros suddenly bricked.

Its a Coby Kyros with jellybean android. I rooted it with the instructions given in this thread as an answer to my questions. It all worked perfectly until now: my mom is the one who always uses it and she always tend to hold the power button long enough not just to unlock it but to force shut down it. i have told her many times not to yet she always forget. Earlier this afternoon, I used it perfectly, played a few games, and locked it. When she came home and used it, after a while, she called me and said it was already stuck at the "coby screen".

I have tried powering it down and tunring on, also tried the reset button at the back but didnt work. Btw, all it has is the power button, and the small reset button. Am i doing something wrong to factory reset it? could other measures be done? I really want to know because I think we cant go to the service centers of coby because it is rooted and will void the warranty(?)

Thank you for your answers. :)

Ravermeister

Apr 25, 2013
Cologne
www.rimkus.it
First Post and a specific Question

Hi I'm new to the Forum and, and actually wanted to post into the Developer Thread for Cyanogenmod10 from the FreeXperia team,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780319&page=102
because they announced a new nightly FXP223
(sorry I'm not allowed to post links, so I've abbreviated the url)
see sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/download/progress
and they released it for 10.1 already. when will the CM10 build be available
(especially the anzu build ;) )?

according to the Forum I tried to edit my details to write my Phone Data, for better information and sothat I don't have to write them anytime.
but I don't find any way to save it in my details (just a Developer Section, will it be activated after 10 posts, and can put them on there?

the last thing is, I've got a mis behaviour in the current nightlies (since FXP 217) which is similar to this bug, which is already stated:
codedotgoogledotcom/p/freexperia/issues/detail?id=1663&q=music

I will describe it but first here my phone details:
Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC
Android: 4.1.2 Cyanogenmod 10 by the FreeXperia team: sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/
nightly build FXP222 sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/download/cyanogen-mod-10

my Problem is as follows, when I listen to music (tested with headphones) and my phone is on mute with Vibration alarm on,
and I receive an incoming call while I listen to music with the default music player apollo, the music doesn't goes on break or mute,
it just plays on.

in a formerly nightly apollo breaked (pause not stop) the music playback. I want to know if it is a known problem, or could it be a similar problem as the one
stated above (I know it is a different phone, but I think this code part could be the same...?)

Thanks for your help and kind regards
Raver.

p.s if you need any information let me know

Last edited:

CSP III

Jan 11, 2013
Detroit
Hi I'm new to the Forum and, and actually wanted to post into the Developer Thread for Cyanogenmod10 from the FreeXperia team,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1780319&page=102
because they announced a new nightly FXP223
see sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/download/progress
and they released it for 10.1 already. when will the CM10 build be available
(especially the anzu build ;) )?

according to the Forum I tried to edit my details to write my Phone Data, for better information and sothat I don't have to write them anytime.
but I don't find any way to save it in my details (just a Developer Section, will it be activated after 10 posts, and can put them on there?

the last thing is, I've got a mis behaviour in the current nightlies (since FXP 217) which is similar to this bug, which is already stated:
codedotgoogledotcom/p/freexperia/issues/detail?id=1663&q=music

I will describe it but first here my phone details:
Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC
Android: 4.1.2 Cyanogenmod 10 by the FreeXperia team: sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/
nightly build FXP222 sitesdotgoogledotcom/site/projectfreexperia/download/cyanogen-mod-10

my Problem is as follows, when I listen to music (tested with headphones) and my phone is on mute with Vibration alarm on,
and I receive an incoming call while I listen to music with the default music player apollo, the music doesn't goes on break or mute,
it just plays on.

in a formerly nightly apollo breaked (pause not stop) the music playback. I want to know if it is a known problem, or could it be a similar problem as the one
stated above (I know it is a different phone, but I think this code part could be the same...?)

Thanks for your help and kind regards
Raver.

p.s if you need any information let me know

From what I understand.....its known. don't know if its being worked on though Good luck to ya. Welcome aboard!

jzawadzki04

Jun 7, 2013
I'm new to the XDA forums and don't really know where to ask this question. I have an AT&T HTC One X+ and I wanted to run 4.2.2. I installed CM10.1 and the install went fine and it boots fine, but it reboots about every 5 minutes or so. I have also tried ParanoidAndroid 3+ with the same problem. It seems like any rom I flash that's based off of 4.2.2 has the same problem, frequent reboots, can someone please help?

belic

Jun 11, 2013
Coimbatore
Problem relating to mounts2sd

I installed all sense ROM but not even an single ROM is installing on SD card. i am using HTC Explorer. Can anyone help me to install ROM on SD by using mount2sd or any other softwares

tslbai

Jun 11, 2013
acer iconia a500 jellybean keyboard disappears

Hi,

i installed cyanogenmod 10.1 2013/06/06 build (4.2.2) on my acer iconia a500 and have problems with keyboard.
After typing a letter, the kb disappears and after seconds it apperas again.
The problem seems to be this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002918

The proposed workaround works, but is there a solution for the latest CM-build?

Thanks,
Florian

lSUPERFLYl

Apr 10, 2011
Hi,

i installed cyanogenmod 10.1 2013/06/06 build (4.2.2) on my acer iconia a500 and have problems with keyboard.
After typing a letter, the kb disappears and after seconds it apperas again.
The problem seems to be this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2002918

The proposed workaround works, but is there a solution for the latest CM-build?

Thanks,
Florian

I am sure that CM is aware of it, but maybe something you can do to fix it permanently is by not running an experimental version of CM? Those do tend to have some annoying bugs, but since it is an experimental build one must expect a few problems to be present. Also, are you running th stock keyboard or a 3rd party keyboard like Swiftkey? Maybe that is an issue as well.

minikaa

Jun 11, 2013
xperia z

hi,

i just got an xperia z and my major problem is that either my facebook or instagram notifications are showing up on my phone, i have to manually go to the app to see if there's any notifications. i searched around on google but everything seems to be based on the notification LED. my notification LED works when i get sms and whatsapp messages.

PLEASE HELP!

dacleaver

Jun 11, 2013
Note 2 omega rom question

Hi!
I decided to flash my note 2 with the omega rom
I am a little bit confused about something:
On the omega website, under note 2/installation tutorial there is a link to download a cwm to be flashed using odin;
The link brings me to a topic on this forum, and now the problem:
On the cwm recovery page that opens when you click the link on omega website, on the very top, there is this message:

"Mod Edit: This has not been patched with the Sudden Death Syndrome fix, please do not flash until the OP fixes this"

Is this cwm recovery file ok to use?
Or should I use a different one, and if yes, are the steps the same?

Thank you!

Top Liked Posts