[ROM] Miui V3 2.4.20 [U8800][discontinued]

Search This thread

joaocalas

Jan 15, 2012
Barcelos
I have a song (mp3) as my ringtone and it plays only one time...is there any way to put it on repeat after finish the first time?

joaocalas

Jan 15, 2012
Barcelos
Maybe you have to edit the music until have the time you wish.

well its not a music its my message ring tone (Worms - "incoming voice") but when i receive a call and as its my ring tone as well it plays only one time the rest of time the cell only vibrates...i wanna know if its possible to repeat instead of editing it...as in other orms i think it is...

Edward Stanbury

Dec 8, 2011
Paraparaumu Beach, Kapiti
Last edited:

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
Ext3 or ext4? Which one is better and why are there two version anyway?

There really are no big differences. Ext3 was added as a precaution, because someone said that ext4 filesystem was causing problems with previous MIUIs.

edit: it would be nice to know if someone has had problems with ext4 and downgrading to ext3 helped!

Last edited:

n0_xQuZe

Sep 6, 2011
they are file systems eg fat32 and NTFS etc, ext4 will read system files differently than ext3 which can be more efficient and faster.

As i see it, ext4 is newer and has better performance than ext3 so if you have no problems with ext4 you should go for that, the question is how can someone identify the problems with ext4? Slow read/write performance? I think someone with this kind of knowledge has to enlighten us.

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
As i see it, ext4 is newer and has better performance than ext3 so if you have no problems with ext4 you should go for that, the question is how can someone identify the problems with ext4? Slow read/write performance? I think someone with this kind of knowledge has to enlighten us.

It was mentioned here before, use the search tool. :p

forumber2:
"MosTerra had returned ext4 to ext3 because ext4 system had a problem with file permissions and symlinks."

Like I said, the ext3 version is just a precaution. If you're not experiencing any problems, there's no need to downgrade to ext3 (the advantages that you gain by using ext4 are only marginal, I can't notice any difference in real life performance).

Last edited:

joaocalas

Jan 15, 2012
Barcelos
I have a song (mp3) as my ringtone and it plays only one time...is there any way to put it on repeat after finish the first time so it rings continuously?

n0_xQuZe

Sep 6, 2011
One little problem i just noticed, the touchscreen is not smooth, for example when moving a shortcut around the screen it does not go in all the positions of the screen but only like certain places, do you know what i'm talking about?

sbasil

Aug 2, 2011
Espoo
One little problem i just noticed, the touchscreen is not smooth, for example when moving a shortcut around the screen it does not go in all the positions of the screen but only like certain places, do you know what i'm talking about?

Not really. :p There are 16 places on the screen (grid) where you can place your icons and mine seems to work normally.

inculto

Dec 20, 2009
Coimbra
This ROM is still working great :) My battery life is better on .32 though.

its true if you compare this rom with .32 miui roms but when i use elite sx my battery duration is pretty much the same..

Not really. :p There are 16 places on the screen (grid) where you can place your icons and mine seems to work normally.

i think i know what he is talking about, happens to me the same when im organizing my icons i notice that sometimes the touchscreen its not very responsive and make some dificult to arrange your icons...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [DISCONTINUED]

7111184563_e3b9cabf9b_b.jpg

ABOUT THE ROM

• Based on miuiandroid.com's 2.4.20 (Desire S)
    • Kernel version: ezet@u8800 [ [max OC 1800MHz][.32] by ezet
    • Works with Atmel & Synaptics touchscreens
    • vsync on (fps locked)
    • USB tethering works
    • WIFI tethering works, thanks to ezet
    • Everything should pretty much work
    • Official development has ended, so what you see is pretty much what you get. Don't expect big "new feature" updates.

FEATURES & PRE-INSTALLED APPS

REQUIREMENTS
    • U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51
    • 2.6.32 based ROM installed before you install this one[either official or .32 based custom ROM]
    • While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.
      There's a thread about it HERE
    • CWM 5.0.2.3 & 5.0.2.6

INSTALLATION / CLICK HERE FOR FINNISH
    1. Reboot to CWM
    2. Do a factory reset & format dalvik cache
    3. Install the ROM
    4. Reboot CWM if you're installing updates

DOWNLOAD MIUI

UPDATES [latest update has all previous updates]
    • Update V1.1:
      fixes system sounds [enables the camera shutter sound (which you can disable from the camera app of course)]
      ringtone fix (enables the phone to ring more than once)

• Update 1.2:
      minor changes in init.d folder [better memory usage (?), some scripts removed...]

• Update 1.3:
      updated hosts-file http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.htm

• Update 1.4: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      updated Bluetooth [libs&conf files]

• Update 1.4a: DOWNLOAD HERE or HERE [for people using the minmax governor]
      double entries removed from the build.prop

• New full version 1.5
      Ezet's new "stock" kernel # 3
      All previous updates
      Added AppDrawer (much better alternative than the one MIUI Control panel comes with)
      Solid Explorer updated

• Version 1.51 changelog
      Full version & update for 1.50
      VPN errors fixed
      MIUI stats app removed
      AppDrawer replaced with Organized Drawer (less FCs, more stable...hopefully)
      download the patch HERE [~300kB] or the full version for a clean install HERE [~130MB]

PATCHES

KNOWN BUGS & FIXES/WORKAROUNDS

• When you're setting up your email, do it when the UI language is English. For some reason the email app
      might end up in a loop if you set it up using some other language. After you've set it up and
      started it once, you can change the UI language and it'll work OK.

• Top-Bar battery indicator won't show
      fix: 1. choose "Top-Bar" battery indicator 2. start MIUI control panel
      --> Statusbar Options --> Battery Options --> turn show battery OFF and back ON.

• NOTE: You can use other launchers if you dislike MIUI's native launcher.

LINKS

THANKS
    7111157845_34a600b985_b.jpg

PREVIOUS [DISCONTINUED] VERSIONS

Requirements:

- U8800 only, NOT U8800 PRO or -51

- 2.6.35 based ROM [GB] installed before you install this one[either official or custom ROM]

- While it's not required, I strongly recommend making a backup of your IMEI before installing ANY ROM.

- CWM 5.0.2.7 & 5.5.0.4

MIUI 2.4.20 MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?0ffv1q5l4afa2bf [R6.0 SP3] [~ 127 MB]

About the ROM:

- .35 kernel by Unnles, Atmel problems fixed but has still sensor lag issues & "pixel jump bug" which makes scrolling rough (even original .35 ROMs seemed to have the same issue)
    - slightly faster than its .32 counterpart, might even have better camera libs

ADDITIONAL DOWNLOADS:

Disable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [for unlocked phones]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?z3krifoo6856rw2

Enable SIM Network PIN unlock code request [if you accidentally installed the patch above and don't have 3G or network]
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?6gmin5vl77dcg8q

Volume rocker wakeup
    download: http://www.mediafire.com/?8n8cwm29fgugdpf

vsync settings:

1. vsync OFF: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yds4eh88c2e7nv3

2. vsync ON: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0gshjaoa66r3zjw [default]

MIUI 2.4.13 FINAL MULTILINGUAL [.35]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?14n2oqno5a7df9m
    It's time to end this project on my behalf. Summer vacation is closing in on me fast and I'm planning not to spend it on front of my computer. If anyone wants to take over and take this ROM even further (it really isn't quite there yet), please feel free & go right ahead. Thanks to everybody for all the feedback, testing and help. Have a good summer y'all! :)
    NEW: MIUI-32-ProjectX [X stands for experiment :p] [May 24 2012]

download: http://www.mediafire.com/?c7aqeo41yx5t36x

I don't know how stable this ROM is which is the reason why I named it ProjectX. If the luck is on our side and it turns out to be stable and battery life is OK, I don't see any reason not to use this ROM instead of the .35 version (at least until the bugs get fixed). It has all the same stuff as its big brother (.35).

What's new & +/- compared to .35 ROM

new .32 kernel (ezet@u8800 #22)
    + no sensor lag
    + no PIN code bug (you can actually add it, change it, remove it...)
    + the UI feels smoother [doesn't jump 5 pixels at a time like .35]
    + youtube plays 720p&1080p content smoothly [even with vsync on]
    + force internal mic when headphones are connected should work (?)
    + Minecraft works again (HA :p)

- 3D is a little bit slower [lower Antutu scores with equal clock speeds]
    - need to install Froyo before you can install this [unless you already are on .32 ROM]
    - camera might not be as "good" as with .35
    - bright softkeys
    - I'm sure we'll find out more eventually :p
    Surprise!

Hello dear X5 users! I have a wonderful surprise! I compiled a MIUI (.35 kernel) with everything is fixed (like sensor lags) from my cm7 vendor files! aanndd in this base,you can use any kernel.I deleted app,fonts,framework,media,usr and META-INF folders so this isn't a installable ROM. I hope that sbasil will make a wonderful ROM to us with this base!

Download:http://code.google.com/p/forumber-projects-for-u8800/downloads/detail?name=MIUI_u8800_2.6.35_onlybase_forumber.zip&can=2&q=