12/26/09 Multi-Carrier (Light) Titan ROMs WM6.1 and WM6.5 by Ryan Mogul

Search This thread

RyanMogul

Retired Recognized Developer
My version 1.1 Alltel ROM Light is UP!

Here is my Version 1.1 Light For Alltel

This ROM is no longer Beta!! Thanks to those at the bottom.

Download now and post your comments here is fine just specify which version of ROM you are talking about.

Same conditions with this ROM as all light ROM's

Ryan Mogul's Alltel TITAN ROM version 1.1 Light

BIG THANKS to: Bunsen Honeydew, thearchangel, for helping with BETA testing and suggestions on this ROM!

Also THANKS to: prscott1, for help with concatenation of strings using mortscript, without him I would still be searching..

Last edited:

yaselp

Aug 18, 2008
ROM not being flashed

Ryan, how are you.
I am just trying to flash your ROM (the sprint light version 1.1) to my HTC Mogul using RUU included in your package (last published on 4/13/2009)
When my mogul goes off and then show the three colored bars, it goes to the gray screen and is stuck in 0%. the pc program shows the message stating that the usb conection was lost.
I dont know if I am missing something but I have done this before without problems. I apologize if I omitted an obvious step.

By the way i just wanted tothank you for what you do for the windows mobile community.

Thanks,

Yasel

RyanMogul

I would start with making sure you have HTC windows drivers installed on the computer and Active sync 4.5. By clicking on my homepage in profile you can go to my share site and download those. In unlock tools directory. Now from a freshly restarted computer make sure the phone is unplugged. Right click the active sync icon on your computers taskbar and pick connection settings. Uncheck the allow usb connections and click ok. Now manually place your phone in bootloader by pressing power, camera, and reset at the same time then release. It should go into bootloader (olipro 2.40 or no2chem 2.47 unlocked bootloaders) Now it should say serial at the bottom of the phones screen. Go ahead and plug the phone into the PC (without using a hub, just usb cable) and the word serial will turn into usb. Now you can go ahead and run the RUU and it should flash. As long as you have a GPS radio and unlocked bootloader on the phone my custom ROM will flash, that is..

After its done updating the ROM and reboots you can wait a couple seconds and then Unplug from PC, then turn active sync usb connections back on. Etc..

Hope this helps.

yaselp

Aug 18, 2008
Thanks

Ryan, I followed your instructions and it worked. Now I am playing with your ROM, it looks very light and i can use my data connection, gps and phone without problems.
Once again thanks for all your hard work.

Yasel

RyanMogul

I have cooked the AGPS settings into each Carrier of MY ROM, Using the settings from this thread. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=402134 Cricket I now have AGPS OFF by default.

I doubt the settings are needed but you have to change the GPSone settings using QPST to what carrier you are usings settings. You also have to change the registry values to match in hkeylocalmachine/software/htc/supl_agps, the server port and IP.

So as of 4/19/09 all of my ROM's the registry values for AGPS are already set. My Cricket ROMS the Values are now set except I turned AGPS off which saves your Data Connection and works better. The other settings have to be set in your QPST GPSone settings. I have no control over that memory region of the Phone. That needs to be done manually by a user.

I have never had problems with my GPS with and without using the settings but you may want to try them. Especially Verizon Users.

You may also want to try turning AGPS OFF which works Best for the Cricket Version (maybe others) here are the registry keys to change. Remember to wait a little then soft reset.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SUPL AGPS
EnableAGPS = 0
EnableGPSSmart = 0
GPSMode = 1

Last edited:

Woozy82

Jun 13, 2008
I have bootloader v. 2.07 how can i change it to one of the unlocked version olipro 2.40 or No2chem 2.47 without bricking my customers phone it currently has rom 3.57.605.1 if that is helpful

yaselp

Aug 18, 2008
WM6VOIP

Hello,

This question probably is out of context here, I just wanted to keep the thread of ryanmogul's rom updates and improvements.

Recently I was trying to put the internet calling feature to work in my htc mogul for sprint. i downloaded the WM6VoIP.CAB and the Sip Config Tool, set the sip client credentials and soft reset. I cannot see the internet calling option in the system nor the internet tab under phone settings. I've seen in other threads that this depends on the ROM used, some ROMs just exclude this feature, now here is my question: does this ROM support internet calling?

I appreciate any comments,

Thanks

dyablo

Dec 31, 2008
Hi Ryan.. Re flashed your light sprint rom and I got to say everthing is working fine. NO problems with picturemail, or anything else thx for the gr8 rom..

RyanMogul

I have updated all of my ROM's with software improvements etc..

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have updated my ROM's with software changes/improvements. Here are some of the changes.

Removed NueLight3 as I had issues with it locking the phone up with flashlight on! Ouch thats not good.. lol. I replaced it with a lighter version that doesnt actually run a program. Its linked to the same button and also is in programs menu.

Removed Device Lock, I found its not needed as there is other ways to lock the phone included.

Added Adobe Flash Player

Added IE Tools, this lets you tweak a few IE settings small and increases functionality.

Added Stopwatch

Added Ftouchflo(touch scrolling), which gives you the option to finger scroll in any application! To activate it go to settings Ftouchflo(touch scrolling) config and click the enable touch scrolling and hit done or ok, once its activated it creates a startup file and always is enabled. This feature disables being able to Align screen, if you get stuck trying just hit power button off, then back on. Disable Ftouchflo(touch scrolling) the phone will need reset, then when it boots go back in and align. Then re-enable Ftouchflo(touch scrolling) if you like.

Added Windows Live, this will help users retrieve their Hotmail etc.. Its fairly small and works on several of MY ROM's

The fixes are just keyboard speed, scroll speed, etc.. Nothing really major.

Last edited:

remsad

Apr 5, 2008
IS it possible to have a Telus Version of this rom for the latest update (April 23). I'm willing to test it quickly

RyanMogul

Help narrow down the info and a Telus ROM with working MMS will be cooked..

Can we have a Telus version? Is it possible to remove anything I don't like (I don't use iContact and use GC's java pack for java with Opera and Gmail)? How much free memory are you seeing? I like the stability of 1.3.4 but I always cook the ROM without M2D anyway so I'm looking at alternatives.

IS it possible to have a Telus Version of this rom for the latest update (April 23). I'm willing to test it quickly

+1. I would like to know as well.

RyanMogul, any hope for us Telus subscribers or should I just use another rom?

If you get me all the MMS information I need for that Carrier I would be more than happy to cook a BETA Telus ROM for you to test. I need as much info as possible. I will look around a little for the settings myself please Private Message me with the settings.

Here are some of the settings I need to get MMS to work.

WAP2RecvDefaultSize
WAP1RecvDefaultSize
WAP2SendDefaultSize
WAP1SendDefaultSize

GatewayPort
MmscURI

Wether or not you need these values: Gateway, Domain

We need all the values for this reg location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader

Wether or not Telus uses a X-Telus-MDN value in that reg location above.. Get as much information as possible then Private Message me.

Last edited:

RyanMogul

4/28/09 Updated Version 1.1 with fixes/changes

I recently found out that NueFont's does not work without using Nue's base package which includes some needed .dll's. I fixed the Nuefont's program and changed a few things about the ROM listed below. I have also fixed the Dialer Codes! I left the diagnostic shortcuts for ease of use.

Ok because of user request I added Opera Mini which is a great browser real slim on memory resources, and a newer java platform.

Added some battery performance tweaks that I found needed changing. I also took out the Skip welcome for the light version.

The Large default Windows mobile stock fonts and values are All Tahoma Font, Sys = 900, Menu = 800, Popup Font = 800, OOM Font = -12 Its trial and error with figuring out how to set those to custom values other than the ones listed here.

You can make the font smaller by choosing all Cambria fonts in Nuefonts.

The Alltel and Metro PCS ROMS are out of beta. I have also updated all of my ROM's with all the changes and fixes I could find.

I removed the icontact shortcut, and stock calculator from programs menu. Contacts opens icontact so the need for 2 contacts shortcuts is not needed. I removed the stock calculator and cooked in the full version of 1-calc and its loaded with features. I also set it up to show the totals as you add/subtract etc.. just like the stock calculator and 1-Calc is very customizeable. Everything works including the programming codes (dialer codes).

All 5 Carrier specific versions of my ROM are now available to the public. Thanks to everyone who helped with beta testing, and ideas. I have updated the threads giving credit where its due.

BIG THANKS to Jas0nMack for BETA Testing, pointing out that Google Maps is not being installed (on my heavy versions), suggestions of adding Opera Mini, and most importantly devoting their time in helping me further perfect my ROM's.

Last edited:

londonandlawson

May 1, 2009
I installed this and my MMS is working but I can't connect to the internet. For a brief second I saw 1x flash like I had a data connection but nothing. I tried all the walk-throughs I have seen online, any help would be greatly appreciated

RyanMogul

Here this may help.

Make sure you are authenticated using Fieldtrial ##33284 call button. In the HDR tab it will tell you if you are or not. It describes in my Cricket PST settings how to authenticate. If you are using another carrier then you have to use other settings.

Also make sure the first time checking to see if internet works you ARE NOT plugged into computer.

You can try switching around the Networks in Connection Settings/Select Networks. Only do this after making sure internet works. When I set mine up I make the top network My work network and the bottom network Cricket. Try different combinations to achieve the desired results depending on how and what you are using the PPC to connect to.

Last edited:

ligbrngr

Jan 22, 2009
hey ryan!!!

saw the post about how the cricket version works on uscellular but was wondering if u had completed any work on a specific rom for the carrier? I have been following your work and from what I can tell its good stuff. lemme know... Oh... my name was a typeo... should b lifbrngr. just to let u know.

RyanMogul

saw the post about how the cricket version works on uscellular but was wondering if u had completed any work on a specific rom for the carrier? I have been following your work and from what I can tell its good stuff. lemme know... Oh... my name was a typeo... should b lifbrngr. just to let u know.

I assume you could get WAP on my ROM to work on US Cellular if you first delete the connection from connections settings, then install a US Cellular carrier cab and soft reset.

My guess on how to get MMS on my ROM to work on US Cellular is to go into registry. Delete the entire Arcsoft Folder and all of its subkeys and values from Hkeylocalmachine/software/"arcsoft folder". Then you would want to install a US Cellular version of Arcsoft that is already set up for MMS. Then soft reset. You still may have to do registry edits (connection via string, wsp header strings) and so forth but getting US Cellular to work on one of my ROM's is not impossible..

I have been really busy. As of now I am not working on a US cellular version. I already have 5 different Carrier specific ROM's and I am a little tired. I will eventually though. I will not stop cooking until I have all the Major Carriers covered for the Mogul.

About your name, thats not that big of a deal, I am sure if you talk to a Admin they can help you out. If not big deal its one letter difference. Thanks for your interest.

RyanMogul

Here is the new Opera Mini 4.2 Final with Java

If anyone is having problems with Internet Explorer 6 which is cooked into my ROMs then download and install this Opera Mini with Java CAB that I made. I found that if you have a slow connection IE6 takes forever to load and it almost seems like it stalls but if you wait IE will finally come around 5 minutes later for a large full page. I am always going to cook opera mini into my ROM's the web browsing is amazing.

Here the CAB to install. http://www.4shared.com/file/104226619/41f8c8a0/OperaMini42FinalPlusJava.html

I made this to install Opera mini 4.2 Final and Java jbed Signed Build 20081016.2.1. It will install a new shortcut to Opera Mini and Java in your programs folder.

This opera is so Fast even for Cricket. I love surfing the web now. There are a lot of customizing options as well. The new java is great runs 3d java games and apps. For best web viewing switch to mobile view in Opera settings.

Last edited:

RyanMogul

My versions 7.0 and 6.5 with Working Nuekernel for more RAM

I have released all of my ROMs and will be creating a final revision thread for each. Here is a list and brief description of all of my ROM's that are now available for each carrier! The ROMs are always already programmed for the carrier. You have to set up PST/QPST settings for your carrier and activate the internet the first time while the phone is unplugged.

A total of 35 ROMs.

Carriers

Cricket
Sprint
Verizon
MetroPCS
Alltel

ROMs

V2.2 Heavy WM 6.5 (WM7 inspired UI)
V2.2 Light WM 6.5 (WM7 inspired UI)
V2.1 Heavy WM 6.5 (Default Titanium)
V2.1 Light WM 6.5 (Default Titanium)
V2.0 Heavy WM 6.1 (Manila Partial Landscape) - Close as you are going to come to M2D full landscape, not by using mortscript or second today if thats what you are thinking. It switches to Portrait when exiting a program. Figure out a way to stop it become one of the final pieces to the puzzle!
V1.1 Heavy WM 6.1 (Manila 2D)
V1.1 Light WM 6.1 (Without Manila 2D)

MY 2+ Version ROM's DO NOT run Auto Customizations and DO NOT skip welcome. All the ROMs like usual are already programmed for WAP/MMS settings and do not need touched. Have the OS tweaked to play every video type using tcpmp or wmplayer on or the other. New Java and Opera 4.2 Final New Build is installed in all of the ROM's. I cooked Astro GPS launcher in (Heavy versions), and linked the Google maps shortcuts to run it.

There is a lot of tweaks and things into these 6.5 ROM's. I am sure little things will come up but I dont expect many other than about RAM. The TITAN doesnt have much to work with and thats why I originally preferred not to make 6.5 ROM's.

WM7 V2.2 (6.5with 7.0 Inspired UI and Skinned, not theme) versions Light and Heavy - Has Titanium Weather 4.2, Fave People 2.8, CHome Config 6.1, Titanium Project WM 7, and the heavy version has a lot more toys and software.

Windows Mobile 7 Inspired Titanium Project Skinned with Titanium Weather 4.2 with Radar, All notifications in one titanium tab, fave people tab. WM 6.5 Widgets, Nue kernel and nue threaded sms control are built in and working, there are a lot of programs and toys. Everything works, uses a lot of memory with camera enabled though but not bad, real smooth. Used samsung 3d driver and a decent amount of tweaks, but no speed tweaks for my WM 6.5 versions. That would use up too much RAM. This is a very nice version.

WM 6.5 V2.1 (Heavy, Light) Windows Mobile 6.5 Stock skinned Titanium, uses a lot less memory than the Upgraded 6.5 UI from above. If you run in High Memory mode its like 50% free at boot, and I havent even tried the light version I can imagine its even lower.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts