[Themes] Best (dark) Theme for S8+?

Search This thread

geoff5093

Jun 13, 2011
I loaded the Material Dark theme that I used on my S7 Edge, and overall it looks good. Only thing that bugs me is the navigation bar color changes based on the app, from black to gray to transparent.

Reactions: SAO

labyrinthian

Oct 9, 2007
Chicago, IL
Okay, feels like a dumb question (I *am* finally upgraded to S8+ from Note4) - but where do I activate dark themes (non-root)? Tons of garbage in the play store, but I'd think it'd be built into Android 7 (been promised it for years)... any guidance appreciated.

SAO

Oct 4, 2007
I loaded the Material Dark theme that I used on my S7 Edge, and overall it looks good. Only thing that bugs me is the navigation bar color changes based on the app, from black to gray to transparent.
Was about to test it, Had it also on my S7E.

But seems that some new designers are on the block, one for example is "Aire". might be worth checking it out. I'm testing the sd_black. not bad for the moment.

Okay, feels like a dumb question (I *am* finally upgraded to S8+ from Note4) - but where do I activate dark themes (non-root)? Tons of garbage in the play store, but I'd think it'd be built into Android 7 (been promised it for years)... any guidance appreciated.

settings > wallpapers & themes

Last edited:
What do you think would be the best dark theme (with contrast) for the S8+?

Try this one. I had in since Monday and I love it?

http://www.samsung.com/global/theme...com.samsung.Dream_A11y_lowvision&SITE_CODE=ca

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Long press an empty spot on the launcher /select wallpapers and theme/go to theme section in theme store/search for terms like material or dark.

crankshaft

Jan 13, 2007
Google Pixel 6

dc82

Sep 24, 2010
OMG this pisses me off so much. I wish the user could decide the color and have it STAY that color. Aside from when it goes full transparent on the home screen or during media content. I use the Google keyboard with a dark theme and the white nav bar looks hideous.

Screenshot_20170421-181329.png

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: cordac

neophilly

Jun 18, 2011
Try this one. I had in since Monday and I love it?

http://www.samsung.com/global/theme...com.samsung.Dream_A11y_lowvision&SITE_CODE=ca

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Long press an empty spot on the launcher /select wallpapers and theme/go to theme section in theme store/search for terms like material or dark.
Yo this theme is EXACTLY what I was looking for thanks

---------- Post added at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

OMG this pisses me off so much. I wish the user could decide the color and have it STAY that color. Aside from when it goes full transparent on the home screen or during media content. I use the Google keyboard with a dark theme and the white nav bar looks hideous.
Get NavBar app from the play Store and change the color to black

labyrinthian

Oct 9, 2007
Chicago, IL
Added navbar plus this theme, still have annoying white on 'enter message' box in messages.
Also I'm hoping to have real dark theme, ie so that gmail is dark not white.
Any suggestion for either?

labyrinthian

Oct 9, 2007
Chicago, IL
Yup, totally black, just like how I've set my windows machine (ie Visual studio).

Almost there, but still have a few random notification spots and above keyboard bars.

Joell27

Sep 2, 2009
Yeah. I ended up switching to Samsung's high contrast theme. Wish they'd just do a black version stock theme like the one in the themes section.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S8+

The high contrast theme is nice, but I'd prefer the theme to have different messaging bubbles colors. If the messaging colors were black and orange (or some other color/ not pastel) rather than just black, it would be perfect.

Top Liked Posts