Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

zezadas

Mar 29, 2012
Important notice from forum moderator gregbradley
please read this

New Camera V4 Released
Sorry for the delay, my parents are on vacation this weeks, so I took this time to be more time with them.
The greater feature in this version are the Exposure modes and the shutter speed, the rest of the changes are below in changelog.
This versions as some minor bugs, like on SA exposure mode and shutter speed should not be available.
when choosing auto exposure mode, ISO and speed should be disabled and the same on other exposure modes.
when choosing shutter prio, max speed is 1/125s don't know why, when using manual, it always use the next ISO chosen, don't know why...
I was thinking... for the people that have faced some bugs on SA, not showing more resolutions, maybe is because of superior auto xposed mode. The best way to disable signature verification ( framework patch ) is to use some xposed mode, like serajr mode and enabling super user mode, or using xInstaller (hadn't try this mode).
I have made my patched code available on my github account
Special thanks to @Lanchon for the great DexPatcher tools. and to @serajr for the xposed mode, that came really handy to disable signature verification
Downloads and Changelog's are below.
And don't forget to hit thanks :cowboy:

Important Discalimer:
Be sure to have a System Backup, bootloop is always a possibility (we hope not).
I'm not responsible if something bad happen to your phone... Blah Blah Blah... you know the deal...

What Is:
Well, this is a mod of the Z3 Camera with some features unlocked.
This mod is indicated to people who want more control over camera functions, like scenes, iso and more MP.

Current Features:
Version 1:
In this Mod I have unlocked 15MP and 20MP on superior auto mode.
Unlocked the ability to use HDR and Scene modes on 15MP and 20MP.
Added more ISO values on the list.
Version 2:
Based on Z3+ camera (28.0.A.7.27_R6A)
Changed application name
Increased the default jpeg quality from 97 to 100
Added new exposure modes (this new modes appear in ISO, they are not complete, it's only a little taste of what I pretend to do)
Version 2.2:
Fixed lockscreen shortcut and lauching camera when screen is off
Version 3:
Based on Z3App 23.4.A.0.546_R14C
Added new Resolution in SuperiorAuto (8MP , 8MP WIDE, 15MP, 20MP)
Version 4:
Source made available on my github
Exposure Mode added on menu, auto, ISO priority, shutter priority and manual
Added option to control shutter Speed, 0 means 1 second, 12 means 1/5000 seconds
Modded menu order, since it has more options I opted for the more important settings at the top.
Fixed some translations.
Added new focus mode "macro", (for the interested people, give a closer look on the source for more details on the focus mode)
Cant remember if I made something else xD
More will become...

Prerequisites:
  • A compatible phone like the Z series...
  • Root

Instructions:
First We will prevent bootloops and messed up things...
So starting from clear camera data and removing original camera App, choose the Graphical or Terminal way, or both if you want to have really sure of the process
Graphical way:
  1. go to settings->applications->select camera-> clear data
  2. open your file explorer(Like ES File Explorer), go to "/system/priv-app/"
  3. backup and remove SemcCameraUI folder
Terminal way:
  1. adb shell "su -c cp -r /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI/ /sdcard/SemcCameraUI"
  2. adb shell "su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI/"
  3. adb shell "pm clear com.sonyericsson.android.camera"

Since we have a odexed rom, and our package has a different signature, lets patch service.jar, it's easy!!
Patch Framework:
see this post for better guidance.
Also if you have serajr Xperia Xposed, with Super User Mode enabled, you are good to go, and can skip framework patch
  1. Mod Edit
  2. Mod Edit
  3. Mod Edit
  4. Mod Edit
  5. Mod Edit
  6. Mod Edit
Just use serajr xposed module to bypass signature verification (service.jar patching).
I can no longer tell you what was the Mod Edit. No warez allowed :angel:
Install the moded camera:
  1. Download the moded camera V4 Download
  2. Just install the file attached in this thread the way you like it...
Optional move app to System:
If you want fast capturing to be able to take photos directly from your locked phone, we have to move the app to system
  1. Open Mod Edit
  2. Click on Camera App
  3. Choose Tools
  4. Choose "Move to /system/app"
ENJOY YOUR NEW CAMERA!!! :)

@AndroPlus for Xposed module 20MP SuperiorAuto
@luminoso for testing support
@sig.alleh for photography explanations

Screen Shots:
Screen shots are a little outdated, I will put some new one's soon.

Attachments

• SemcCameraUI.apk
    5.7 MB · Views: 13,553
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-06.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-06.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 100,037
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-24.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 97,710
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-35.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 95,820
  • Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-03-14-11-52.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 91,783
  • z3plus_SemcCameraUI.apk
    7.4 MB · Views: 6,652
  • SemcCameraUI_V2.apk
    7.4 MB · Views: 2,752
  • SemcCameraUI_V2.2.apk
    7.3 MB · Views: 2,318
  • SemcCameraUI_V3.apk
    7.3 MB · Views: 7,183
  • SemcCameraUI_V4.apk
    7.4 MB · Views: 64,356
Last edited by a moderator:

jarayn

Aug 6, 2012
Very interesting, thanks.

Can you unlock anything else in superior auto?

Iso, focus modes for example

aardappel12

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks for this, working nicely!
Would it also be possible to mute the start-up sound of the camera when using the hardware buttons? Or isn't that part related to the apk? Cause I've tried replacing the camera related .ogg, .m4a and .wav files under /system/media with empty audio files but the sound is still there haha

Reactions: eldarkh98

zezadas

Mar 29, 2012
Can I just replace the SemcCameraUI.apk with root explorer?
Yes you can replace, but don't forget to wipe data and patch the framework.

Very interesting, thanks.

Can you unlock anything else in superior auto?

Iso, focus modes for example
Superior auto is supposed to be "auto", so that kind of mod's only makes sense in manual mode.

Thanks for this, working nicely!
Would it also be possible to mute the start-up sound of the camera when using the hardware buttons? Or isn't that part related to the apk? Cause I've tried replacing the camera related .ogg, .m4a and .wav files under /system/media with empty audio files but the sound is still there haha
I just noticed that sound now, I don't like it too, I will try to mute it.

chikrron

Jan 21, 2012
nice, bro could you provide the original SemcCameraUI.apk...? please
thanks in advance!

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Help! I.do it all like the instructions and camera fc closes :(

Provide original semccameraui please

OldAcquaintance

Mar 29, 2014
Great mod!

Would it be possible to add a feature to force HDR in superior auto? I've found HDR almost always improves the photo.

And add a way to change/choose which camera mode starts with camera button/from lockscreen?
Default is always Superior auto and there isn't a way to change it.

Lastly, would it be possible to add lower resolutions to superior auto, like 3.1MP? Even the defualt 8MP is sometimes unnecesarily big.

Anyway, even without those changes thanks for the great work!

zezadas

Mar 29, 2012
Great mod!

Would it be possible to add a feature to force HDR in superior auto? I've found HDR almost always improves the photo.

And add a way to change/choose which camera mode starts with camera button/from lockscreen?
Default is always Superior auto and there isn't a way to change it.

Lastly, would it be possible to add lower resolutions to superior auto, like 3.1MP? Even the default 8MP is sometimes unnecesarily big.

Anyway, even without those changes thanks for the great work!

About HDR in Superior Auto, as I said before,Superior Auto it's supposed to be auto. Also HDR requires that you won't move the camera when shooting.

About adding a way to change/choose which camera mode starts on Fast Capture I pretend to do it, but maybe it will take a little bit... Just wait ;)

About 3MP I see no advantages, can you tell me what's your reason? Space? speed? other?

OldAcquaintance

Mar 29, 2014
Regarding HDR, I know, but was still hoping maybe you'll agree :D It's mostly a personal preference to how/what I photograph.

Anyway, if autostart mode can be changed/selected, I can always choose to start manual with HDR so no problem :) That would be awesome!

Also, 3.1MP I've found is the optimal for me for standard photos - speed, size, battery and fast auto upload to the cloud/services, which again saves a lot of battery. No visual difference even when looking on a TV screen because it's resolution is still big enough that it gets scaled down.

Reactions: Snoe II

jerflash

Sep 10, 2010
NYC
I really wanted this to work but it just wont.

have tried every which way to get it installed but it always either fails to install or camera fails when trying to launch

XQC

Jul 24, 2010
Thanks for the mod, it's working so far!

Only gripe is that I can't select the SD card anymore as saving location. I also applied the SD card fix to the system, but the option stays greyed out. Any suggestions?

zezadas

Mar 29, 2012
Have you tried to reboot after moving to system
Also have you cleared the app data
Here is working fine.

Sent from my D5803 using XDA Free mobile app

XQC

Jul 24, 2010
Have you tried to reboot after moving to system
Also have you cleared the app data
Here is working fine.

Yeah I also tried clearing data and rebooted several times. SD card option remains grey.
Other apps don't have problems to access SD card.

MMTK84

Dec 9, 2010
not working

Unfortunately it does not work.
I can not enable HDR or Scenes in manual camera mode.
I've tried LuckyPatcher, clean Cache and Dalvik, Reboot, ........

Can use internal and external storage (sd card).

My system:
KitKat 4.4.4 with Firmware 23.0.1.A.5.7 (Stock Rom, Stock Kernel), rooted, Recovery, Xposed with LuckyPatcher, ......

:confused:

Last edited:

zezadas

Mar 29, 2012
Unfortunately it does not work.
I can not enable HDR or Scenes in manual camera mode.
I've tried LuckyPatcher, clean Cache and Dalvik, Reboot, ........

Can use internal and external storage (sd card).

My system:
KitKat 4.4.4 with Firmware 23.0.1.A.5.7 (Stock Rom, Stock Kernel), rooted, Recovery, Xposed with LuckyPatcher, ......

:confused:

I haven't tested this on KitKat Rom's, as I said before this came from Lollipop Rom.
But that's awkward, since you can open the camera. :s
Have you done the steps right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Important notice from forum moderator gregbradley
    please read this

New Camera V4 Released
    Sorry for the delay, my parents are on vacation this weeks, so I took this time to be more time with them.
    The greater feature in this version are the Exposure modes and the shutter speed, the rest of the changes are below in changelog.
    This versions as some minor bugs, like on SA exposure mode and shutter speed should not be available.
    when choosing auto exposure mode, ISO and speed should be disabled and the same on other exposure modes.
    when choosing shutter prio, max speed is 1/125s don't know why, when using manual, it always use the next ISO chosen, don't know why...
    I was thinking... for the people that have faced some bugs on SA, not showing more resolutions, maybe is because of superior auto xposed mode. The best way to disable signature verification ( framework patch ) is to use some xposed mode, like serajr mode and enabling super user mode, or using xInstaller (hadn't try this mode).
    I have made my patched code available on my github account
    Special thanks to @Lanchon for the great DexPatcher tools. and to @serajr for the xposed mode, that came really handy to disable signature verification
    Downloads and Changelog's are below.
    And don't forget to hit thanks :cowboy:

Important Discalimer:
    Be sure to have a System Backup, bootloop is always a possibility (we hope not).
    I'm not responsible if something bad happen to your phone... Blah Blah Blah... you know the deal...

What Is:
    Well, this is a mod of the Z3 Camera with some features unlocked.
    This mod is indicated to people who want more control over camera functions, like scenes, iso and more MP.

Current Features:
    Version 1:
    In this Mod I have unlocked 15MP and 20MP on superior auto mode.
    Unlocked the ability to use HDR and Scene modes on 15MP and 20MP.
    Added more ISO values on the list.
    Version 2:
    Based on Z3+ camera (28.0.A.7.27_R6A)
    Changed application name
    Increased the default jpeg quality from 97 to 100
    Added new exposure modes (this new modes appear in ISO, they are not complete, it's only a little taste of what I pretend to do)
    Version 2.2:
    Fixed lockscreen shortcut and lauching camera when screen is off
    Version 3:
    Based on Z3App 23.4.A.0.546_R14C
    Added new Resolution in SuperiorAuto (8MP , 8MP WIDE, 15MP, 20MP)
    Version 4:
    Source made available on my github
    Exposure Mode added on menu, auto, ISO priority, shutter priority and manual
    Added option to control shutter Speed, 0 means 1 second, 12 means 1/5000 seconds
    Modded menu order, since it has more options I opted for the more important settings at the top.
    Fixed some translations.
    Added new focus mode "macro", (for the interested people, give a closer look on the source for more details on the focus mode)
    Cant remember if I made something else xD
    More will become...

Prerequisites:
    • A compatible phone like the Z series...
    • Root

Instructions:
    First We will prevent bootloops and messed up things...
    So starting from clear camera data and removing original camera App, choose the Graphical or Terminal way, or both if you want to have really sure of the process
    Graphical way:
    1. go to settings->applications->select camera-> clear data
    2. open your file explorer(Like ES File Explorer), go to "/system/priv-app/"
    3. backup and remove SemcCameraUI folder
    Terminal way:
    1. adb shell "su -c cp -r /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI/ /sdcard/SemcCameraUI"
    2. adb shell "su -c rm -r /system/priv-app/SemcCameraUI/"
    3. adb shell "pm clear com.sonyericsson.android.camera"

Since we have a odexed rom, and our package has a different signature, lets patch service.jar, it's easy!!
    Patch Framework:
    see this post for better guidance.
    Also if you have serajr Xperia Xposed, with Super User Mode enabled, you are good to go, and can skip framework patch
    1. Mod Edit
    2. Mod Edit
    3. Mod Edit
    4. Mod Edit
    5. Mod Edit
    6. Mod Edit
    Just use serajr xposed module to bypass signature verification (service.jar patching).
    I can no longer tell you what was the Mod Edit. No warez allowed :angel:
    Install the moded camera:
    1. Download the moded camera V4 Download
    2. Just install the file attached in this thread the way you like it...
    Optional move app to System:
    If you want fast capturing to be able to take photos directly from your locked phone, we have to move the app to system
    1. Open Mod Edit
    2. Click on Camera App
    3. Choose Tools
    4. Choose "Move to /system/app"
    ENJOY YOUR NEW CAMERA!!! :)

@AndroPlus for Xposed module 20MP SuperiorAuto
    @luminoso for testing support
    @sig.alleh for photography explanations

Screen Shots:
    Screen shots are a little outdated, I will put some new one's soon.
    Easyyyyyy... I'm still working on the project, but I have been busy this week's...
    When I have some time I will reply to some comments.
    Also if anyone interested in helping with the project, feel free to create a pull request on github, all help are welcome. Also all feedback and ideas are welcome.
    But before more features. I'd like to fix compatibility with android versions, and Xperia models.

I started first semester on september and I'm gone be really busy this year.
    Currently I'm in IEEExtreme, an 24 programming competition
    Thank's for the people that help other users installing this mod.
    The "mod edit" is really a mod edit, we used a software to patch services that could be used for Warez and it is not permitted in XDA.
    In attachments a little photo of Polo II (Coimbra University)

I hope I can release a new version soon
    Thanks for all the support

Currently I'm super busy with University
    As soon as I finish my exams I will check how's Sony camera and libs
    My first priority is to get a better way to install, and make it compatible with all devices.
    Also any help patching the code will be welcome, all the patches are available on my github
    Some help patching libs binarys would be welcome too.
    @zezadas @all

OK folks listen up

I have just edited or removed over 50 posts in this section that are openly discussing warez. This has been done by the OP and others even after another moderator has been in this thread cleaning up the OP.

Read this XDA RULE 6
    6. Do not post or request warez.

If a piece of software requires you to pay to use it, then pay for it. We do not accept warez nor do we permit members to request, post, promote or describe ways in which warez, cracks, serial codes or other means of avoiding payment, can be obtained or used. This is a site of developers, i.e. the sort of people who create such software. When you cheat a software developer, you cheat us as a community.

If this continues then I will be forced to close this thread and infract users who are blatantly ignoring the rules.

Regards

Greg Bradley (Forum Moderator)