[TOOLKIT] [MAC] [Nexus 5] Root, TWRP Recovery, Unroot, & More! 12/27/14

Search This thread

techfanatic9

Mar 31, 2012
Vernon Hills, IL
www.androidrootz.com
ev47pc.jpg

Can't forget about the Mac users right?

I have personally tested all these toolkits on my Nexus 5. They are confirmed working!

What Can This One-Click Mac Toolkit Do?
Root Nexus 5
Install TWRP Recovery on Nexus 5
Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop!
Unlock Bootloder
Lock Bootloader

Download all the Mac toolkits here:
http://www.androidrootz.com/2013/11/nexus-5-one-click-toolkit-for-mac.html

FAQ:
Q: I want to root my Nexus 5, do I need to download each part of the toolkit separately?
A: No, all you need to do is download the root toolkit. That toolkit will unlock your bootloader, install TWRP, and root it.

Change Log*
December 27th 2014:
Toolkits updated for Lollipop support
November 6th 2013:
Initial Release

Last edited:

jnehama

Feb 10, 2011
Thank you. Just moved to a Mac recently and have never used it to root a device yet. Thanks for making it accessible!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

persianrisk

Oct 12, 2013
ev47pc.jpg

I have personally tested all these toolkits on my Nexus 5. They are confirmed working!

Root Nexus 5
Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 4.4 Kit Kat!
Unlock Bootloder
Lock Bootloader

Get all the Mac toolkits here:

Change Log*
November 6th 2013:
Initial Release

Thank you very much. ;)

Reactions: lucasj and Jocelyn

andrewjrr

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario
Will give this a try as soon as mine arrives.. my PC is getting too old and cluttered it'll be nice to do this device from my MAC. Thanks

Chad_Petree

Apr 2, 2009
Will this prevent me from getting the OTA updates? I could install them manually that doesn't bother me , but I had a bad experience when I rooted my nexus 4, when I tried to apply the update manually it didnt go through, it always gave a " operation aborted" message , why was that? Would it be the same if I root my nexus 5?

Will rooting erase my data? I know unlocking the bootloader does, but I'm not sure if rooting does :confused:

devaughnaw

Nov 6, 2013
Will this prevent me from getting the OTA updates? I could install them manually that doesn't bother me , but I had a bad experience when I rooted my nexus 4, when I tried to apply the update manually it didnt go through, it always gave a " operation aborted" message , why was that? Would it be the same if I root my nexus 5?

Will rooting erase my data? I know unlocking the bootloader does, but I'm not sure if rooting does :confused:

You'll still get OTA updates as long as you don't install any custom ROMS and kernels.

MLAM

Jul 28, 2013
Hampshire
Thanks for this,

May I ask what version of Mac OS X are you using?

I'm on mavericks and I get "Root.Nexus.5" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

Granted I only tested it without the phone plugged in to see what it says.

530farm

Aug 3, 2012
Oakland
I notice all the tookits are specific to 1 task.

I want to root, unlock my bootloader and install twrp.

Is there a specific order that I should run the tool kits?

devaughnaw

Nov 6, 2013

adamsweeting

Jul 15, 2010
Thanks for this,

I'm on mavericks and I get "Root.Nexus.5" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer"

You need to go into System Preferences, Security & Privacy, General tab. Click the padlock at the bottom left, bung your password in. Then click the "Anywhere" button under "Allow apps downloaded from:"

530farm

Aug 3, 2012
Oakland
I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp but when I tried to reboot the phone so I could add the SuperSU zip to root, it gets stuck at the Google boot animation. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

lazydesi

Jan 26, 2011
I unlocked the bootloader, installed twrp but when I tried to reboot the phone so I could add the SuperSU zip to root, it gets stuck at the Google boot animation. Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

you can

Enter into recovery mode and do a factory reset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ev47pc.jpg

Root Nexus 5
    Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 5.0.1 Lollipop!
    Unlock Bootloder
    Lock Bootloader

Download all the Mac toolkits here:

FAQ:
    Q: I want to root my Nexus 5, do I need to download each part of the toolkit separately?
    A: No, all you need to do is download the root toolkit. That toolkit will unlock your bootloader, install TWRP, and root it.

Change Log*
    December 27th 2014:
    Toolkits updated for Lollipop support
    November 6th 2013:
    Initial Release
    Hey everyone! From @techfanatic9's one click root toolkit, I've added the latest TWRP Recovery and SuperSU. They have been modified slightly and tested by me. All credits should be given to techfanatic9. All I did was change a few lines lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ckt3wzc9c11j7sp/Root Nexus 5.zip
    ev47pc.jpg

Root Nexus 5
    Unroot Nexus 5 to Stock Android 4.4 Kit Kat!
    Unlock Bootloder
    Lock Bootloader

Get all the Mac toolkits here:

Change Log*
    November 6th 2013:
    Initial Release

Thank you very much. ;)
    Thanks for this,

You need to go into System Preferences, Security & Privacy, General tab. Click the padlock at the bottom left, bung your password in. Then click the "Anywhere" button under "Allow apps downloaded from:"
    Hey everyone! From @techfanatic9's one click root toolkit, I've added the latest TWRP Recovery and SuperSU. They have been modified slightly and tested by me. All credits should be given to techfanatic9. All I did was change a few lines lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ipymbug8uy5dphj/Root Nexus 5 updated toolkit.zip

Brilliant! Thumbs up to @alltechinside and @techfanatic9 for these contributions. I had already unlocked bootloader and had been rooted (with stock ROM, stock kernel and stock recovery) on 4.4.1 - then yesterday I got the 4.4.2 OTA which installed just fine (FWIW, receiving and flashing an OTA works fine if you are rooted, as long as you have stock recovery, ROM and kernel).

Once I was booted back up in 4.4.2 I had lost root (Naturally, because the OTA I got from Le Goog did not come pre-rooted) - which brought me to a search on rooting 4.4.2 and I stumbled across this thread. I was in search of a way to root my fresh new 4.4.2 stock ROM and install TWRP but ALREADY had an unlocked bootloader (so I wanted to skip that part)

I assumed that since I already have an unlocked bootloader I would be able to skip this step in the 1-click toolkit :fingers-crossed: - but just to be safe, I backed everything up. When I ran the 1-click I soon found that it runs the unlock procedure as step one, no way around it, BUT it recognized the bootloader was already unlocked! When I ran this first procedure, it gave a message that unlocking bootloader failed due to already being unlocked and then allowed me to proceed with the remainder of the procedures (flash TWRP via fastboot and then flash root via TWRP) all without losing any data. :highfive:

This is a great toolkit for us OSX users! Thank you again so much for this contribution!

Again: just to be clear, as stated in the OP, this 1-click toolkit will wipe your data as this is a necessary process in unlocking the boot loader. If your boot loader is already unlocked, then data will be preserved but ALWAYS backup just to be safe ;)