OTA Update available now with Android 4.0.4 & Sense 4.1, next Jelly Bean & Sense 4+ ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jargalus

Jan 8, 2012
Same here.

The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

chrisjcks

Sep 26, 2010
Bolton
I thought we would have had a RUU on this big update by now,

Unreleased nexus 7 tablet already has 3.1.10 kernel... We should already have this. :(

s1977

Feb 7, 2009
Liverpuuuuuuuuuul :)
Someone from HTC better be reading on this forum and release that update immediately! We all will get increasingly frustrated if even the 4.0.4 update takes time as we now are expecting the Jellybean update.... :crying: Such a shame that this is a far better design than that S3....

Spewy1

May 29, 2011
Manchester
Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

Nit3m4re

Nov 12, 2009
All I am going to say to people wanting to jump ship is S-OFF.

As soon as we get that then things will liven up a bit. People can't do a lot of things because they're afraid to root for their own reasons, as a result, things aren't fixed until HTC fix them and probably feel the only thing they can do is moan about it.

S3's had that advantage from day one so its no wonder they're all happy over there rooting away and installing all kinds of cool and mystical things, but once we get it too without sacrificing warranty then I don't see what people will have to get all depressed about besides the defected model band of people, in which case it's already diminishing/becoming boring to read so hopefully it stops soon.

Patience ship jumpers :D

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

Got to say, I'm about to jump ship, gonna get the s3 had compare the two together but judging by the s3 forum on xda the vibe is very positive, the vibe here for the hox is more negative. I love my hox but I feel I just have to experience the s3, maybe Samsung just have better marketing but I am being lured in by the s3.

The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27663514&postcount=1525

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.

P1n3apqlExpr3ss

Aug 16, 2011
The title of this thread is "Massive HOX OTA Update coming soon with Android 4.0.4!" It’s been up until now a positive thread. I find it fascinating that, somehow, you managed to work yet another discussion of the same known One X issues and the SGS3 in to it. There are plenty of issues threads already open that welcome comments from disgruntled owners. This isn’t one of them.

Since we're OT any way, here's a link to why I canceled my SGS3 order and decided to keep the One X.

A little advice too. If some of you pull the crap you've pulled here when you're on the SGS3 forum and start polls, petitions, and whine about petty issues they'll eat you alive.

Dude, I'm the reason this thread is even here and the article in OP has gotten 10k+ hits thanks to the OP posting it here -.-

I never said the One X was bad, I got mine for free, bought the S3 (slightly out of hype I admit), sold the One X and not regretting that pathway at the moment

Either way, I expect this update, whenever it's released, should go a long way to closing the gap between it and the S3

lamenramen

Jul 19, 2011

I would try one in store if at all possible first. Coming from a HTC One X, the immediate thing that jumps out as you is the much higher quality of the screen. The SIII was flat out dim, even at its brightest level, and I could see the pentile matrix. Sometimes you are not looking for overt pixels; you're just not going to get that level of clarity, period on an SIII. Had you not used a One X, you'd probably fine. But if you are one of those people who (rightfully) think that since these phones are 99% screen, and screen quality should be a huge factor in your decision.

For everything but the screen and the attractiveness of the design of the One X, the SIII likely wins.

keeiL

Apr 30, 2012
Who fooking care about any "gap" to any other device. I dont think any of us who are reading this thread, for the right reason, really care if you are switching to s3 or even Nokia 6210 if that was the case. Its because of this narcissistic posts that ruins "the positive vibe" for the rest of us.

Dmitry N

Apr 27, 2006
Moscow
Same here.

The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

The rumors say the upcoming OTA does address these issues as well!

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
Scratches is down to the user how he uses his phone..Not a manufacturer error it is down to the user.

Second same goes for the camera lens. i be the first to admit why does HTC love the camera sticking out from the rest of the body of the phone is beyond me but anyway again this is down to how the user puts his phone down on the table or any surface. I had my one now since release and never had any issues with regarding heat, ripples or screen flickering.

And although i went through 3 phones due to QC errors i must admit i was close going to the dark side...But sticking with the phone the One X is the best damn decision i ever made..I just love this phone...But i will think twice before buying another HTC phone though due to the problems i had before..But i would recommend One X over S3 anyday

Reactions: ViTAMiNCHEG

Dmitry N

Apr 27, 2006
Moscow
I can see how the update can fix heat issues but it can't repair scratches on the camera lens and screen ripple when you squeeze the sides
The update also does address the issue with the lack of the sense of humor for some users!
HTC is committed to listening to users and delivering customer satisfaction. We have heard your voice and will prepare the OTA sooner than you might expect.

Reactions: sabret00the

aLcHy09

Jun 11, 2012
Wichita
4.1!!!

If anyone from HTC is listening... Give us S-OFF and release the 4.0.4 update with the new kernel by June end or first week of July... Enough of your crappy testing.... We all have seen how great that department is.... Release it, we will test it for u.... After that, get started on 4.1 update ASAP.... Want a release of 4.1 in AUG!!! Comprende??? :angel:

Last edited:

Yod-b

Sep 8, 2006
Budapest
The update also does address the issue with the lack of the sense of humor for some users!
HTC is committed to listening to users and delivering customer satisfaction. We have heard your voice and will prepare the OTA sooner than you might expect.

maaan, you're trolling perfectly. but i wouldn't have told him it was only ironic. :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How the Sausage is Made

Let me share with you guys what goes in to developing and testing commercial s/w. I don’t know exactly how HTC approaches it but it’s a pretty standard process.

I’d guess there are different teams that work on different components of a ROM.

Plumbing– These are the nuts and bolts that support the OS calls and include things like drivers, low-level code, and the kernel. This team also liaises with third-parties like Nvidia.

Wireless - This include the radios; cellular, BT, GPS, and Wi-Fi.

Application Layer – This includes the OS, Sense 4.0, any HTC proprietary apps, bundled third-party apps (EG: Polaris) and the integration of things like the accessories (desk dock, car dock, Media Link HD).

So to release an update, multiple teams are working on various aspects of it at the same time. Each team tests their work but can only do so much with their individual pieces. As work is completed it’s glommed together in the form of a single ROM for the first time. That’s when internal testing begins in earnest. At the same time, the now complete ROM is placed in a version control system so all the teams are working on it together rather than focusing on their individual components.

Typically there’s a team of testers pulled from various departments in the company because you can’t have 10-30 people standing by to test full time because the work ebbs and flows. The test scripts that are followed are probably the size of a phone book. As issues are identified during internal testing the person overseeing testing tries to isolate it, logs it, and reports it to the team most likely responsible for resolving it. Each time a team or member of a team identifies and resolves an issue, depending on how core the issue is to the entire ROM, testing may have to start again from the very beginning of the script. This repeats dozens of times until the ROM passes internal testing cleanly.

Once internal testing’s complete testing is opened up to a broader user audience. Most likely having HTC employees and/or Elevate members starting to use the ROM on their personal devices. They provide feedback via a problem tracking system and the developers look for commonality in the problems reported and make changes to the code accordingly. If major issues are uncovered it’s back to square one which includes another full round of internal scripted testing followed by pushing the revised ROM out to the larger user group. This repeats until the ROM is deemed “acceptable.” Since no s/w is ever perfect, “acceptable” usually means shippable.

So the six-week old 2.05 test ROM passed internal testing and was distributed to a larger user group. Something must have been discovered that caused the developers to make some major changes. So it’s somewhere in the (re)testing process right now.

Like I said, this is the way s/w development is done. HTC may have their own unique spin but it’s not going to be much different than I described. So, while we want it now, we don’t always get what we want. And I’d personally rather wait until it’s done than have to suffer through some of the issues we all faced with the original shipped ROM. I'm guessing but the actual coding of an update could take anywhere from four to twelve weeks with testing always being as long (or longer) than coding. And based on the way this process works you can pretty much take as a given that JB isn’t “right around the corner.”

And that's how the sausage is made. ;)
    For those who want to download the RUU from filefactory here you go...

Filefactory Premium Account:
    User: liveacteam09@gmail.com
    Pass: www.liveac.blogspot.com
    :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X
    S3 trolls . Do not feed
    Saying goodbye to my One X on Monday next week, looks like I won't be able to try out this update afterall

Same here. The policarbonate back which was suppose to be un.scratchable or something like this..... Lost color in a spot plus the cc am lens get scratched easy plus its to hot... Plus a little of ripple effect ob the eges .... I might say that I gave it a shot but this hox is being sold asap and I'm gonna give s3 a go.

"Samsung has a Mobile Communications Lab in San Jose, with 90 engineers who work with Google to optimize the Android OS for Samsung phones".

90 engineers to build ugly touchwizz??:D

from the ARC