[CLOSED][BETA][2018.7.19] Magisk v16.7 (1671)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN
Almost fixed it on my Mi 5s Plus [LineageOS 15.1 (8.1.0), F2FS /data and /cache]. Some apps are showing up on "Superuser" tab and never asks for root confirmation again (AdAway, EX Kernel Manager), some apps are not showing up and still asks for a confirmation every single time (Devcheck, Nova Launcher).

I wasn't able to use the latest APK by the way, it was FC'ing. Instead, I used the one from 15.3 (1531).

Did you read this in the op of the unofficial thread:

"Magisk Manager: The snapshot APK is signed with a different key than the release APK so you can't install snapshot magisk manager over magisk manager from Play Store. You will need to uninstall existing Magisk Manager and install the snapshot APK afterwards."

khanjui

Dec 1, 2012
Eskisehir
500px.com
Did you read this in the op of the unofficial thread:

"Magisk Manager: The snapshot APK is signed with a different key than the release APK so you can't install snapshot magisk manager over magisk manager from Play Store. You will need to uninstall existing Magisk Manager and install the snapshot APK afterwards."

That's what I did exactly. It was force closing.

Update: Tried again with today's build, app is working fine till I install the zip from TWRP.

Last edited:
I'm using magisk on a new rom, its a fork of LineageOS 15.1 for OnePlus3t Android 8.1 and while everything works, it doesn't show apps with root Access in the superuser menu, and doesn't make any log after granting superuser access to any apps. Any help?
See three posts above yours - https://xdaforums.com/apps/magisk/beta-magisk-v13-0-0980cb6-t3618589/post75523385

Edit: Just noticed you tried without luck. So you should wait for the next updates and retry... Good luck!

Last edited:

miguemely101

Feb 6, 2018
Yea you can. Just be a little innovative with the url so XDA doesn't recognize it as such. Imbedding a huge dump is the best way to have your post ignored.

I'm not a fan of doing evasion of filters, to be honest. I see your point--

And again cleaned and added Tags.

Kindly use hide tags while posting log if you cannot share a link/url for log.
~snip~

Ok, it seems a mod is fine with that. Noted. I'll do that next time.

---------- Post added at 01:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

@BertlBrown
Great finding !
I can confirm that mounting/writing to magisk.img works manually if the the file is on /sdcard

About the SELinux thoughts: When i started observing this problem i switched to Permissive mode to exclude SELinux as a problem.
I just rerun my tests: Same Results with Permissive/Enforcing

Out of curiosity, could that also reflect on the same issue I'm having with the bootloop, as it stops here and reboots:
Code:
02-05 18:21:49.151   348   535 I Magisk  : * Setting up internal busybox
02-05 18:21:49.161   348   535 I Magisk  : * Mounting /data/adb/magisk.img

SnakeByte

Feb 8, 2015
Alberta
Just flashed Magisk v15.3.1 on Samsung SM-G530W running Lineage 15.1. Root access gained, but the system is pretty slow right now. Have to do some testing to find the reason.

Sent from my Samsung SM-G530W using XDA Labs

DodoGTA

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2015

martyfender

Mar 9, 2017
Indianapolis, IN

Mondor1979

Apr 14, 2017
Saint-Petersburg
You need to flash a stock boot.img, as you boot.img was patched by another root solution, such as SuperSU. If you did have SuperSU installed, I would flash Unsu.zip first then flash your stock boot.img followed by Magisk.zip, all before rebooting.
Like I've explained before I have clean installed non modified OREO Stock ROM. Only thing - opened bootloader and TWRP installed. Still the same. Modified boot mistake. SuperSU shows a kind of mistake also, but it installs after that and works just fine. And Magisk fails to install on non modified system. Also the problem is that there is NO BOOT. IMG on Oreo for Honor 9. I mean no partion (read "file") with such a name in stock ROM. There is kernel.img with the size close to boot.img (16 Mb), but when trying to modify it it becomes only 7mb and if I flash it to kernel or boot the system will never boot again and I have to clean install it once again.

One thing more I've tried is to make a copy of a block which magisk tried to modify but fails in fastboot mode and tried to modify it with magisk and flash it back to boot or just copy back to the block I've copied it from, but still no luck. System fails to start after that. (((

Last edited:

Kuttoosssan

Dec 6, 2016
Magisk manager fc when trying to disable/remove entries from superuser tab.

Attachments

• 2018-02-12-23-27-02.txt
    29.5 KB · Views: 22

Kuttoosssan

Dec 6, 2016
Magisk manager fc when trying to disable/remove entries from superuser tab.

Also on a clean flash all superuser user requests stick to "always" if I don't open magisk manager.

After I open manager, no further requests from new apps will stick.

As long as I don't open manager app the requests stick. So nowadays after a clean flash I always open my root requiring apps and grant them root access. Then only I open manager.

My data partition is f2fs. I read about this in the after making the first post. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, welcome to the beta Magisk thread! First check the main thread before starting.
    I expect users reporting to at least have basic debug skills, this thread is heavily moderated so refrain from spamming with "useless" reports!

Latest Magisk Beta: v16.7 (code: 1671)
    Bundled Magisk Manager: v5.8.3

Release Note | Changelogs | Download

If you need a clean start, use the uninstaller in the main thread to uninstall any verison of Magisk installation

Symptoms and Diagnose Procedure:
    • Installing Magisk fails:
      If you're flashing in TWRP: Upload the recovery logs (pull the file /tmp/recovery.log, or select "Advanced > Copy Log" and upload)
      If you're installing in MagiskManager: Choose to save logs after installation and upload
    • I want to report a Magisk bug:
      Magisk logs are placed in /cache/magisk.log
      If you face any issue, please upload /cache/magisk.log
      Starting from v16.6, /data/adb/magisk_debug.log is NOT USED anymore!
    • Magisk Manager is crashing:
      Grab LOGCAT (NOT magisk logs) when the crash occurs, upload the logs and report how to reproduce
    • SafetyNet / CTS / XXX app won't work after enabling MagiskHide:
      If it worked in previous versions, please at least upload /cache/magisk.log
      Please do NOT SPAM the forum with these kind of issues! It is NOT a priority to fix
    Donation
    I spent endless hours to create Magisk. If you like my work, feel free to donate.
    https://www.paypal.me/topjohnwu
    New Stable Release Coming In a Few Hours!
    Thanks for everyone involved in testing the brand new Magisk and provide useful information for me to fix the bugs :)

And here I give the moderators a sincere respect, please accept my highest appreciation!
    Everyone on the Internet has a real life, not only me but also the moderators. It's very heartwarming to see them willing to sacrifice their time just to give me a better time on the forums.
    I cannot be more grateful, so thanks to all of you again :good:

Thread will be temporarily closed until a next beta is available, all future releases (except quick hotfixes) should go through a beta stage before directly going to the masses.
    2017.8.13 Magisk v13.5 (1350)(beta)
    Here comes another public beta!
    As most of you should know, Magisk is a fairly young project, and only recently does it undergo a complete rewrite on v13, so I place stability and compatibility first before I kept adding more features into it. This release comes with several major under-the-hood changes, both in native Magisk and Magisk Manager sides.

Busybox Fights Back Strong
    Previously I had completely removed busybox from Magisk for causing too many troubles, and also the difficulty to build it myself. But after dealing with so many compatibility issues, and the need of reliable and feature packed command-line tools pushed me to add this gem back. I spent quite a lot of time integrating busybox sources into Magisk's building system, and believe me this isn't an easy task: busybox's config is based on Linux kernel, which itself is a complex topic. I created a tool (ndk-busybox-kitchen) to automatically handle the generation of config-based headers, and parse those files into Android.mk to support building with ndk-build command. To be honest this is super dope IMO, and I'm really proud of it lol.

The next effort is to maximize compatibility for the Magisk installation process. I decided instead of adding busybox directly into the flashable zip, I would directly embed busybox into update-binary, which is now a specially crafted shell script to dump the correct binary for the CPU architecture, and then execute the installation process completely on the busybox's shell and command-line tools. The extracted busybox will also be utilized in many other places such as boot scripts (yes, the boot scripts will now run in a complete busybox environment) and Magisk Manager. The busybox binary will be installed only for internal use, if you want to install busybox to your device, @osm0sis already uploaded a Magisk Module on the repo, please install that instead.

Finalizing Magisk Procedures
    Magisk hijacks specific points in the boot process, and will go through its own procedures to fulfill all the features. The order of these procedures are now be finalized, which means it is very less likely to change in the future. For post-fs-data mode, general scripts (scripts under post-fs-data.d) and modules scripts (post-fs-data.sh in each module) are executed before magic mount happens. This means experienced developers can now customize magic mount's behavior to a certain degree. However, I still suggest that most scripts should be run in service mode unless necessary such as time critical commands. Service mode will guarantee SELinux patches are finished, and setting props with proper init triggers will not block the device's boot or lead to a crash.

Samsung Stock Kernel Workarounds
    Well, apparently Samsung is always here to break everything. On stock kernels, it places a restriction on how binaries can behave if they are executed from /data. An additional magisk binary mirror is created to overcome this issue, and will be used extensively in Magisk Manager (it will not effect recovery). Unfortunately, even though I had offloaded most of the functionality into a shell script function collection that can be upgraded through Magisk updates, the template itself still has to be slightly updated to reflect the changes. Magisk Module Template v5 is already live on another branch. However, before you go and upgrade all your modules to v5, please think twice and consider it as a Developer Preview. It depends on the updated util_functions.sh in this beta, so if you upgrade them into the Online Repo, your module won't install on users running the latest stable Magisk version (v13.3). It will be the default template version once the next stable release is live.

A Small Mistake
    There was a small mistake in v13.3, which the SHA1 of the stock image cannot be acquired, and also the SHA1 backed up within ramdisk is also not extracted. This leads to stock boot image restoration (happens when uninstalling) fails, and will only revert your device by ramdisk backups. This mean you will be able remove Magisk, but the boot image will not be 100% reverted. If you are concern about the backups, restore your boot image back to stock, and reflash this current build to re-create the Magisk's stock boot image backup.
    Beta releases are no longer "development oriented", this thread will be closed and replaced with a more "experimental channel" thread.
    Thank you to all reported useful logs and info, and I highly appreciate all moderators involved in moderating this thread extensively.