[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Barnes & Noble Nook Color :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Barnes & Noble Nook Color, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-encore
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 0e8c6b4a7689de6c2a3c0f0ca1e1f39f​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Rebel_lord

Jan 8, 2008
2 Quick Questions

1) If I hit cancel when I was going to install Google Apps, what's the method to bring up the process again other than flashing everything again?

2) Is there any way to get rid of the signal bars for calls? I don't remember it from the previous releases (or maybe I just never noticed it on my NC.)

Reactions: yan2000kee

craigbru

May 6, 2011
Outstanding!

Now for a possibly stupid question. I upgraded to nightly 214 last night. Are there any significant differences between that and 7.1?

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
2 Quick Questions

1) If I hit cancel when I was going to install Google Apps, what's the method to bring up the process again other than flashing everything again?

2) Is there any way to get rid of the signal bars for calls? I don't remember it from the previous releases (or maybe I just never noticed it on my NC.)

1. Just flash gapps. Only gapps.

2. A reboot or 2 usually clears that up.

---------------------------------
Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

If this post helped you don't forget to say thanks!

mrbeardy

May 16, 2009
It still seems to have the deep sleep issue, hung on me after 2 hrs of standby with the wifi on. Battery drained to zero too.

I should add that I didnt delete the data partition on upgrading, and had the issue beforehand.

Last edited:

waylo

May 9, 2010
Sleep of death is definitely still an active issue.

I'm using the program wakelock to see if it helps.

SCWells72

Feb 12, 2011
I posted on the standard CM7 thread as well, but yes, I also had an SOD this morning on 7.1.0. I've installed Wi-Fi Keep Alive for now from the market to see if that helps.

Goonish

May 23, 2009
Battery life seems pretty epic.watched over 2 hours of video and still on 80%.. I wish err could lower the screen brightness add low as miui allows seems to reduce battery strain further when watching video.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
Battery life seems pretty epic.watched over 2 hours of video and still on 80%.. I wish err could lower the screen brightness add low as miui allows seems to reduce battery strain further when watching video.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

I use quick settings to adjust many things including brightness. Most movie players (such as Mobo) also have gesture support to change brightness as the movie is playing.

Xhorder

Dec 1, 2010
Bummer... it seems it still crashes if you have too many apps installed to the SD card.
I wish more people experienced this, so maybe it might actually get fixed...

Oh well, looks like it's back to N136 for me...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the Barnes & Noble Nook Color, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-encore
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 0e8c6b4a7689de6c2a3c0f0ca1e1f39f​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Did you try deleting all your connections and rebooting?
    2 Quick Questions

1. Just flash gapps. Only gapps.

2. A reboot or 2 usually clears that up.

jameshmiller.
    Are you using the free or paid version of green power? Can you share you settings?

Thanks,
    jmak10

Free.

Attached are screen shots of the settings I use. Hope this helps you and others.