[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 9][TeamChopsticks][RC2 - 7/19]

Search This thread

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
soooooo no boot no matter what :(

i thought id be a brave soul and do it with non touch cwm because I saw that it has been done... it booted after a normal wait with no loops and loaded the start screen then when I got half way into the initial setup it rebooted. then crashed everytime. Then i flashed touch recovery with odin and tried it all again and to no avail :( why meeee why no cm9 love, i tried wiping everywhich way I could and still no luck I just flashed cm7 no issues so I suppose ill let my battery charge a lil before i odin ics leak and then root and try again

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
soooooo no boot no matter what :(

i thought id be a brave soul and do it with non touch cwm because I saw that it has been done... it booted after a normal wait with no loops and loaded the start screen then when I got half way into the initial setup it rebooted. then crashed everytime. Then i flashed touch recovery with odin and tried it all again and to no avail :( why meeee why no cm9 love, i tried wiping everywhich way I could and still no luck I just flashed cm7 no issues so I suppose ill let my battery charge a lil before i odin ics leak and then root and try again

what rom were you coming from when you first starting trying to flash cm9?

droid512

Jan 20, 2011
Austin
what rom were you coming from when you first starting trying to flash cm9?

Remf4i's smooth ice and before that it was MHX super lite ics ...also since I got you here I initially tried using your recovery and making a backup but it hung up I made sure that I had the .hide file was were its supposed to be and that mount SD was done before making back up

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA

//edit works second time attempting ran through same steps only thing different was coming from cm7?!

Last edited:

SaviorXD

Feb 22, 2012
Modesto, CA
www.savior.ws
Camera

In my personal opinion this is not a daily ROM due to the lack of the camera, which is huge for me. i think that you should work on this next as it is the biggest issue. just a suggestion, if you got that working it would be on my phone in a heartbeat!

Jessical

Jan 15, 2007
Froze on me a couple of times, isn't deep sleeping, but that's pretty much all I've ran into so far.

MaxCarnage

Feb 4, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Any progress on the bug list? Not asking for eta just wondering if you have solved some of the bugs.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

See for yourself...

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Until we get att visual voicemail working you could use youmail from the market

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Don't hesitate to give Google Voice a try; my favorite voicemail app. I wish AT&T has Gvoice integration like Sprint did; that was the ****.

Darkecrowe

Dec 1, 2011
So I'm using sean's sky ICS romantic based off the d2 leak but want to use the contacts etc from this rom from earlier in the thread. If I freeze the system apps I get a bad signature error, and if I don't they just fail install flat out. Any help on getting around that or is it because ones leak base and ones cm9?

thatlonedude

Dec 24, 2010
So I'm using sean's sky ICS romantic based off the d2 leak but want to use the contacts etc from this rom from earlier in the thread. If I freeze the system apps I get a bad signature error, and if I don't they just fail install flat out. Any help on getting around that or is it because ones leak base and ones cm9?

Some one probably has to edit the apk files to work with the touchwiz framework

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA

Reactions: Darkecrowe

bluerap04

Dec 30, 2010
Another bug - I've tried about 4 different flashlight apps, and none of them get the LED light to come on. Maybe it's camera related?

Also, when the screen is close to timing out, it goes dimmer, brightens up again, then shuts off.

Reactions: wali01x

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
yes camera lights and all of that is related to flashlight so yeah no flashlight and for the person if u want contacts.apk from here then enjoy re-writing the whole thing from a-z because its like flashing an htc app onto samsung go figure.

Reactions: bluerap04

topprospect

Nov 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Another bug - I've tried about 4 different flashlight apps, and none of them get the LED light to come on. Maybe it's camera related?

Also, when the screen is close to timing out, it goes dimmer, brightens up again, then shuts off.

Yes, it is camera related. We have the camera semi working now (still not usable) and flash apps work.

Thanks for the dimmer/brighten/shuts off bug report. I've seen that before but it doesn't do it all the time for me. Have you noticed a pattern?

wali01x

Nov 13, 2010
Brampton, Ontario
Yes, it is camera related. We have the camera semi working now (still not usable) and flash apps work.

Thanks for the dimmer/brighten/shuts off bug report. I've seen that before but it doesn't do it all the time for me. Have you noticed a pattern?

top did you get my pm boss.. if everythin' is ok let me know if you're cool about it? and 2nd one im figuring out and trying everything possible.

Uncle Irish

Nov 23, 2009
See for yourself...

---------- Post added at 07:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 AM ----------

Don't hesitate to give Google Voice a try; my favorite voicemail app. I wish AT&T has Gvoice integration like Sprint did; that was the ****.

If u set GV as default voicemail all calls will go to that VM. Its in the initial setup. Just make sure you disable GV via web and reactivate or it wont work properly.

I wish there was a way to get multiple GV because i have a few. Only let's you set up one :-\

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
Ill hop back in on testing for the next release. I'm all flashed out at the moment.

Darkecrowe

Dec 1, 2011
yes camera lights and all of that is related to flashlight so yeah no flashlight and for the person if u want contacts.apk from here then enjoy re-writing the whole thing from a-z because its like flashing an htc app onto samsung go figure.

::sadpanda:: too much to ask Samsung to view my contacts from my dialer in ICS. Thanks for the response.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, so some issues still exist. Please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Good news:

The CyanogenMod team committed the lockscreen shortcuts and themes chooser features to the mainline. They are pretty cool, although a little rough around the edges. Our next release will include these.

When is the next release? Not sure yet. Still working on the major bugs.
    This is my build, i do not take responsibility for any bricks or issues. It flashed fine for me.
    Top if you want this file removed tell me and i will take it down.

Yes im part of team wafflehouse if you see it in the download link, but this is all teamchopsticks work.

This is PRE alpha3. NOT an official release, expect it to not have ALL the alpha3 fixes.

http://d-h.st/h0w