4.3 ota sucks on sprint s3

Search This thread

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
So the stock ota 4.3 is awesome for performance and smoothness , but for battery it is absolutely horrible, even with a rooted phone and a 7000 extended battery im only getting about a day and 12 hours with about 8ish hours of screen time, then when i was on 4.1.2 i was getting 2 days 12 hours with 15+ish hours of screen time

Im using the same apps as before , greenify , deep sleep battery , mediaserver killer, and wake lock and everything looks normal like 4.1.2 but draining way way faster

Side note i also turned off all my notifications , turned off vibration, turned all gps, locations, off, brightness all the way down, sync is off that dont seem to help

Anyone else notice this or is just me? Anything i could be missing that i should check

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jbadboy2007

Sep 22, 2010
Lansing MI
I'm getting the same battery life as I was on 4.1.2 I do not use greenify or any other monitoring apps of any kind as they are monitoring all the time which does take resources aka BATTERY to monitor I'm also on stock kernel and I tried the decimalman kernel and for me that provided a faster performance with conservative governor bit way worse battery life. Maybe your battery is going bad...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: i.love.my.galaxy

goku2778

Aug 17, 2013
I'm getting the same battery life as I was on 4.1.2 I do not use greenify or any other monitoring apps of any kind as they are monitoring all the time which does take resources aka BATTERY to monitor I'm also on stock kernel and I tried the decimalman kernel and for me that provided a faster performance with conservative governor bit way worse battery life. Maybe your battery is going bad...

exactly, I charge mine like once every 24-30 hours and it's rooted on the stock 4.3 ota...remove all those monitoring apps, they're quite pointless.

I use the following rooted apps: adaway 2.8, titanium pro/donate version, clean master, system cleaner, root browser, cache cleaner ng

I ripped out all the Google stock apps like books, games, news, etc. I freeze Facebook cause that eats a lot of battery and only defrost for certain times...I use the browser for my email, Facebook, Amazon, even here like now lol

maybe you'll wanna try the kitkat 4.4.2 nightly rom? more battery friendly too, I have all files up to date and instructions to install it in my rooting 4.3 stock guide if you wanna check it out...totally safe to use

Reactions: i.love.my.galaxy

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013
exactly, I charge mine like once every 24-30 hours and it's rooted on the stock 4.3 ota...remove all those monitoring apps, they're quite pointless.

I use the following rooted apps: adaway 2.8, titanium pro/donate version, clean master, system cleaner, root browser, cache cleaner ng

I ripped out all the Google stock apps like books, games, news, etc. I freeze Facebook cause that eats a lot of battery and only defrost for certain times...I use the browser for my email, Facebook, Amazon, even here like now lol

maybe you'll wanna try the kitkat 4.4.2 nightly rom? more battery friendly too, I have all files up to date and instructions to install it in my rooting 4.3 stock guide if you wanna check it out...totally safe to use

Have a link?

i.love.my.galaxy

Dec 29, 2013

Im gonna have my gf try my battery, i had her not do the 4.3 update .... Find out soon if its my battery lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.