Task managers,mobile cleaners and the like....?

Search This thread

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
I would like to know what your thoughts are on usage of these apps, do they work?

I have personally used,

Greenify
Es task manager
Du battery saver and there cleaner app

But I have read they use more ram then they free up etc..

Also xcore, and core2 management. (these shut down one core on dual core devices) Do these save battery or not? Surely since these phones are generally optimized for dual core processors, closing one causes the remaining core to work twice as hard and wont save any?

Are any if these applications worth having?

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
Since few weeks I'm using greenify, but can't see any difference.
However since the beginning of my android adventure I'm using advanced task killer, set it to aggressive mode. This does the job pretty good (specially the older versions).
I'll have to try those core disabling apps.

Sent from galaxy s4 zoom

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Core 2 doesn't even work.

Sent from galaxy s4 zoom

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
Ok strange, I thought it was because the s4 was quad core but just checked and the zoomis dual core.

How do you know it doesn't work? I checked via cpustats app (free in the app store) it shows when I use xcore or core2 manager that one of the cores are off line.

You could try xcore?

jakuburban

Jan 22, 2011
I've checked it using app called "monitor". It shows me the use of both cores, and after using this app both cores were still working.

Sent from galaxy n7105

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
I've checked it using app called "monitor". It shows me the use of both cores, and after using this app both cores were still working.

Sent from galaxy n7105

OK. Also I wondered since your zoom has a xenon flash, can you still get torch apps etc? I bet its bright if you can.

Sent from my Xperia U using xda app-developers app

lesliescott06

Aug 6, 2013
Basically we prefer to use the cloud based solutions in our office so that the all the data base is being stored in the remote location server in the cloud based platform with extremely high level of security which manage the sorting of tasks and managing the same as well. Check out the signature link below for more details.

I would like to know what your thoughts are on usage of these apps, do they work?

I have personally used,

Greenify
Es task manager
Du battery saver and there cleaner app

But I have read they use more ram then they free up etc..

Also xcore, and core2 management. (these shut down one core on dual core devices) Do these save battery or not? Surely since these phones are generally optimized for dual core processors, closing one causes the remaining core to work twice as hard and wont save any?

Are any if these applications worth having?

Du battery saver is useless app. Basically all these battery saving apps do things which you can do from Status Bar. (Like switch off Wi-Fi, Data, B/T etc).

Greenify is good app to freeze apps, but shows effect only if you freeze large number of apps.

But xcore, core2 and CPU Controlling apps are best. They give major battery boost.
I don't have dual core, but if I underclock my phone's CPU I get battery boost of 2-3 days.

DANfour20

Jul 25, 2013
Du battery saver is useless app. Basically all these battery saving apps do things which you can do from Status Bar. (Like switch off Wi-Fi, Data, B/T etc).

Greenify is good app to freeze apps, but shows effect only if you freeze large number of apps.

But xcore, core2 and CPU Controlling apps are best. They give major battery boost.
I don't have dual core, but if I underclock my phone's CPU I get battery boost of 2-3 days.

See when I use xcore etc my phone slows but battery seems to drain just as quick. Then there are goveners and io schedulers, if I use interactivex does that only use one core until the second core is needed?

See when I use xcore etc my phone slows but battery seems to drain just as quick. Then there are goveners and io schedulers, if I use interactivex does that only use one core until the second core is needed?

I don't know about interactivex. I own a single core phone.
But disabling 2nd core definately gives battery boost.

I have tested it on my Laptop. Disabling 2nd core gives lot of battery boost (and a bit of lag).