Tips to speed up my phone?

Search This thread

foolforfood

Dec 30, 2009
Greenville SC
So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

-------------------------------------
Sent via the XDA Tapatalk App

unCoRrUpTeD

Mar 22, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
Some people will say use swype, some will say they don't have lag, some will say no matter what you do there will be lag, some will say "Why didn't you do a search for this"

Do a search in the forum and you will find plenty of threads with possible solutions.

Aridon

May 14, 2007
I get very little lag.

Download auto killer, set it to the most aggressive setting and try it out. You can always adjust it from there.

Keeping free memory up helps a ton.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
^^these suggestions are good ones, but ive noticed that unless im using JIT, the keyboard lag never truely goes away.

i know this is just a suggestion and ull get a ton of these but im using the original aosp keyboard with no voice to text or anything and get next to no lag. i think its the voice to text that is messing everything up. do a searcvh and find it and try it

foolforfood

Dec 30, 2009
Greenville SC
Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?

abcdfv

Dec 13, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Yeah I've done the searches and tried all the fixes/ suggestions. I will try the thinkbuttons thing, but I don't like swype. Anyways, I'll look into enabling JIT on fresh, I haven't done that since I was on Darchdroid. Thanks alot! Any other tips for speeding things up? Does a2sd speed the phone up?

Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.

thatdudepoops

Dec 6, 2009
Only if you're SDcard is faster then the phones ROM, in which case it will make loading them faster.

on that note i have a question...How can i remove my app2sd, till i get a better chip? my hero was flying till i installed it on my stock chip. Now i need to undo, so what reformat? got to b an easier way??

abcdfv

Dec 13, 2009
Wilmington, NC
I think you can make an EXT backup, but I'm not sure how to do it short of manually taking everything from /system/sd/app and moving it to /data/app

colemorris

May 16, 2010
Cleveland
www.facebook.com
So I am running fresh, and I love it, 2.1 is awesome, but I can't stand the keyboard lag. Turning off optic doesn't help me that much and everything else is off. So my question is, dies anybody have tips for me to speed my phone up? Short of course of overclocking my phone? Also I love and use sense. Thanks in advance!

Hit up Damagecontrol 2.08.1, he included a new lighter keyboard that doesn't lag anywhere near as bad, the only real problem is the fact that the vibration feedback is sometimes messy, but I just turned it off. Otherwise it types like a dream.

Also, Damageless is customizing that latest 2.1 leak that came from Sprint, and in 2.08.1 there's DCUpdater, which allows you to update directly from the phone itself without a complete wipe. I strongly recommend it, it's got what you're looking for and more.

jUgGsY

Apr 4, 2010
Minneapolis
Do you have lag anytime you use the keyboard, or just when sending texts?

I know I had bad lag with the stock KB and the HTC MMS app.. but I have since switched over to the AOSP Mms.apk, and I have no lag in it at all.

dalto12593

Nov 3, 2009
Sorry to budge in, but I have had the same problem for a while now, I love the layout and prediction of the HTC keyboard (XDA) but the lag is annoying. For a while I used the AOSP mms.apk and all was well, but I couldn't send pic messages, let alone view them.

Is there a way to get around that and still have AOSP?

abcdfv

Dec 13, 2009
Wilmington, NC
Sorry to budge in, but I have had the same problem for a while now, I love the layout and prediction of the HTC keyboard (XDA) but the lag is annoying. For a while I used the AOSP mms.apk and all was well, but I couldn't send pic messages, let alone view them.

Is there a way to get around that and still have AOSP?

I use the AOSP Mms.apk on RegawMOD. Works just fine. Try repushing?

lineman78

Apr 26, 2010
Denver, CO
It hasnt been re-released yet, but I love TouchPal. You can still find the apk on rapidshare or hit me up and I can send it to you. You can turn off haptic feedback and make it scream and it has all the functionality of the HTC keyboard and then some.

dhero1

Mar 11, 2010

Load up Zen's latest ROM - I kid you not - any questions? :D

thatdudepoops

Dec 6, 2009
I finally have no lag. I have no lag period even when I run pandora. I run purehero with the regular htc.ime. that was one of my main goals in finding a faster rom.

lineman78

Apr 26, 2010
Denver, CO
As long as you are using it on a low res screen like the hero, the attached apk should work. If you need it for something higher res like the droid, I think I have the APK at home. There are a lot of settings for this, so play around until you find a set that works. I suggest turning of the haptic feedback because that seems to slow down all keyboards on the hero.

Attachments

• com.coootek.touchpal.apk
    1.6 MB · Views: 11