Search This thread

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
Join the CarbonROM Discord server
Meet us on Telegram
Homepage
GitHub
Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
Myself5, CarbonROM
Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-28
Last Updated 2019-08-28

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
@Myself5, alert slider is configurable?, and we can change the screen refresh rate?

Alert slider is configurable (see attached picture). The display is running in QHD at 90Hz all the time, however I havn't experienced that to be much impact on the battery life (also check the attached pictures here on my typical battery life).

is the fingerprint flashes display issue present on this rom like all other

there is a very short flash upon touching the sensor which however doesnt last as long as the unlocking process as dimming is kicking in there. Given everyone is using the same implementation for the fingerprint sensor the TLDR answer would probably be "yes, it is".

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190828-155242_Advanced_settings.png
    Screenshot_20190828-155242_Advanced_settings.png
    101.6 KB · Views: 1,839
  • Screenshot_20190820-175747_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190820-175747_Settings.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 1,825
  • Screenshot_20190820-175750_Settings.png
    Screenshot_20190820-175750_Settings.png
    250.5 KB · Views: 1,817

paatha13

Jul 27, 2016
Athens
Tested for an hour
Here's some pics..

Screenshot_20190828-180843_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-181041_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180941_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180900_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180910_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-181759_CarbonDelta.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-182048_Settings.jpg

Some quick observation

1. No Oxygen gesture navigation option like most other roms offer.
2. No any kind Oxygen features like Dolby atmos or off screen gesture,panel modes,display modes,dc-dimming etc.
3.fingerprint reader is quick and reliable,but flashes issue appear just like most others roms.
4.Ambient display or AOD working fine.
5.Found some minor issues with some substratum theme that refused to be applied and didn't corporate well with rom.
6. If you are looking for tone of customization option this rom is not for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

storytellerz

May 16, 2012
Kuching
Google Pixel 4 XL
Alert slider is configurable (see attached picture). The display is running in QHD at 90Hz all the time, however I havn't experienced that to be much impact on the battery life (also check the attached pictures here on my typical battery life).

there is a very short flash upon touching the sensor which however doesnt last as long as the unlocking process as dimming is kicking in there. Given everyone is using the same implementation for the fingerprint sensor the TLDR answer would probably be "yes, it is".
May I know what's the font that you're using in the screenshot?

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
5.Found some minor issues with some substratum theme that refused to be applied and didn't corporate well with rom.

As for gestures, see below
5. That's weird. Mind naming the theme so I can look into it?
P.S. You can use the builtin theme Chooser in Settings -> Display too.

6. "ton of customizations is not our aim. Theres plenty of "lets add every feature we can find" kind of ROMs, Carbon is not one of them. We focus on being a performance oriented ROM with just the features you need and would expect in a stock ROM.

I am really sad about that. I hope that dev can add aosp navigation gestures

AOSP Navigation Gestures are working just fine. I think you mean the OP gestures.

We've been working on OP Gestures for a while (and TBH I kinda forgot about them at some point). The reason they are not included is that the implementations that are being used by ROMs out there all feel a little unpolished and/or have some kind of bugs. We wanted to fix that before merging but just never got around to do that just yet. Maybe in the future. Maybe not. I'm aware its one of the most demanded features right now though.

Google Product Sans Light. The ftf can be found with a Google search and you can use it in the ROM by creating a custom font package on https://fonts.carbonrom.org followed by choosing the font in the builtin font chooser.

Nov 2, 2016

but there is no such flash while using fingerprint sensor on havoc rom

Myself5

Recognized Developer
Mar 17, 2011
myself5.de
Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
Sony Xperia Z3v
but there is no such flash while using fingerprint sensor on havoc rom

Good to know. I went ahead and checked the Havoc sources and discovered that they were using the older OmniROM FOD implementation. Up until 3 days ago. So the question we're left with is: Is your statement still valid on builds younger than the 25th of August. If thats the case please let me know and I'll gladly look further into it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uK2Q5sA.png

CarbonROM is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look, build, and use our code at CarbonROM's GitHub...

Disclaimer:
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! These builds are experimental and can contain Bugs (as listed above). Make sure to do backups.

Support:
    We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.
    2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our website. Carbon FAQ
    3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.
    4) Join our Discord server or Telegram group! There, you can connect with other Carbon users and our developers, and you can get quicker responses to your bug reports. The invite link is right below.

Download
    Join the CarbonROM Discord server
    Meet us on Telegram
    Homepage
    GitHub
    Kernel source

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CarbonROM, ROM for the OnePlus 7 Pro

Contributors
    Myself5, CarbonROM
    Source Code: https://github.com/CarbonROM

ROM OS Version: 9.x Pie
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information

Created 2019-08-28
    Last Updated 2019-08-28
    Does this have the Android q statusbar icons?
    The Q builds will :p
    @Myself5, alert slider is configurable?, and we can change the screen refresh rate?

is the fingerprint flashes display issue present on this rom like all other

Tested for an hour
    Here's some pics..

Screenshot_20190828-180843_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-181041_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180941_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180900_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-180910_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-181759_CarbonDelta.jpg

Screenshot_20190828-182048_Settings.jpg

Some quick observation

1. No Oxygen gesture navigation option like most other roms offer.
    2. No any kind Oxygen features like Dolby atmos or off screen gesture,panel modes,display modes,dc-dimming etc.
    3.fingerprint reader is quick and reliable,but flashes issue appear just like most others roms.
    4.Ambient display or AOD working fine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

As for gestures, see below
    5. That's weird. Mind naming the theme so I can look into it?
    P.S. You can use the builtin theme Chooser in Settings -> Display too.

6. "ton of customizations is not our aim. Theres plenty of "lets add every feature we can find" kind of ROMs, Carbon is not one of them. We focus on being a performance oriented ROM with just the features you need and would expect in a stock ROM.

I am really sad about that. I hope that dev can add aosp navigation gestures

AOSP Navigation Gestures are working just fine. I think you mean the OP gestures.

We've been working on OP Gestures for a while (and TBH I kinda forgot about them at some point). The reason they are not included is that the implementations that are being used by ROMs out there all feel a little unpolished and/or have some kind of bugs. We wanted to fix that before merging but just never got around to do that just yet. Maybe in the future. Maybe not. I'm aware its one of the most demanded features right now though.

Google Product Sans Light. The ftf can be found with a Google search and you can use it in the ROM by creating a custom font package on https://fonts.carbonrom.org followed by choosing the font in the builtin font chooser.