[STICKY] ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!! - Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Search This thread
Feb 3, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
I don't explicitly "know" if this question has already been asked, as I've searched a while already, and haven"t found mention of it yet; but what are the differences between the free, and pro versions, of the app?

Thirumalai.K

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 14, 2011
I don't explicitly "know" if this question has already been asked, as I've searched a while already, and haven"t found mention of it yet; but what are the differences between the free, and pro versions, of the app?

Functionally both are same. But, Free version has ads. whereas Pro version is completely ad free.

mascian

Nov 9, 2004
Italy
https://ibb.co/cwREsk

Hi all, in the last few days I have this problem with MxPlayer Pro. I claim that I deleted both the cache and Davilk (also in the Playstore). I tried updating the Google Play Service app ... but I could not fix it.
Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Thank you, very much.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
https://ibb.co/cwREsk

Hi all, in the last few days I have this problem with MxPlayer Pro. I claim that I deleted both the cache and Davilk (also in the Playstore). I tried updating the Google Play Service app ... but I could not fix it.
Does anyone have any suggestions about this?

Thank you, very much.

HI,
  • Kindly make sure that you are using the same account used to purchase the pro version (Check Google Play Order History if you are unsure).
  • Kindly make sure you have working internet connection & Connection to Google Play servers are not blocked.
  • If the problem persists, It might be an issue from Google Play. Just remove the account from the device & reboot it. Then add the account again & check whether the issue is still there or not.

Reactions: mascian

gichuks

Jun 22, 2017
I bought this app(pro) but saved under audio and not audio streaming. How do I move it to become my default browser?

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Are you absolutely certain, that's the "only" difference? Can the pro version handle more, different file types/codecs, or anything?

No, it doesn't.
As of now, Only difference is that Pro version is ad free.
In fact, We have clearly mentioned in Play Store description that there is no functional limitation in the free version.

ettore88

Dec 14, 2010
Hi guys.Just a question.I was a beta tester through the Playstore.(Mx Player PRO)Now i cant find the beta vs!What has changed?I purchased Mx player Pro.How To Become A Beta Tester?(Pro vs).THX in advance.

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
Hi guys.Just a question.I was a beta tester through the Playstore.(Mx Player PRO)Now i cant find the beta vs!What has changed?I purchased Mx player Pro.How To Become A Beta Tester?(Pro vs).THX in advance.

No beta testing for the Pro version at the moment. If you signed up earlier, you will automatically get the beta version when we release a new version.

Reactions: ettore88

aebbibo

Jun 28, 2017
where can i download the official latest version of MX player ? google search is providing very confusing answers ( i dont want to land on suspicious ones)

j1gga84

Jun 21, 2012
Bremen
www.android-hilfe.de
What about MX Player Pro 1.9.1 ? Was it stopped?
I bought MX Player Pro but I only see 1.8.20 in Play Store but you find MX Player 1.9.1 and the 1.9.1 Codec on Apkmirror :confused:

regards

peterlee928

Oct 16, 2014
What about MX Player Pro 1.9.1 ? Was it stopped?
I bought MX Player Pro but I only see 1.8.20 in Play Store but you find MX Player 1.9.1 and the 1.9.1 Codec on Apkmirror :confused:

regards
1.9.1 is the mx player (regular, not pro) beta version. you can get this by first signing up to the beta program on the developer website. then it will guide you to the google play store.

good rule of thumb to always stick to the developer website for app downloads. ?

peterlee928

Oct 16, 2014
issues in the beta version:
1) floating button doesnt show up in the list screen
2) volume of music does not decrease when google maps makes an announcement over bluetooth
3) music information (artist, title, etc) does not appear on car screen when a video is playing... this function works for other players (eg vlc)

Last edited:

Thirumalai.K

Sep 14, 2011
issues in the beta version:
1) floating button doesnt show up in the list screen
2) volume of music does not decrease when google maps makes an announcement over bluetooth
3) music information (artist, title, etc) does not appear on car screen when a video is playing... this function works for other players (eg vlc)

1. ProbablyYou might have disabled floating button on Settings » List
2. From next version, MX Player will reduce volume when Map announces something.
3. It's there in out future plans. But, we can't provide exact time frame at the moment.

peterlee928

Oct 16, 2014
1. ProbablyYou might have disabled floating button on Settings » List
2. From next version, MX Player will reduce volume when Map announces something.
3. It's there in out future plans. But, we can't provide exact time frame at the moment.
1) it is not disabled... the"floating button" box is checked, yet the button is not there
2) ok
3) ok

keep up the great work ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Simple question, simple answer - FAQ thread

Exactly as it sounds. Ask a simple question, and get a simple answer. This thread is intended for questions probably not long enough to warrant their own thread, and/or you are not sure if a thread/answer already exists.

Please be sure to read the Welcome Thread, the FAQ page, and search the existing forums first, prior to asking your question.
    I have just installed latest free version from Play Market.
    So many ads! In file list between file names, over video on pause. And at the bottom of screen, as before. Whats going on?
    @volpo222 @CDB-Man @USBhost

It's already reported in another thread.

This issue is a consequence of android bug that exists on 6.0. This is reproducible only when using native activity chooser for any streaming video (or a remote file). Once you set any app as default, other apps (including Stock one, Google Photos, MX, VLC, BSPlayer) will vanish from activity chooser (except some activities like ES media Player) after clearing the defaults. It was fixed on many nexus devices by Google in 6.0.1. I am not sure whether Nexus 9 is also patched or not.

Temporary solutions:
    1. Just install any new video player (or intent intercept) that you have never installed. Then open a remote video like smb or it may be any other streaming locations. Now you can see all misssing items.

2. Alternatively you must find the application which was set as default earlier. It's one of the application currently listed. If are unsure, uninstall one by one & check.

You can use any one solution from above. Once you got the list back, you can uninstall any new app you have installed or install the application which was set as default earlier.

Anyway Good News is that, I have already found the workaround & conveyed to the developer as well. It's internally fixed. Next version will bring the workaround for this Android Bug & some more tweakings also done to improve file association.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using XDA Labs
    Hi Guys,
    In Note 4's stock video player when playing a movie and then screen mirrored to a smart tv the player/screen would turn black to save on battery. Is there a way to do that on MX Player?
    Thanks!
    The stock player probably casts video. MX has no casting feature at the moment, see the pinned topic: http://xdaforums.com/apps/mx-player/sticky-mx-player-chromecast-t2725253
    Hello,

Been using a Mediatek MT6592 device but switched to the Galaxy Note5. I missed the ClearMotion feature of the Mediatek processor, I used it with the HW decoder in MX Player. I have the following questions:

•For best picture quality, what should I choose? RGB 16-bit, RGB 32-bit, or YUV?
    •Is there an option to enable motion interpolation with MX Player? Or are there plans to include this feature? The MT6592 struggles with motion interpolation, but the Exynos 7420 can probably handle it
    •For best battery life, should I choose HW+ over HW?

Thanks.
    YUV if your device can handle it. I don't think the ffmpeg package includes motion interpolation (MX uses ffmpeg as a base). HW+ and HW should both use approximately the same amount of power.

What's the difference between sw, hw, hw+ decoder. I'm on a nexus 4 usually playing 720p videos. Is there one that would be better? Also when I play 1080p, sw has better quality that hw. Is there a reason for that?
    HW+ > HW > SW in that order, use HW+ where available. HW and HW+ use less power.
    joedonmurpy50 said:
    Hello my friends I have used mx player on all my phones why doesn't it play all formats of videos

Sent from my SM-G900T1 using Tapatalk

You're going to have to provide more details than that.