Numpty Physics for WinMobile

Search This thread

cthulu

Feb 19, 2008
Hi all,
I've managed to port Numpty Physics to WindowsMobile devices. It works fine with Asus MyPal A696 and the emulator. Only QVGA version.
"return" button should undo the last stroke, some of the application buttons should pause the game, rest of them should exit the game. You can move to the next level with left/right. Some additional levels can be found on the internet.

Cheers!
:)

The Numpty Physics2 file should is working on HTC Touch Diamond which has Qualcomm chipset, maybe it'll work for you guys with "Not a valid pocket PC application"

Last edited:

telegraph0000

Jun 16, 2008
NoVa
How the heck do I uninstall this? FOr the joy of it, I tried, it installed, then said it wasn't a valid pocket pc app. I go to remove programs, and it's not in the list of programs...

cPT.cAPSLOCK

Feb 27, 2009
Groningen
Can just install the .cab as usual and it's supposed to work?

Just checking as you mention 'and the emulator' in your post.
And if i need an emulator, which one and where can i get it? :D

cthulu

Feb 19, 2008
Uninstallation works for me on the emulator... I've just packaged the binaries to .cab. You can just delete the folder Program Files\numptyphysics.
The whole game should work "out of the box".

cthulu

Feb 19, 2008
Can just install the .cab as usual and it's supposed to work?

Just checking as you mention 'and the emulator' in your post.
And if i need an emulator, which one and where can i get it? :D

You don't need it, it's compiled for Windows Mobile. The emulator is a PC application which simulates Pocket PC device, it comes with Visual Studio.

ITNV

Jun 26, 2008
hmm, i don't know... i've compiled it for ARM9 and QVGA. i've only tried it on windows mobile 6 installed to main memory.

Doesn't work on the AT&T Fuze. Says "Game.exe is not a valid Pocket PC Application."

Too bad... I love Crayon Physics and would play this all the time if I could get it on my Fuze!

wovens

Oct 20, 2006
Orpington
It works on my Uni without overclocking but it eventually gets too slow as we draw and after a while I cannot get circles any more. Very nice but is it really based in real physics? Who cares? It is fun! Cheers.

Last edited:

cthulu

Feb 19, 2008
Doesn't work on the AT&T Fuze. Says "Game.exe is not a valid Pocket PC Application."

Too bad... I love Crayon Physics and would play this all the time if I could get it on my Fuze!

I think the problem is that Fuze does have Qualcomm processor and the game is compiled for ARM. I am not sure if I can compile it for that CPU, I will check on Monday.

Jadel

Oct 11, 2007
Sydney
I have installed and tested on a HTC Himalaya running WM6.1 and it works perfectly, and also appears in the "Remove Programs" directory.
Good work! I see there is also a port on the actual Numpty Physics website as well.