[ROM][3 April][Sense 3.5][2.3.5] · ۰ • Clutch™ - The new transmission ★ ✰

Search This thread

Funkybooyea

Aug 2, 2010
This had actually happened to me also... I noticed when it got a message saying my emails were not syncing so I checked and I had no data network and no signal when I usually do in my house... a simple reboot solved that.

miketwoms

Aug 9, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
yeah, I had a couple experiences with my phone being out of contact for a period until I rebooted. Calls would ring, but be unanswereable, or I'd just never get notification of the call or text. It wouldn't be a major issue - a reboot solved it - but since you don't realize you're having the problem until it's too late, it was a problem.
Strange quirks like that knocked me off using this ROM, but I will definitely give it a spin when the update arrives. The rest of it was A+.

lazycrazyboi

Jul 29, 2010
yeah, I had a couple experiences with my phone being out of contact for a period until I rebooted. Calls would ring, but be unanswereable, or I'd just never get notification of the call or text. It wouldn't be a major issue - a reboot solved it - but since you don't realize you're having the problem until it's too late, it was a problem.
Strange quirks like that knocked me off using this ROM, but I will definitely give it a spin when the update arrives. The rest of it was A+.

Does anyone know if this ROm has the same lock up and reboot when removing it from the charger, and Gallery & System UI FC as the AOKP ROM?

Tribulattifather

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2009
╠▒╣New╬York╠▒╣
I apologize for not getting an update to you guys as soon as you probably have expected. Right now, I'm busy with the One V port, but once we make a little more progress I'll release an update. Hopefully it will eliminate any remaining 3G drops, lag, and increase battery life (you know, just the stuff to make it more stable). I'll also try to get more elements of Tweaks working, but no definite promises on that one.

Would you add HTC Facebook again so we can access it from the friendstream widget/facebook widget? Also, not that its something important, but it's just something i've noticed - the EvDo at the top can be replaced with images saying 3g in the SystemUI.apk. I did most of the work and renamed what needed to be for ya. It's in the attachment. Just copy right over. And hopefully you'll add some of the theme mods I sent ya ;)

Attachments

• SystemUI.apk.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Hero

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
Would you add HTC Facebook again so we can access it from the friendstream widget/facebook widget? Also, not that its something important, but it's just something i've noticed - the EvDo at the top can be replaced with images saying 3g in the SystemUI.apk. I did most of the work and renamed what needed to be for ya. It's in the attachment. Just copy right over. And hopefully you'll add some of the theme mods I sent ya ;)

Yeah not a problem, I'll add the hTC Facebook back. Yep I noticed that too. I provided a flashable .zip in Optional Downloads those that want the 3G icon. I'll definitely look into your theming package you sent me :)

Reactions: dmbtimmyb21

yankies77

Jun 12, 2010
Lahore
how do i get this same rom with out any theme on it, plain simple 3.5 sense with all the customizations under the hood. can anyone make a flashable zip?

Hero

Oct 15, 2010
Hidden Hills
how do i get this same rom with out any theme on it, plain simple 3.5 sense with all the customizations under the hood. can anyone make a flashable zip?

You'd just have to make a stock theme. For anyone that wants to do it, edit the following .apks with the corresponding stock images.

• Framework-res.apk
  • com.htc.resources.apk (be careful with this one)
  • systemUI.apk

There are some other .apks I themed, but forgot what they are... If you make this, I'll add it as a community mod and credit you.

5thAgent

Feb 15, 2010
Lutz, FL
This is a much better description of what happened. And I didn't mean for my syntax to imply that rotation might not have been working. Rotation was working fine. This CM9 build I'm running right now is pretty kickin'. I'm a bit wary of ROMs based on GSM ROMs and stuff like that. For some reason there's always some really random quirk that makes the ROM almost unusable.

gigamchz

Jun 26, 2010
I am stuck and the white htc screen. i waited over 10 minutes and its just sitting there. I havn't had any luck installing sense 3.0 roms from some reason. I can run ICS just fine.

KrisPeezy

Feb 14, 2011
So.Cal
I am stuck and the white htc screen. i waited over 10 minutes and its just sitting there. I havn't had any luck installing sense 3.0 roms from some reason. I can run ICS just fine.

Maybe you can try this: From Nil's Business Gingersense 3.5

CLEAN AND REFRESH THE PHONE WITH THE FOLLOWING STEPS:
(Do not install with Rom Manager)
  1. Download the Stock GB ROM Here
  2. Check MD5
  3. Put it on your SD Card
  4. Reboot to recovery (Do not install with Rom Manager)
  5. Factory reset on main menu
  6. Format System on mount menu
  7. Flash the stock ROM from 1
  8. Boot ROM
  9. Skip everything in settings
  10. Do a *228 option 2
  11. Log into the market - Make sure you skip/uncheck the restore option

and then follow instructions to install this rom

Jdelta9889

Jan 30, 2011
What did you find as far as the cause? Sense 3 and 3.5 uses app storage just for the core system apps. Its due to limited space in system.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
I reinstalled and just kept the rom as is. I restored all of my Apps with TB (Just user apps w/ data) I got the full storage message at first, but I removed system apps that I didn't use and all is well. This ROM is amazing. My new Favorite!! Thanks PureMotive.

jprow507

Oct 26, 2010
im really excited to see this ROM. I'll see what i can find as far as bugs.

The only bugs I see are the lack the softkeys not lighting up and SMS/MMS messages are always time-stamped East coast time regardless of what time zone you are in.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA

EDIT: I flashed the Senseless script and am using GoSMS so my time-stamp issues are fixed.

Last edited:

jprow507

Oct 26, 2010
Does anyone else get "low memory signaled by system" messages popping up towards the lower part if the screen now and then? I have free RAM as well as almost 200mb free storage for apps.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using XDA

Jdelta9889

Jan 30, 2011
See previous posts

Does anyone else get "low memory signaled by system" messages popping up towards the lower part if the screen now and then? I have free RAM as well as almost 200mb free storage for apps.

Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using XDA

I have gotten the low memory message on this rom. Plenty of free space. I got rid of as many apps as I could, but could not get rid of message. Not sure why.. Wish there was just a way to disable the message!!

prinzmetal6

Jan 26, 2012
Charleston, SC
What is the best way to go about restoring apps with TB when installing this rom? I tried letting the market do it's thing, but after awhile every attempted install results with "package file is invalid." When I try to restore using TB, it just randomly hangs on one app forever without actually restoring it.

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Also I have the no data limit mod

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][3 April][Sense 3.5][2.3.5] · ۰ • Clutch™ - The new transmission ★ ✰

clutchbanner.png

disclaimer.png
    I am not responsible for anything that happens to you or your phone while using this ROM. You are choosing to use it and are therefore agreeing to accept its limitations.

Do not compare ROMs and/or kernels. It is often disrespectful and unnecessary. If you would like to express an opinion, do it in a way that does not downplay the efforts of another developer.

featurese.png
    System Info

• Tiny's Gingersense v2 kernel
    • WWE
    • Sense 3.5
    • Android 2.3.5
    ROM Info
    • Deodexed
    • Enabled GPU UI rendering
    • Speed optimizations
    • RAM optimizations
    • Rooted
    • Zipaligned
    • init.d support
    • Device partitions formatted as Ext4
    • Auto-enabled Ext4 enhancements
    • sysro + sysrw support
    • Bloatware removed
    • Great battery life - my tweaks from Anthem
    • Fast charge
    • Advanced power menu
    • 4-in-1 reboot menu
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Rosie Remap
    • Full 3D
    • Camera w/ working panorama
    • ICS keyboard
    • Tweaks app
    • Beats audio (needs a beats compatible kernel)
    • Unlocked hotspot
    UI Mods
    • Pure ICS + Sense 4.0
    • Sense 4.0 themed Rosie
    • Sense 4.0 themed hTC weather widget
    • Statusbar mods
    • App mods
    How-to Install
    • Download ROM and place it on your SD card
    • Boot into recovery mode
    • Wipe data/factory reset
    • Wipe cache
    • Wipe dalvik cache
    • Wipe /boot
    • Wipe /system
    • If using Amon_Ra, disable "Signature Verification"
    • Select "install zip from sdcard"
    • Find and install .zip
    • Reboot
    Bug Tracker
    • Soft keys don't light up
    • hTC wallpapers are missing
    • Tweaks is partially broken (Do not try to update Tweaks or install fonts (there may be more)! It will break the app!)

downloaddi.png

Or Here: Clutch v1.0.0
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...e/ROMs/Sense 3.5/Clutch/New/Clutch_V1.0.0.zip

changelog.png
    Code:
    [COLOR="Teal"][CENTER][SIZE="3"]Clutch v1.0.0[/SIZE][/CENTER][/COLOR][CENTER][I][SIZE="2"]» 3 April 2012 «[/SIZE][/I][/CENTER]
    [COLOR="DimGray"]
    [LIST]
    [*]Initial release
    [/LIST]
    [/COLOR]

screenshotsdp.png

20120402204346.jpg
    20120402204403.jpg
    20120402204415.jpg
    20120402204516.jpg

20120402204523.jpg
    20120402204543.jpg
    20120402204606.jpg
    20120402204646.jpg

faqsh.png

Q1: I can't install a kernel! Help?

• You must first flash the Ext4 mod and then flash the kernel you want (It has to have Ext4 support)
    Q2: Beats audio doesn't work...please help

• The ROM already contains the Beats audio drivers, you need to use it in conjuntion with a kernel that supports the drivers to experience the full effect. Read more about it here.

84366115.png

• PureMotive
    • withbloodskies
    • Tiny4579
    • Will972
    • JoelZ9614
    • Romanbb
    • RC Team
    • Juwe11
    • Virtuous Team
    optionaldl.png

Partition wipe insurance

VR Superwipe - Place on the root of your SD card and flash before flashing the ROM

Rosie Mods

Super Smooth Rosie - Tested and works
    Sense 4.0 style 3D Rosie - This is the Rosie that ships with the ROM

Statusbar Mods

3G Icon - The normal 3G icon
    20120403220843.jpg

EvDo Icon - Back to stock 3G icon
    2012opt.jpg

Applications

hTC Facebook / Widget - Pulled from Warm 2.3, which this ROM is based on
    Go Senseless

Senseless Script - Originally made by lukogriffioen. You must flash this right after flashing the ROM
    Senseless Script w/ HTC IME - Does not remove hTC keyboard
    Remove hTC Lockscreen - Untested
    hTC Facebook & hTC Facebook Widget are uploaded under Optional Downloads. They are pulled from Warm 2.3, which this ROM is based on so they should work. I won't be including them in future updates because I want to have as little bloat as possible.
    communitymods.png

Submit your mods for the community! Send them to me via PM or post them in the thread. All contributions welcome!
    little update...

Hey guys, this is SORT of a bump and an update on what I am up to. I am 17, taking physics,algebra 2, civil engineering,on my way to advanced regents with distinction :D
    I also work saturdays and sundays at a grocery store. On the side for some extra cash, I repair iPhones and iPod touches.
    I began my process of redownloading clutch (I have a slow connection, about 106 Kb/s).
    windows xp netbook and linux workhorse in my room both sorta pooped out lol.
    SO! what do i need to do? it's simple....we kill the batman.... kidding aside i have resurrected both machines and i need to:
    1. redownload clutch
    2. get my Dinc back (lent it out)
    3. Get some free time.
    I have alot of family responsibilities and you can see I'm up to my eyeballs in stuff I need to do.
    Clutch needs:
    HTC wallpapers fixed
    radio issues ( i have ATT now so i cant test any of that)
    soft keys not lighting up fix
    and then the lag that we experience. I know everyone ran off to ICS and jellybean and beyond but I will continue to work. I have alot of logcats to read. Thanks all.