[SOLVED] Nexus 4 Completely Unrecognized

Search This thread

WinterSoldier

Jun 23, 2013
Heredia
Hello, well, i'm having a little problem here, the thing is, my Nexus 4 is not recongnize at all by the computer, any computer, i already tried another computer, another usb cable, clearing cache, reset the device, usb debugging on and off, MTP and PTP and nothing, i'm using Archlinux and i think that the problem is not the computer because the Nexus 7 (2012) is recognize just fine, i believe that the problem started with Towelroot because before that everything was ok, i can't even update the OTA for the 4.4.4 because it sends an "error" when updating. Another thing, the phone charges so that is interesting.

I'm dying here :rolleyes:

Any solution or comment please.

Thanks.

Last edited:

parveen75

Aug 7, 2013
jalandhar
Try stock image rom... If pronlm stil persist thn it may b mble usb jck problm. U hv to chnge it....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

opssemnik

Account currently disabled
Jun 10, 2013
GB
meettomy.site
Try stock image rom... If pronlm stil persist thn it may b mble usb jck problm. U hv to chnge it....

were you typing from a device? lol :p didn´t see the Sent from, "i haz the dumb" :/
now from on topic:
delete every adb / nexus related driver(don´t know how to do so in Linux) and try again.
in Windows when i rooted my n4, i had to turn on usb developing untill i deleted the driver and installed the universal one

WinterSoldier

Jun 23, 2013
Heredia

Hello, first, thanks for answering.

Well, i'm always been stock, never tried another ROM.

I'm scared about the idea of the USB port problem, but if it's the port, why charges normal in USB? Pretty interesting.

Last edited:

WinterSoldier

Jun 23, 2013
Heredia
It's working now, had to remove and install again SDK tools from the computer and reset the phone but it's solved.

Thanks a lot :laugh: :good:

parveen75

Aug 7, 2013
jalandhar
It's working now, had to remove and install again SDK tools from the computer and reset the phone but it's solved.

Thanks a lot :laugh: :good:

Thats nice.. It happn wth my samsung s2 once and its usb port problm.. Bt in ir case its drivers... My s2 got charging bt not connectng wth pc..