[Google maps 5.0] Fix - two finger rotation

Search This thread

rori~

Aug 21, 2009
Vienna
Google Maps 5.0 Two Finger Rotation for Cm 6.1.x - distinct multitouch for motorola sholes
[As CM 6.1.x did not get the latest commits and #cm_nightly failed here´s it]

How to:
- in ../system/etc/permissions/..
- exchange "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml" with "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml"
- set permissions:
Code:
adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
- reboot

Attachments

• android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.zip
    782 bytes · Views: 103
Last edited:

freezepop

Mar 18, 2010
I swapped the files as you instructed, however I multitouch I had before is now gone all together. I was wondering though do I have to get rid of the ...distinct... part or leave it in, because I left it as is when I moved it over the system folder.

freezepop

Mar 18, 2010
nope still nothing...I downloaded the file and swapped it using Root Explorer
and using Rom Manager I fixed permissions and rebooted

is that method feasible or would that not function as well?

thanks

svrnmnd

Dec 1, 2008
I swapped the files as you instructed, however I multitouch I had before is now gone all together. I was wondering though do I have to get rid of the ...distinct... part or leave it in, because I left it as is when I moved it over the system folder.

nope still nothing...I downloaded the file and swapped it using Root Explorer
and using Rom Manager I fixed permissions and rebooted

is that method feasible or would that not function as well?

thanks

set permissions to: rw-r--r--

Sent from my Nexus One

Did all this . Downloaded new xml file, swapped it with the old one, set permissions to rw-r--r-- then opened up terminal emulator and did
su
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
rebooted and had lost multitouch .

running droid 1 with CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D. Was running just rooted stock 2.2.1 before, got the update and the rotation worked. everything worked in charity except the 2 finger rotation.

svrnmnd

Dec 1, 2008
Did all this . Downloaded new xml file, swapped it with the old one, set permissions to rw-r--r-- then opened up terminal emulator and did
su
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
rebooted and had lost multitouch .

running droid 1 with CHARITY--Smoked Glass Themed Version 11 !! Froyo 2.2.1 FRG83D. Was running just rooted stock 2.2.1 before, got the update and the rotation worked. everything worked in charity except the 2 finger rotation.

SORRY!!! forgot to mount as r/w when chmod. working great now..THANKS!!!

maybeiknowstuff

Feb 3, 2010
Chicago
Worked fine for me, thanks for reassuring I wasn't going crazy.

It worked fine on my MIUI build I'm running if it counts for anything, but not to much of a shock to me.

Two thumbs up! Thanks.

freezepop

Mar 18, 2010

Sent from my Nexus One

Thank you I didn't notice that I had to change the permissions in Root Explorer itself.

SORRY!!! forgot to mount as r/w when chmod. working great now..THANKS!!!

can you please elaborate
I do
su
mount r/w chmod...and it returns a file directory doesnt exist to me...or do I write that in the line
chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml

so it is as

chmod 644 mount r/w /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.x ml

EDIT:
nevermind I got it work thanks for the help :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Maps 5.0 Two Finger Rotation for Cm 6.1.x - distinct multitouch for motorola sholes
    [As CM 6.1.x did not get the latest commits and #cm_nightly failed here´s it]

How to:
    - in ../system/etc/permissions/..
    - exchange "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.xml" with "android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml"
    - set permissions:
    Code:
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.touchscreen.multitouch.distinct.xml
    - reboot

Sent from my Nexus One