[Touch Recovery][Abandoned]TWRP 2.2.0 for Rezound 7/12/2012 UPDATE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
EDIT: Flyhalf has taken over development for the Rezound. Please visit his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1902381

I have successfully ported TWRP Recovery to the Rezound. It is an unofficial port and all credit goes to teamwin.

Known Issues:
1) Can't copy things from computer over USB to the internal sd card. External card is fine and you can use the file manager to copy it over if you want.

Installation:
1. Download the version for your firmware version NOT ROM VERSION
2. Flash the zip via PH98IMG.zip. If you want to flash via fastboot, use the command "fastboot flash recovery nameoffile.img" if and pull the recovery.img out of the PH98IMG.zip

MD5 of GBPH98IMG.zip: D60D06F3AAF0346C1308CA2272638000
MD5 of ICSPH98IMG.zip: 4191B038840F1A670C0D515A804F383D

Change Log:

7/12/2012
Me: Rebased on EVO3D 2.2.0 Version
TWRP Team:
On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
Name new backups and rename existing backups
Rename files and folders in the file manager
Pseudo-terminal emulator
Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
Improved zip install compatibility
Updated update-binary source code
Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

5/8/2012 - RC1
Me:
Rebased to EVO3D 2.1.1 Version
Fixed internal sd mounting
TWRP Team Fixes:
Per-pixel kinetic scrolling in file selectors (this will be ported to the console and listbox in a future version)
Updated stock themes to a unified ICS-look - thanks to racks for providing the new look!
Fixed a bug that caused a crash and restart of recovery when rebooting system right after a zip install
Fixed a bug in the 720x1280 XML layout that prevented restoring a backup

4/22/2012 - BETA1
Initial Port
Bug: Internal SD card didn't mount

Pictures:

attachment.php

Note: I have sold my Rezound. However, that does not mean this won't be updated.

Attachments

• Main.JPG
    Main.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 31,669
  • Screen.JPG
    Screen.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 4,663
  • GBPH98IMG.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 2,312
  • ICSPH98IMG.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 4,727
Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Wow, talk about timing lol.. I was just sitting in hboot contemplating RUUing in attempt to fix my amon ra recovery issues. Flashing and seeing if this fixes them. I don't even use internal anymore since I haven't been able to flash anything in it and it seems to get wiped alot :) Well, it is definately backup up so that is fixed ! now just need to see if it will mount external and I am happy as a clam ! Thank you very much Con !

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
i assume amon backups will not work with this?

Actually, I am assuming they will if Con's picture is showing all those backups I am sure they are from previous recovery. Or he has been a flashing fool since he ported this ! :)

Oops guess you have been flashing alot ! lol

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
i assume amon backups will not work with this?

I have Twrp 2.1 on my TBOLT. Uncompressed nand backups works, but if you backup using TWRP and compress, you cannot use nand to restore. Pretty simple process and works great. Wouldn't have posted this earlier but TWRP team hadn't said if it would work for Rezound yet. No e-mail from Dev team. Guess Con got his email back first.

Note: That is working on GB. No idea about ICS.

Last edited:

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
Lol, should have read a little closer.. yes this does not work on the new firmware yet :D I was just stoked trying to fix my amon ra issues I glossed over the big red lettering lol.. Still works except for as you noted mounting internal and no it doesn't mount the new firmware properly to flash new roms.

Thanks again Con.. really looking forward to the new firmware version

mjh68

Apr 20, 2010
This will work fine for new firmware, the internal SD won't mount though which doesn't work anyway.

Well, when I tried to flash a rom on the new firmware , it wiped just fine but when the installer tried to install the rom it said E:\ can't mount SD card and errored out .

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
Stock GB - Rooted - S-Off

Just loaded this and did a backup (Amon-Ra would NOT backup)... worked fine backing up.

Note that the backup went to the /sdcard not /sdcard2 which I think is normal right?

CORRECTION: It said it was going to /sdcard but it actually ended up on /sdcard2

Tried taking a capture of the screen using ddms but it came out scrambled.

Never played around with the leak.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: Flyhalf has taken over development for the Rezound. Please visit his thread here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1902381

I have successfully ported TWRP Recovery to the Rezound. It is an unofficial port and all credit goes to teamwin.

Known Issues:
    1) Can't copy things from computer over USB to the internal sd card. External card is fine and you can use the file manager to copy it over if you want.

Installation:
    1. Download the version for your firmware version NOT ROM VERSION
    2. Flash the zip via PH98IMG.zip. If you want to flash via fastboot, use the command "fastboot flash recovery nameoffile.img" if and pull the recovery.img out of the PH98IMG.zip

MD5 of GBPH98IMG.zip: D60D06F3AAF0346C1308CA2272638000
    MD5 of ICSPH98IMG.zip: 4191B038840F1A670C0D515A804F383D

Change Log:

7/12/2012
    Me: Rebased on EVO3D 2.2.0 Version
    TWRP Team:
    On-screen keyboard in recovery! -- supports long press, backspace repeat, and swipe left deletes everything left of the cursor
    Name new backups and rename existing backups
    Rename files and folders in the file manager
    Pseudo-terminal emulator
    Backup archive splitting -- allows backup and restore of data partitions larger than 2GB
    Simplified XML layout support between resolutions
    Added dual storage selection radio buttons to zip install, backup, and restore pages
    Improved zip install compatibility
    Updated update-binary source code
    Numerous small bug fixes and improvements

5/8/2012 - RC1
    Me:
    Rebased to EVO3D 2.1.1 Version
    Fixed internal sd mounting
    TWRP Team Fixes:
    Per-pixel kinetic scrolling in file selectors (this will be ported to the console and listbox in a future version)
    Updated stock themes to a unified ICS-look - thanks to racks for providing the new look!
    Fixed a bug that caused a crash and restart of recovery when rebooting system right after a zip install
    Fixed a bug in the 720x1280 XML layout that prevented restoring a backup

4/22/2012 - BETA1
    Initial Port
    Bug: Internal SD card didn't mount

Pictures:

attachment.php

Note: I have sold my Rezound. However, that does not mean this won't be updated.

K, it is up! Have at it guys.
    New version came out today for some devices. Ill try to port tonight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
    Test version didn't run. I'll keep trying.
    update in OP. Enjoy. SD mounting fixed, rebased on newer version.