[Q] [Question] Soft-Brick Problems

Search This thread

Kmanblazzer

Dec 3, 2012
[Longish story]

So, I rooted yesterday, all was good. Used the CF-auto root. After that I got titanium backup and clockwork mod. After that I download the app ROM Toolbox, scrolled over to fonts, clicked a font, pushed continue, device rebooted and it wouldn't fully turn on. It would load up all the way to the Samsung logo and flash blue with that long and have the blue led on. Got scared since it was my first time rooting and stuff and went on forums. Got to clockworkmod and had no progression. Someone told me that I need to download a rom onto my external sd card and plug it back in my device then click that. File didn't work and it said my sdcard can't mount. So I read that I can flash the stock rom from Odin onto my device through the download mode on android. I tried and still am as we speak but it just stays on "system.img". I don't know what to do, and is scared that I can no longer use my device. Is there anything I can do or am I ruined?

Thank you all!:)

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
You must do a factory reset in your stock recovery after you flash your stock fw threw odin :) :beer: :D

●○●○takin a crap as we speak●○●○

Last edited:

Skwerl23

Aug 10, 2011
Download odin and flash stock att rom start over. Your phone would probably have booted rom toolbox reboots can take a long time.

I had issues with rom tool box too. Ill never use it again
Sent from GN2 using XDA app

Reactions: Kmanblazzer

Kmanblazzer

Dec 3, 2012
Download odin and flash stock att rom start over. Your phone would probably have booted rom toolbox reboots can take a long time.

But is it normal if it stays on system.img with a sign of progressing? I mean I have been patient for this to happen but it was going on for more than a hour without moving! Should I do it again and just wait all night? Also, now when I boot up my device, it tells me to do something with Kies, like a recovery. But my device won't even get recognized by my computer so the Kies thing Won't work. Also, I don't believe I can access CWM anymore. Does this matter?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.