[Q] I bricked my Galaxy Tab 2 with Cyandelta plus Root access possibly lost? Help?

Search This thread

N7Mafia

Feb 3, 2014
Hi,

Up until a few days ago I was happily running CM 10.2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and regularly updating through Cyandelta, then the program stopped showing me new updates so I downloaded the penultimate release (cm-11-20140131-NIGHTLY-p5100) and used Cyandelta to rebuild the zip by downloading and incorporating the latest release (cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-p5100) then I had it install it on my tablet.

As a result, I am now currently in a bootloop, as soon as I turn on the device it boots in Recovery Mode and asks me what to do. I wanted to access my tab via USB as I used to do in order to put on the memory card the latest CM11, format and start from scratch but I can't access it via computer anymore, all I have to work with is the botched Cyandelta zip. I tried the usual "Wipe Dalvik" "Wipe Cache" and even the (in)famous "Wipe Factory Reset Data" to no avail.

Also, I get this:

"Rott access possibly lost. Fix?"
No / Yes - Fix Root (/system/xbin/su)

and if I choose yes, nothing really changes on the next boot

If I try to install an old version of CM which I found in /CMUPDATER I get:

h t t p : //s15.postimg.org/h5ftl8px7/asd.jpg
(sorry for the the spacing but it wouldn't let me post a screenshot)

I am totally clueless, can anyone help me at all?

Last edited:

N7Mafia

Feb 3, 2014
Sorry for dissecting your answer but I'd rather ask than worsen my situation; so, granted I have no USB access at this time I should Odinflash the linked CWM, which I believe it is :
Odin flashable: GT-P5100_TWRP_2.6.3.5.tar.md5
or maybe
Odin-Flashable: GT-P5100_CWM_6.0.4.7-Swipe-Edition.tar.md5

(with which options?) and then I should Odinflash the latest CM11 nightly too? How can I do that?

Last edited:
G

GuestK0058

Okay, so I managed to update my CWM with this one by flashing it with Odin 3.07

Now I am at a loss though, how should I flash the latest CM that I downloaded which is:

• Shut down your tablet
  • Start recovery by pressing Vol UP + Power (or Vol Down + Power idk)
  • Use the volume button to navigate to "install zip from sdcard"
  • Use power button to continue
  • Put the CM11 zip on your external sd and select it with the volume buttons and confirm with power button

N7Mafia

Feb 3, 2014
Yeah but, granted I have NO USB access at this time, how can I put the CM11 zip on the tablet in order to launch it from recovery? Apparently the only way I can access te tablet from the PC is via ODIN.

Last edited:

N7Mafia

Feb 3, 2014
Problem is I couldn't even access externally my SD card due to a computer problem. Anwyays I solved it, once I upgraded my CWM to the latest I was able to successfully install one of the latest CM11 I had buried on the device, shame I wiped everything and now I got to reinstall all the data.

Thank you guys for your time and help. I was hopeless but now I am safe :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yeah but, granted I have NO USB access at this time, how can I put the CM11 zip on the tablet in order to launch it from recovery? Apparently the only way I can access te tablet from the PC is via ODIN.

As @Joery360 said, place the zip on an EXTERNAL sd card, and try to flash from there.