[ROM][4.4.4] Krypton v1.4.1 11/1/2014

Search This thread

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
*** DISCLAIMER ***
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!

Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! You need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this in case you need to restore back. If using the Safestrap version of this rom you need to flash it to the STOCK SLOT and flash the 4.4.2+ KitKat kernel and the 4.4.2+ baseband. If you're already on the 4.4.2 kernel and baseband the 4.4.4 versions are optional. If you're Unlocked you need the 4.4.2+ baseband for your phone model the 4.4.4 versions are optional. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

***This is Krypton for the Moto X, it is now based on the stock Vzw 4.4.4 rom modified to work on all Moto X models Unlocked or Safestrapped.
***The ROM zip is built for the Verizon XT1060 by default(that's the model I own), all other models need to flash their model specific patch after flashing the ROM zip, Enjoy!
Features;
-Debloated 288mb of apps
-Added init.d support
-Odexed and ART compatible
-Rooted with SuperSU (thanks to Chainfire)
-Blacked out the framework's background no more gradient
-AOSP Signal icons
-For the Safestrap version added Reboot and Reboot to Safestrap to the power menu
-For the Unlocked version added Reboot and Reboot to Recovery to the power menu
-Removed the lame Safe Volume prompt
-All apps have been updated to the current Play Store version and re-odexed
-Some Misc Build.prop edits to enable Usb Debugging and to Force GPU rendering by default
-Switched the default I/O Scheduler to Row via init.d in the Safestrap version and via the Kernel in the Unlocked version
-Added a few Ringtones from the Droid Maxx's stock ROM, and a Ringtone that I have used since my Droid X
-Disabled the Motorola Setup and Enabled the Stock Setup Wizard
-Added the apps Nova Launcher, AdAway, and Terminal Emulator (thanks to those devs for their apps)
-Removed the IME toggle from the status bar when keyboard is open
-Set all animations to off by default in the framework
-Added the odexed versions of Google Calender, DeskClock, Email, Exchange, Google Keyboard, and Google Keep from the Nexus 5 then updated to the latest Play Store version
-Added CM's Calculator, Google Voice, and Google's Device Manager
-Busybox installed
-Entitlement check bypassed
-Wifi radio removed from Airplane Mode
-All apk's Zipaligned
-For Unlocked users my K006 kernel is the default kernel it you want the stock 4.4.4 kernel it's below
---Based on the 4.4.4 kernel source
---It was cross compiled with Linaro 4.7 toolchain
---Futex kernel vuln patched
---Kernel is up patched to 3.4.90

Known Issues:
-With animations disabled, the dialer and hangouts have some weird issues opening and closing the keyboard.
---To fix set the Animator duration scale to .5x in Developer options.
---I can't stand animations they slow everything down, and I like a snappy phone, so if the dialer or hangouts issues bother you, change the setting I'm not changing it in the ROM.

Installation Instructions
Safestrap Version
-If you are already on 4.4.2+ then boot into Safestrap and factory reset, do not wipe the /system then install to the STOCK slot, if you're on a AT&T Xt1058 flash it's patch after the rom. Then Vzw XT1060 users if you want to run the stock 4.4.4 Kernel and Baseband, go to my stock 4.4.4 thread and download my utility to flash the Kernel and Baseband. When finished reboot and Enjoy!
-If your not on 4.4.2 and have a XT1060 then go here and follow the instructions from my stock rom thread Vzw STock 4.4.4 I don't feel like reposting them in here.

Unlocked Version
-Boot into TWRP 2.8.1.0 or CWM(haven't tested on this so let me know if it works) factory reset, do not wipe the /system flash the ROM, if on any model other than the XT1060 find your model patch below and flash after the ROM. When finished reboot and Enjoy!
-If you have a XT1060 you can go to the link above and download my Flashing Utility if you would like to flash the 4.4.4 Baseband also, it's optional!

Downloads: DO NOT repost these links on other forums, link them to this thread instead!
4.4.4 Krypton v1.4.1 (Safestrap users please flash the SS patch below)

4.4.4 Safestrap v1.4
4.4.4 Unlocked v1.4

4.4.3 Safestrap v1.3.1
4.4.3 Unlocked v1.3.1

4.4.2 Safestrap v1.2
4.4.2 Unlocked v1.2

4.4.4 Model Patches
AT&T XT1058 Unlocked Patch
T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
Retail Brasil XT1058 Patch
Retail UK XT1052 Patch
Rogers XT1058 Patch
US Cellular XT1055 Patch

AT&T XT1058 Safestrap Patch
Verizon XT1060 Safestrap Patch
Verizon XT1060 APN Patch

4.4.3 Model Patches
Retail UK XT1052 Patch
T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
Rogers XT1058 Patch
US Cellular XT1055 Patch

4.4.2 Model Patches
Rogers XT1058 Patch
T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
Retail UK XT1052 Patch
US Cellular XT1055 Patch

Kernel Only Links (this is for people who flashed another kernel and want to come back to my kernel)
K006-Linaro-4.7
K005-Linaro-4.7
K003-Linaro-4.7
K002-Linaro-4.7

Here is a link to all the removed apps if you want something back, this is NOT a flashable zip https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112654508

ROM Source: Motorola has it, this is not a source built ROM!
Kernel Source: https://github.com/iKrYpToNiTe/kernel-msm

Busybox license: http://www.busybox.net/license.html
BusyBox v1.22.1-Stericson (2014-01-25 17:27:18 CET) multi-call binary, Thanks to Stericson

Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for root and now Sunshine, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, TeamWin for TWRP, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-21-08-10-59.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-21-08-10-59.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 18,025
  • Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-57-07.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-13-19-57-07.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 17,892
  • Screenshot_2014-03-17-20-46-01.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-17-20-46-01.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 16,993
  • Screenshot_2014-08-16-14-45-11.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-16-14-45-11.png
    126.2 KB · Views: 10,950
Last edited:

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
Krypton Changelog

Changelog
Code:
-v1.4.1 Update (11/1/2014)
  -Updated all market apps and SuperSU
  -Included my updated K006 kernel
  -Modified the signal images back to the 4 bars version

-v1.4 Update (8/11/2014)
  -Updated the base to the Vzw 4.4.4 Stock ROM
  -Removed 288mb of bloat
  -Added all the mods from the previous versions
  -Added Email & Exchange odexed versions from the Nexus 5 4.4.4 ROM
  -Busybox installed with packages symlinked
  -All apks Zipaligned

-v1.3.1 Update (6/23/2014)
  -Updated the base to the T-Mobile 4.4.3
  -Removed 171mb of bloat
  -Added the Google Calender, DeskClock, Keep, and Keyboard odex versions from the Nexus 5 factory img, then updated and reodexed
  -Enabled the SELinux to display in the About Phone
  -Fixed the apn-conf file to work on Verizon
  -Removed Wifi from airplane mode
  -All apks Zipaligned
  -Updated the Kernel to K005
    -Patched the futex vuln
    -Finally was able to integrate the wlan.ko module to build with the kernel
    -Up patched the Kernel to the v3.4.60 mainline
    -Removed the Verizon init files from the ramdisk
    -Moved some changes in the 4.4.3 T-Mobile ramdisk to my Verizon 4.4.2 based ramdisk

-v1.2 Update (5/18/2014)
  -Updated all market apps
  -Removed most of the remaining Verizon files(to help unify the compatibility with the other models of the Moto X)
  -Removed unused Libs that were used by apps that have been removed or market apps that no longer use
  -Total amount of removed files was 39mb
  -Misc build.prop fixes and reordering
  -Added Patches for AT&T, T-Mobile, USC, Rogers, Retail UK, and Retail Brasil(they may still need some tweaking especially the Sprint one)

-v1.1 Update (4/13/2014)
  -Changed the dialer icon to the 4.4.2 icon
  -Added my Entitlement Check bypass
  -Changed the stock Calender to the Play Store Calender
  -Removed another 40mb worth of apps
  -Removed the IME toggle from the status bar
  -Added SpeedSoftwares Explorer app
  -Cross compiled the Kernel with Linaro 4.7 for unlocked users

-v1.0 Initial Release (3/22/2014)

Last edited:

anotherfiz

Jun 24, 2011
This rom is great. Clean , fast, great battery life on my unit for some reason. Have not tried any custom kernels with it, but i might give it a shot.

da900

Mar 20, 2009
Saint-Petersburg
GSM Patch

I have created a GSM Patch for Krypton. :) It is a flasheble zip file. It will delete all Verizon's apps and libs left in the ROM and replace build.prop file with the one from XT1053 but with saved Krypton 1.1 build version.

Attachments

• Krypton_GSM_Addon_14.04.14_v4.zip
    283.4 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

isaakmg

Aug 14, 2007
I can't flash the rom unlocker version. Error with TWRP. I have moto x europe XT1052 version bootloader unlocker... Great work And thanks in advance...

Enviado desde mi XT1052 mediante Tapatalk

Last edited:

iKrYpToNiTe

Sep 16, 2012
Sanford, NC
Agreed. Battery life is insane.

Krypton X

Awesome, that's what I like to hear I target performance but great battery life!

I have created a GSM Patch for Krypton. :) It is a flasheble zip file. It will delete all Verizon's apps and libs left in the ROM and replace build.prop file with the one from XT1053 but with saved Krypton 1.1 build version.

Thank you for this I added the additional lines that I added to the my build.prop file and will put it in the OP and credit you for it :)

I can't flash the rom unlocker version. Error with TWRP. I have moto x europe XT1052 version bootloader unlocker... Great work And thanks in advance...

Enviado desde mi XT1052 mediante Tapatalk

Are you using TWRP 2.7? Plus I this is for the XT1060 so flash at your own risk!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    *** DISCLAIMER ***
    I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE! OR IF YOU LOSE ANY DATA, ITS CALLED BACK IT UP BEFORE HAND!

Word to the wise if you don't know how to use RSDLite or Fastboot to restore your phone then leave this thread now please! You need to backup everything on your internal storage before you install this in case you need to restore back. If using the Safestrap version of this rom you need to flash it to the STOCK SLOT and flash the 4.4.2+ KitKat kernel and the 4.4.2+ baseband. If you're already on the 4.4.2 kernel and baseband the 4.4.4 versions are optional. If you're Unlocked you need the 4.4.2+ baseband for your phone model the 4.4.4 versions are optional. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

***This is Krypton for the Moto X, it is now based on the stock Vzw 4.4.4 rom modified to work on all Moto X models Unlocked or Safestrapped.
    ***The ROM zip is built for the Verizon XT1060 by default(that's the model I own), all other models need to flash their model specific patch after flashing the ROM zip, Enjoy!
    Features;
    -Debloated 288mb of apps
    -Added init.d support
    -Odexed and ART compatible
    -Rooted with SuperSU (thanks to Chainfire)
    -Blacked out the framework's background no more gradient
    -AOSP Signal icons
    -For the Safestrap version added Reboot and Reboot to Safestrap to the power menu
    -For the Unlocked version added Reboot and Reboot to Recovery to the power menu
    -Removed the lame Safe Volume prompt
    -All apps have been updated to the current Play Store version and re-odexed
    -Some Misc Build.prop edits to enable Usb Debugging and to Force GPU rendering by default
    -Switched the default I/O Scheduler to Row via init.d in the Safestrap version and via the Kernel in the Unlocked version
    -Added a few Ringtones from the Droid Maxx's stock ROM, and a Ringtone that I have used since my Droid X
    -Disabled the Motorola Setup and Enabled the Stock Setup Wizard
    -Added the apps Nova Launcher, AdAway, and Terminal Emulator (thanks to those devs for their apps)
    -Removed the IME toggle from the status bar when keyboard is open
    -Added the odexed versions of Google Calender, DeskClock, Email, Exchange, Google Keyboard, and Google Keep from the Nexus 5 then updated to the latest Play Store version
    -Busybox installed
    -Entitlement check bypassed
    -Wifi radio removed from Airplane Mode
    -All apk's Zipaligned
    -For Unlocked users my K006 kernel is the default kernel it you want the stock 4.4.4 kernel it's below
    ---Based on the 4.4.4 kernel source
    ---It was cross compiled with Linaro 4.7 toolchain
    ---Futex kernel vuln patched
    ---Kernel is up patched to 3.4.90

Known Issues:
    -With animations disabled, the dialer and hangouts have some weird issues opening and closing the keyboard.
    ---To fix set the Animator duration scale to .5x in Developer options.
    ---I can't stand animations they slow everything down, and I like a snappy phone, so if the dialer or hangouts issues bother you, change the setting I'm not changing it in the ROM.

Installation Instructions
    Safestrap Version
    -If you are already on 4.4.2+ then boot into Safestrap and factory reset, do not wipe the /system then install to the STOCK slot, if you're on a AT&T Xt1058 flash it's patch after the rom. Then Vzw XT1060 users if you want to run the stock 4.4.4 Kernel and Baseband, go to my stock 4.4.4 thread and download my utility to flash the Kernel and Baseband. When finished reboot and Enjoy!
    -If your not on 4.4.2 and have a XT1060 then go here and follow the instructions from my stock rom thread Vzw STock 4.4.4 I don't feel like reposting them in here.

Unlocked Version
    -Boot into TWRP 2.8.1.0 or CWM(haven't tested on this so let me know if it works) factory reset, do not wipe the /system flash the ROM, if on any model other than the XT1060 find your model patch below and flash after the ROM. When finished reboot and Enjoy!
    -If you have a XT1060 you can go to the link above and download my Flashing Utility if you would like to flash the 4.4.4 Baseband also, it's optional!

Downloads: DO NOT repost these links on other forums, link them to this thread instead!
    4.4.4 Krypton v1.4.1 (Safestrap users please flash the SS patch below)

4.4.4 Safestrap v1.4
    4.4.4 Unlocked v1.4

4.4.3 Safestrap v1.3.1
    4.4.3 Unlocked v1.3.1

4.4.2 Safestrap v1.2
    4.4.2 Unlocked v1.2

4.4.4 Model Patches
    T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
    Retail UK XT1052 Patch
    Rogers XT1058 Patch
    US Cellular XT1055 Patch

Verizon XT1060 Safestrap Patch
    Verizon XT1060 APN Patch

4.4.3 Model Patches
    Retail UK XT1052 Patch
    T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
    Rogers XT1058 Patch
    US Cellular XT1055 Patch

4.4.2 Model Patches
    Rogers XT1058 Patch
    T-Mobile XT1053 Patch
    Retail UK XT1052 Patch
    US Cellular XT1055 Patch

Kernel Only Links (this is for people who flashed another kernel and want to come back to my kernel)
    K006-Linaro-4.7
    K005-Linaro-4.7
    K003-Linaro-4.7
    K002-Linaro-4.7

Here is a link to all the removed apps if you want something back, this is NOT a flashable zip https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23610159112654508

ROM Source: Motorola has it, this is not a source built ROM!
    Kernel Source: https://github.com/iKrYpToNiTe/kernel-msm

Busybox license: http://www.busybox.net/license.html
    BusyBox v1.22.1-Stericson (2014-01-25 17:27:18 CET) multi-call binary, Thanks to Stericson

Thanks to Google for Android and their Search engine, Hashcode for Safestrap, jcase for root and now Sunshine, beaups and fuses for MotoWpNoMo, TeamWin for TWRP, and the Chinese middle man for my bootloader unlock without them this wouldn't be possible!
    Awesome let's just s**t where we eat and piss off a great developer who has built my personal favorite ROM to date for the X. Just what we need is him to no longer support this fantastic ROM with new android updates just around the corner.

Don't worry I'm not going anywhere, I don't let what other people say to me affect me.
    Agree 100%. Not sure if @kryptonite still supports and develops for the 2013 X but this is by far the best 4.4.4 ROM out there. Not feeling CM or anything AOSP based right now. I think Moto for it right [emoji3]

The rom will be updated when I can get a hold of the tmo or verizon official sbf not a soak ota. My dad has my X now so as long as he doesn't destroy it(knock on wood) I will continue to update the rom.
    Krypton Changelog

Changelog
    Code:
    -v1.4.1 Update (11/1/2014)
      -Included my updated K006 kernel
      -Modified the signal images back to the 4 bars version

-v1.4 Update (8/11/2014)
      -Updated the base to the Vzw 4.4.4 Stock ROM
      -Removed 288mb of bloat
      -Added all the mods from the previous versions
      -Added Email & Exchange odexed versions from the Nexus 5 4.4.4 ROM
      -Busybox installed with packages symlinked
      -All apks Zipaligned

-v1.3.1 Update (6/23/2014)
      -Updated the base to the T-Mobile 4.4.3
      -Removed 171mb of bloat
      -Added the Google Calender, DeskClock, Keep, and Keyboard odex versions from the Nexus 5 factory img, then updated and reodexed
      -Enabled the SELinux to display in the About Phone
      -Fixed the apn-conf file to work on Verizon
      -Removed Wifi from airplane mode
      -All apks Zipaligned
      -Updated the Kernel to K005
        -Patched the futex vuln
        -Finally was able to integrate the wlan.ko module to build with the kernel
        -Up patched the Kernel to the v3.4.60 mainline
        -Removed the Verizon init files from the ramdisk
        -Moved some changes in the 4.4.3 T-Mobile ramdisk to my Verizon 4.4.2 based ramdisk

-v1.2 Update (5/18/2014)
      -Updated all market apps
      -Removed most of the remaining Verizon files(to help unify the compatibility with the other models of the Moto X)
      -Removed unused Libs that were used by apps that have been removed or market apps that no longer use
      -Total amount of removed files was 39mb
      -Misc build.prop fixes and reordering
      -Added Patches for AT&T, T-Mobile, USC, Rogers, Retail UK, and Retail Brasil(they may still need some tweaking especially the Sprint one)

-v1.1 Update (4/13/2014)
      -Changed the dialer icon to the 4.4.2 icon
      -Added my Entitlement Check bypass
      -Changed the stock Calender to the Play Store Calender
      -Removed another 40mb worth of apps
      -Removed the IME toggle from the status bar
      -Added SpeedSoftwares Explorer app
      -Cross compiled the Kernel with Linaro 4.7 for unlocked users

-v1.0 Initial Release (3/22/2014)
    Any thoughts on when you might release the update you are working on? I unlocked my X, FXZ'd to 4.4.4., and would like to use your ROM but figured I'd wait since an update sounds like it's on the way.

Not trying to be pushy at all.... just asking. I'm not in any hurry. I'm using my Galaxy S3 in the meantime.

Thanks

Sorry I've been super busy lately, also I'm trying to catch it just right to keep the all apps updated to the latest play store version when I release it.