T-Mobile USA SMTP Server

Search This thread

KingsGambit

Jul 1, 2006
Hi all, With thanks to the folks on this site, I was able earlier to patch my Galaxy S2's nv_data.bin to SIM unlock it, allowing me to use a T-Mobile USA SIM card in my (previously locked) T-Mobile UK phone. UK customer services wanted 28 days and £15 to do it which considering I'll be back in the UK by then is useless.

Speaking of useless, T-Mobile US Technical Support share this quality with their UK counterparts. I phoned to ask them what I considered a relatively simple question and the lady was no help at all. Can anyone tell me the correct SMTP server setting for T-Mobile USA so I can send Emails from my S2? I've spent 45 minutes with Google and my normally good search skills have come up wanting here. Many thanks in advance for any help.

PS. I tried using "myemail.t-mobile.com" without success :(

Last edited:

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Hi all, With thanks to the folks on this site, I was able earlier to patch my Galaxy S2's nv_data.bin to SIM unlock it, allowing me to use a T-Mobile USA SIM card in my (previously locked) T-Mobile UK phone. UK customer services wanted 28 days and £15 to do it which considering I'll be back in the UK by then is useless.

Speaking of useless, T-Mobile US Technical Support share this quality with their UK counterparts. I phoned to ask them what I considered a relatively simple question and the lady was no help at all. Can anyone tell me the correct SMTP server setting for T-Mobile USA so I can send Emails from my S2? I've spent 45 minutes with Google and my normally good search skills have come up wanting here. Many thanks in advance for any help.

PS. I tried using "myemail.t-mobile.com" without success :(

I've searched and came up with the same server info... are you able to recieve properly but not send? It could the port... unsecured outgoing smtp servers use port 25.... If it's just sending you have issues with, try using smtp.comcast.net over port 25, with no authentication just to be able to send while you're here...

KingsGambit

Jul 1, 2006
I've searched and came up with the same server info... are you able to recieve properly but not send? It could the port... unsecured outgoing smtp servers use port 25.... If it's just sending you have issues with, try using smtp.comcast.net over port 25, with no authentication just to be able to send while you're here...
Hiya, I tried the server you suggested but sadly without luck. In the UK, I use "smtp.t-email.co.uk" while on the T-Mobile network and it works fine. I have a POP3 Email account set up that downloads mails from my ISP, but sends via T-Mobile. Receiving is working fine, I just can't send.

Interestingly, I've had no trouble quickly finding SMTP servers for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon in the first page of Google's search results!

AtoZ0to9

Jul 27, 2007
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 9
Hiya, I tried the server you suggested but sadly without luck. In the UK, I use "smtp.t-email.co.uk" while on the T-Mobile network and it works fine. I have a POP3 Email account set up that downloads mails from my ISP, but sends via T-Mobile. Receiving is working fine, I just can't send.

Interestingly, I've had no trouble quickly finding SMTP servers for AT&T, Sprint and Verizon in the first page of Google's search results!

It wouldn't even allow me to change my Comcast account to unsecured over port 25, I think android knows port 25 is known to be unsecure... the comcast servers are still open over 25... I can't seem to find much on Google either... I did find this though about piggybacking on googles gmail servers with your gmail id:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1074635

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS3 or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
Port for SSL: 465
Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
Password: your Gmail password

so try only changing server, port, and login using you gmail credentials

Reactions: KingsGambit

KingsGambit

Jul 1, 2006
Wow, thank you for this tip with Gmail. While I'm still surprised that TMobile USA doesn't provide customers with the SMTP server settings (I mean I don't understand how one can send Emails without that information!), using my GMail credentials to authenticate with the SMTP server you suggested works perfectly. I did have to verify my account on the site itself as the big G detected I was logging in from a different country, but after that, works brilliantly.

Thank you so much for this great advice. Might just leave the setting as is even on my return, no real need to change it back. It also now has the added benefit of (presumably) working via Wi-Fi as well as the phone's data connection, where normally I can't send when on my home Wi-Fi :)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It wouldn't even allow me to change my Comcast account to unsecured over port 25, I think android knows port 25 is known to be unsecure... the comcast servers are still open over 25... I can't seem to find much on Google either... I did find this though about piggybacking on googles gmail servers with your gmail id:

http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1074635

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS3 or SSL: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
    Use Authentication: Yes
    Port for TLS/STARTTLS: 587
    Port for SSL: 465
    Account Name: your full email address (including @gmail.com or @your_domain.com)
    Email Address: your email address (username@gmail.com or username@your_domain.com)
    Password: your Gmail password

so try only changing server, port, and login using you gmail credentials