[SOLVED] HTC One X Automatically Turns on and Stuck at HTC Logo

Search This thread

nithyakr

Jan 29, 2011
Hi all,

I'm a noob here. I don't have any experience in flashing roms. So any help is mostly welcome and I humbly thank you for it.

Let me tell you what Happened. I have my HTC One X which I have been using for about 2 years stock ROM, stock kernel, non-rooted.
So today I wanted to flash CM11 and went ahead and unlocked bootlader and rooted the phone. so far so good. Installed CWM 6.0.4.8 touch recovery as well.

Then I downloaded the CM11 M7 and copied CM11.zip and gaps.zip to phone and flashed the boot.img that comes in the CM11.zip with fast boot.

boot.img flash was successful and then I Moved into recovery and selected CM11.zip and confirmed installation. but all of a sudden it says installation aborted. (without any error messages)

So then I was kinda panicked and rebooted system using recovery. But the phone is stuck at HTC Quietly Brilliant logo! :(
And when I press the power button (kept pressing it for about 10 secs) it turns off the phone but after about 3 seconds the phone automatically turns it self on and goes to HTC logo and hangs it self.

I don't know what to do and any help is greatly appreciated. I can go into recovery and execute some fast boot commands but other than that the phone it self is useless at the moment. I can't keep it turned off and soon the battery gonna die.

And I have a mac, so Cant open RUUs and frankly I don't know what to do with a RUU now.

I have a nandroid backup before installing the CM and I restored it and tried to turn the phone on. But still no luck. still in the HTC logo.
please help me guys. And appreciate if you could guide me step by step as I'm new to this modding.

Last edited:

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
Hi all,

I'm a noob here. I don't have any experience in flashing roms. So any help is mostly welcome and I humbly thank you for it.

Let me tell you what Happened. I have my HTC One X which I have been using for about 2 years stock ROM, stock kernel, non-rooted.
So today I wanted to flash CM11 and went ahead and unlocked bootlader and rooted the phone. so far so good. Installed CWM 6.0.4.8 touch recovery as well.

Then I downloaded the CM11 M7 and copied CM11.zip and gaps.zip to phone and flashed the boot.img that comes in the CM11.zip with fast boot.

boot.img flash was successful and then I Moved into recovery and selected CM11.zip and confirmed installation. but all of a sudden it says installation aborted. (without any error messages)

So then I was kinda panicked and rebooted system using recovery. But the phone is stuck at HTC Quietly Brilliant logo! :(
And when I press the power button (kept pressing it for about 10 secs) it turns off the phone but after about 3 seconds the phone automatically turns it self on and goes to HTC logo and hangs it self.

I don't know what to do and any help is greatly appreciated. I can go into recovery and execute some fast boot commands but other than that the phone it self is useless at the moment. I can't keep it turned off and soon the battery gonna die.

And I have a mac, so Cant open RUUs and frankly I don't know what to do with a RUU now.

I have a nandroid backup before installing the CM and I restored it and tried to turn the phone on. But still no luck. still in the HTC logo.
please help me guys. And appreciate if you could guide me step by step as I'm new to this modding.

Hold power and volume down until you get to hboot . Then press fastboot and then press power off.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: nithyakr

nithyakr

Jan 29, 2011
It Powered off the Device :)

Hi FaiselW,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply. You method did half of what I wanted.
It indeed powered down the phone. So battery will be saved until I get a method to get back the device into life.

Still If I turn on the phone, the phone boots up and goes to HTC Quietly Brilliant logo and hangs there. So if you have any idea how to fix this issue, Greatly appreciate your help.

Anyways Thank you for the help so far.

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
No problem. When you restore the nandroid backup just flash stock kernel and you should be fine.

nithyakr

Jan 29, 2011
Backup fails

Thanks for the reply.

There seems to be a problem with my backup. I can't restore it anymore.
It says error restoring /android_secure .. :(
I downloaded the stock kernel from here.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1692404

And I flashed it. its said ok.
And then I tried to restore the backup, but it fails.

Is there a way to try flashing a CM nightly with a new kernel? Problem is how to copy the CM zip to the phone since it can not be turned on.
But I hear that we can push files to a phone using adb push. If that can be done I might be able to try flash a new CM rom with a new kernel. Is that even possible?

FaiselW

Jul 28, 2013
Go into your recovery and press mount and connect it to your computer and you will be able to move files to it.

nithyakr

Jan 29, 2011
Thank you a million!!!

FaiselW Bro! Thank you a million!

It worked. I managed to mount the SD card and then copied a new CM nightly to the phone and flashed it and everything worked perfectly.
I just want to thank you for all the help you've given and without your help it wouldn't be possible to fix it my own.

Thank you again and keep up the good work.
Have a nice day!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Hold power and volume down until you get to hboot . Then press fastboot and then press power off.

No problem. When you restore the nandroid backup just flash stock kernel and you should be fine.

Go into your recovery and press mount and connect it to your computer and you will be able to move files to it.