[ROM][Sense 2.3.3][May 27th] WildHeroWWE-1.2.1

Search This thread

erasmux

Retired Recognized Developer
May 22, 2010
This is a port of the Wildfire S Europe (WWE) Gingerbread Sense release. Most of what works in this ROM is due to the amazing work by SebastianFM on his port to the magic.

Known issues:
  • Hardare issues:
    - BT (did my best to get BT working but this ROM really hates the Heros BT :()
    - jogball notifications light
    - hotspot
    - Camcorder at "High (640x480) quality" is not supported by the Hero. It does work at "Low (320x240)".
  • Gfx library incompatibilities cause many games and map apps to crash - hopefully fixed in 1.2.1 update, thanks to SFM :)
  • Generally I feel this ROM is not 100% stable. It might be stable enough for some to use as a daily ROM, not for me.

Downloads:
WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Android RTK)
WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Desean)
WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Multiupload)

Highly recommended to also flash this update straight away:
WildHeroWWE-1.2.1.zip (Android RTK) (incremental update from 1.2)
When upgrading from 1.2 to 1.2.1, please also do a dalvik cache wipe, full wipe is NOT necessary :)

Imporant: Full wipe is necessary always! Even when coming from version 1.0. If coming from version 1.1 you can try without a wipe, but I highly recommend you do a full wipe anyway - this ROM is buggy enough as it is and not doing a full wipe can cause many additional problems.

Optional updates:
HTC Salsa lock screen and Reboot menu - New lock screen from HTC Salsa leak, and a menu to allow direct reboot to recovery and boot loader. If you have something personal against the reboot menu, use the lock screen update from the SFM. Personally, I prefer not to use the new lock screen as it seems to have a great lag when receiving calls.

WildHero-1.0-RebootMenu.zip
(works also on 1.2 but NOT on HTC Salsa lock screen) - Adds a reboot menu to boot into recovery and bootloader. I suggest flashing before first boot (in any case the first boot after flashing this will be longer than usual).

Changelog:

version 1.2.1
* Fixed libs from SFM 1.1 release, to hopefully fix gfx crashes.

version 1.2
* Fix google maps crash
* Fix installation of apps to SD card
* Possibly a bit more stable

version 1.1
Complete rebuild of the port, this time based on the WWE release.

version 1.0
Original build from the SFM 1.0 release, with following additions:
* FlyKernel 12a (camera is not 100% stable on LV)
* Some hardware fixes: Wifi, Sensors, Lights (but not jogball), 5M in Camera
* USB fix for 2.6.29 kernels (added in version 1.0)
* Full app2SD :D
* Superuser and busybox (fixed in version 1.0)
* RTL fixes for hebrew (sorry the new version which supports Arabic is not ready yet for GB)
* Teeter (how else can you know the G-sensor works ;))
* HTC Hub (added and fixed in version 1.0)
* Optional reboot menu

Credits:
Well SebastianFM obviously, he did most of the work on this port :D
Fix for superuser is from here, credits to rmk :)

Last edited:

rdejager

Mar 11, 2010
Why am I in a darn bus now. Whaa.......

When at work ill steal all the interwebs to get this.

Not send from a Magic you darn app...

nicky9door

May 3, 2010
USB mount doesn't seem to work for me. I plug the phone into my pc but no notification or window pops up to ask me for the connection option (i.e. charge only, usb drive etc).

Can someone confirm if this works? If it does, ill try a rewipe and flash again

Great Work :D

bluepinkpanther

Nov 18, 2010
Przemysl
USB mount doesn't seem to work for me. I plug the phone into my pc but no notification or window pops up to ask me for the connection option (i.e. charge only, usb drive etc).

Can someone confirm if this works? If it does, ill try a rewipe and flash again

Great Work :D

For me it's working only from time to time. But always you can go to recovery and connect your phone to pc :D

adisan2002

Sep 21, 2009
Galati
Besides the USB connection failures or that the phone is pretty warm, so far everything seems ok. Further testing.
"Power off" does not really shut down the phone, it sits in a sort of "stand-by. "
Typing home+power it did not enter in boot recovery. I have to remove the battery and then insert it in order to start boot recovery.

Last edited:

mljjlm

Mar 7, 2010
Copenhagen
Besides the USB connection failures or that the phone is pretty warm, so far everything seems ok. Further testing.
"Power off" does not really shut down the phone, it sits in a sort of "stand-by. "
Typing home+power it did not enter in boot recovery. I have to remove the battery and then insert it in order to start boot recovery.

It's called Fast Boot, and can be turned off in settings -> power

Reactions: adisan2002

adisan2002

Sep 21, 2009
Galati
It's called Fast Boot, and can be turned off in settings -> power

Thanks, you're right.
I've noticed that after unlocking screen, the upper right corner has orange light fluctuations. Never seen before.
Haha.. it's stupid but I think it comes from the sun (weather widget animations)... waitin' for cloudy weather to be sure :)

Last edited:

r34c7

Jun 19, 2010
Great work guys..!!!! I was following the threads in the forum for the last 6 months and as a Sense LOVER i totally gave up on Froyo / Gingerbread Sense....but you brought me back to life..!!!!!

<3<3<3

(has a girlfriend...) :D

edecan

Jan 14, 2010
hi

Türkçe:
Ben türkiye'de yaşayan bir kürt olarak bu çalışmayı yürekten kutluyorum. Çok teşekkür ediyorum. Sorun şu; Neden Türkçe dil'i mevcut değil? Yada neden marketten morelocale2 programı da türkçe seçili olmasına rağmen türkçe olmuyor?

English (google translate):
I heartily congratulate this work as a kurdish living in turkey. Thank you very much. The problem is: Why Turkish Language does not exist? Although the program is selected in the Turkish market to cause or morelocale2 not Turkish?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a port of the Wildfire S Europe (WWE) Gingerbread Sense release. Most of what works in this ROM is due to the amazing work by SebastianFM on his port to the magic.

Known issues:
    • Hardare issues:
      - BT (did my best to get BT working but this ROM really hates the Heros BT :()
      - jogball notifications light
      - hotspot
      - Camcorder at "High (640x480) quality" is not supported by the Hero. It does work at "Low (320x240)".
    • Gfx library incompatibilities cause many games and map apps to crash - hopefully fixed in 1.2.1 update, thanks to SFM :)
    • Generally I feel this ROM is not 100% stable. It might be stable enough for some to use as a daily ROM, not for me.

Downloads:
    WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Android RTK)
    WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Desean)
    WildHeroWWE-1.2.zip (Multiupload)

Highly recommended to also flash this update straight away:
    WildHeroWWE-1.2.1.zip (Android RTK) (incremental update from 1.2)
    When upgrading from 1.2 to 1.2.1, please also do a dalvik cache wipe, full wipe is NOT necessary :)

Imporant: Full wipe is necessary always! Even when coming from version 1.0. If coming from version 1.1 you can try without a wipe, but I highly recommend you do a full wipe anyway - this ROM is buggy enough as it is and not doing a full wipe can cause many additional problems.

Optional updates:
    HTC Salsa lock screen and Reboot menu - New lock screen from HTC Salsa leak, and a menu to allow direct reboot to recovery and boot loader. If you have something personal against the reboot menu, use the lock screen update from the SFM. Personally, I prefer not to use the new lock screen as it seems to have a great lag when receiving calls.

WildHero-1.0-RebootMenu.zip
    (works also on 1.2 but NOT on HTC Salsa lock screen) - Adds a reboot menu to boot into recovery and bootloader. I suggest flashing before first boot (in any case the first boot after flashing this will be longer than usual).

Changelog:

version 1.2.1
    * Fixed libs from SFM 1.1 release, to hopefully fix gfx crashes.

version 1.2
    * Fix google maps crash
    * Fix installation of apps to SD card
    * Possibly a bit more stable

version 1.1
    Complete rebuild of the port, this time based on the WWE release.

version 1.0
    Original build from the SFM 1.0 release, with following additions:
    * FlyKernel 12a (camera is not 100% stable on LV)
    * Some hardware fixes: Wifi, Sensors, Lights (but not jogball), 5M in Camera
    * USB fix for 2.6.29 kernels (added in version 1.0)
    * Full app2SD :D
    * Superuser and busybox (fixed in version 1.0)
    * RTL fixes for hebrew (sorry the new version which supports Arabic is not ready yet for GB)
    * Teeter (how else can you know the G-sensor works ;))
    * HTC Hub (added and fixed in version 1.0)
    * Optional reboot menu

Credits:
    Well SebastianFM obviously, he did most of the work on this port :D
    Fix for superuser is from here, credits to rmk :)
    Download links up....
    Regarding SMS problems:
    I did an initial investigation of the problem and from what I see I think the problem is that we don't have enough memory on the hero and MMS app just gets killed, which makes it hard to receive messages :eek:. I will try to play with the minfree values when I have time to see if anything can be gained from that.

For now, one thing which can improve the situation, is enabling compcache by creating a /data/.compcache file, for example using the command:
    Code:
    adb shell touch /data/.compcache
    And then reboot!
    I assume this will only work with FlyKernel although I haven't tested it with LV. With FlyKernel this seems to greatly improve the situation for me. I would also like to hear if you think performance is degraded/improved/unchanged with compcache.
    Superuser granted root access to Titanium Backup but it doesn't grant me access to SetCPU 2.1.3 ... SetCPU just stands there with a black screen and then it tells me "Root access not detected"

install the superuser apk from this zip, worked perfect for me! http://www.multiupload.com/B2VSUNOB4U