[ROM] [TF201] [JB Bootloader] CyanogenMod 10 Unofficial - JZO54K - Oct 30 2012

Search This thread

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
This is an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 10 for the new Jelly Bean bootloader for the Transformer Prime.

As a start, the build dated Oct 13 2012 has the new bootloader and TWRP 2.3 for JB within the ROM so it can be installed on any device with a custom recovery, even if the device has the ICS bootloader or the TF300 bootloader... All future releases will not have the new bootloader or TWRP as part of the ROM.

For the most case, this ROM uses the official commits to the CyanogenMod 10 tree. The exceptions are the TF201 device specifics. Unlike the official CyanogenMod 10 builds, this ROM uses the new 3.1 Jelly Bean kernel and the new Jelly Bean drivers and proprietary files. I will stop this project once this becomes part of the official CM10. I will not release builds daily, rather ever 2-3 days.

Highlights of this ROM:
1) Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K
2) Built using the latest CM10 changes as of 30 Oct 2012 10:00AM Pacific Time (GitHub / Gerrit)
3) Uses the latest AndroidRoot TF201 device tree with the Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 kernel (3.1) and proprietary files & drivers with some changes and additions by me (GitHub)
4) Needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader [IMPORTANT: Flashing over an incorrect bootloader can permanently brick you device. The Oct 13 2012 build includes the bootloader upgrade and can be flashed over any ROM/bootloader]
5) HDMI audio/video streaming and bluetooth audio streaming (AVRCP 1.3 ready)
6) Camera and microphone
7) 4-way reboot menu (Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot & APX)
8) Includes all the files and changes need for the Google Widevine DRM [untested!!]
9) CIFS and NTFS (read-only) support
10) Fully functional dock and dock battery display
11) Removed CMUpdater
12) All other features of CyanogenMod 10 and Jelly Bean (full hardware acceleration, Project Butter, HD video, customisable notification toggles & many more)
13) Some custom addons and feature ports by me (see the individual build changelogs)...

New in Oct 30 2012 build:
1) Several device overlay updates and cleanups (bunch of updates for JB)
2) Auto-brightness turned off by default
3) Expanded desktop (hide/show Combined/Status Bar using the Power menu)
4) Cleaned-up & updated release tools script (this creates the zip packages)
5) Set correct permission for BtService.sh (Bluetooth DUN) script
6) Force NV_FPS_LIMIT to 60 for all performance modes
7) Device Advanced setting menu to set Asus performance modes (defaulted to Balanced). This is not for the CPU speed, rather the Tegra performance setting (cpuX.sh like functionality)
8) Fixed Torch
9) Updated device power profile based on official JB release

Highlights of the Google Apps Pack:
1) Uses the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K Google Apps & Services from the Nexus 7 factory image
2) Includes the latest Play Store 3.9.16
3) Does not include any Google Apps available via the Play Store (GMail, Books, Google Now, etc. are not included)

Known issues:
1) Key layouts for certain regional keyboard may not work
2) Auto-brightness is funky [Use the app Lux for auto-brightness]
3) NTFS support is read-only
4) exFAT is not yet supported

Important:
1) Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM (including the official CM10 nightlies)
2) Wipe cache/dalvik cache for every update
3) After flashing a build, it is a good idea to wait for 5-10 mins after bootup to allows everything to settle in
4) If you have not upgraded to the official Jelly Bean ROM yet, you will need to flash the Oct 13 2012 build or a stock JB ROM first to upgrade your bootloader, and then you may flash the latest build here.
5) Once you upgrade to this ROM, you will no longer be able to use the official CM10 nightlies till the new Jelly Bean changes are merged
6) Make sure you use a recovery compatible with the new Jelly Bean bootloader after flashing this ROM.

The usual 9 yards:
1) Have you read this post properly. Read it again!!
2) You need to have an unlocked bootloader
3) You need to have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)
4) It is a good idea to have enabled nvFlash (thanks to AndroidRoot) so that you can recover from almost any brick
5) Neither I, nor the CyanogenMod team, nor the AndroidRoot team take any responsibility if anythings goes wrong. Use at your own risk
6) Always make sure you create nandroid backups regularly

cm-10-20121030-UNOFFICIAL-tf201-jbbl.zip [IMPORTANT: You need to upgrade to the JB bootloader before flashing this. Flash the Oct 13 2012 build (second post) or a stock JB ROM to upgrade your bootloader.]
Google Apps Pack 20121011

GitHub Sources:
Device Tree
Kernel
Vendor Tree

Tweaks & Mods:

1. GPS Config Tweaks (Multi-Region):
This has various regionally optimized GPS configuration tweaks to inprove GPS locking.
Download tf201-GPSTweaks.zip and flash using TWRP recovery

tf201-GPSTweaks.zip - Dev-Host
tf201-GPSTweaks.zip - Goo.Im

2. SysCtl And DNS Tweaks:
This has a set of SysCtl tweaks to improve multi-tasking and overall performance as well as makes use of the Google DNS servers which are generally faster.
Download tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip and flash using TWRP recovery
tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip - Dev-Host
tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip - Goo.Im

3. Build.Prop Tweaks:
A compilation of build.prop tweaks tested on the TF201
Read here

4. EXT4 Journaling Tweaks: (Advanced Users Only. Manual Steps Involved)
If you don't understand these commands, you probably should lean more about them before using these tweaks.
Read here

Useful threads:
TF201 NVFlash
TF201 nvFlash General Users Guide [Unbrick/Recover/Downgrade/Upgrade]
[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver
TWRP Recovery For JB Bootloader

Support the project:
Donate to CyanogenMod
Donate to AndroidRoot
Donate to me (craigacgomez)

Credits:
CyanogenMod Team & Contributors, AndroidRoot Team, TeamWin
Google, Asus, nVidia
Goo.im, Dev-Host
Me!! :p

Last edited:

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
Base Version with Jelly Bean bootloader & TWRP 2.3.0.0:
Flash this if first if you have not yet upgraded to the new Jelly Bean bootloader.
cm-10-20121013-UNOFFICIAL-tf201-with-jbbl.zip

New in Oct 26 2012 build:
1) BFQ v5 I/O scheduler [Ported from CM10 Nexus 7 kernel]
2) Low memory killer tweaks (memory compaction) [Ported from CM10 Nexus 7 kernel]

Older version:

New in Oct 21 2012 build:
1) Revert/disable nVidia CPU Quiet [It restricts the CPU to 1.3 GHz]
2) Standardise CPU frequency tables' values.
3) Disable Asus system mode CPU speed settings [It only allows 3 max CPU speeds and doesn't play well with the CM kernel]
4) Remove prebuilt power HAL

New in Oct 17 2012 build:
1) Fixed model number (Shows Transformer Prime TF201, not EeePad)
2) Enabled KSM (Kernel SamePage Merging) support (Go to Settings > Performance > Memory management to enable/disable)
3) Enabled zRam/Compcache support (Go to Settings > Performance > Memory management to enable/disable)
4) Added LCD density property to build.prop (fixes YouTube app display and may fix some Play Store compatibility)
5) Added Extended Desktop toggle (show hide Combined bar/status bar) [Cherry pick from CM gerrit]
6) Miscellaneous kernel cleanups

New in Oct 15 2012 build:
Enabled nVidia CPU Quiet: Dynamic CPU core management
Lulzactive CPU Frequency Governor v2: Created by Tegraak. Based on "interactive" governor, inspired by erasmux's "smartass" governor [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
Pegasusq CPU Frequency Governor: Samsung's own multi-core aware governor. Based on "on demand", controls hotplugging [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
SIO I/O Scheduler [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
V(R) I/O Scheduler [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]

Last edited:

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
Thanks for this, was waiting for u to set up a thread before I gave it a go :) eos build has the dock close fixed... Maybe not made it into cm tree yet..

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

hakarune

Dec 19, 2009
Vancouver
Is SDcard/MicroSD working in this one without any sort of bootup hacks that are found in the preview thread?

EDIT: Added Mirrors for both the GAPPS and ROM (currently uploading, eta ~ 1 hour) - http://min.us/mv17NlQFk

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawke84

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
Good news!!:) Installing.....

Fully functional dock? Closing and opening dock turn on/off the screen?

Wysyłane z mojego Transformer Prime TF201 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
Does the Micro HDMI work on this build? It wasn't working on the CM10 preview I tried.

Not sure, don't have a micro HDMI connector or a HDMI display to test

So I can flash this on top of CM10 preview without wiping data? Thanks.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Should work fine... but wipe cache/dalvik cache

Is SDcard/MicroSD working in this one without any sort of bootup hacks that are found in the preview thread?

Yes, as noted in the OP... and yes, no hacks required. But this uses the Android standard for mounts (/storage/sdcardX, /storage/usbdiskX), not the Asus standard.

Good news!!:) Installing.....

Fully functional dock? Closing and opening dock turn on/off the screen?

Wysyłane z mojego Transformer Prime TF201 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

Dock is fully functional as noted in the OP... also as noted in the OP, opening/closing screen on/off doesn't work yet.

mibo666

Sep 19, 2010
Not sure, don't have a micro HDMI connector or a HDMI display to test

Should work fine... but wipe cache/dalvik cache

Yes, as noted in the OP... and yes, no hacks required. But this uses the Android standard for mounts (/storage/sdcardX, /storage/usbdiskX), not the Asus standard.

Dock is fully functional as noted in the OP... also as noted in the OP, opening/closing screen on/off doesn't work yet.

Pls ask for source code to EOS team to fix it :p :)

Wysyłane z mojego GT-I9000 za pomocą Tapatalk 2

craigacgomez

Jan 29, 2010
Tustin
Next build will include the dock battery display fix!

@mibo666, I will check it out... but if it has many changes, unless it is part of the merged CM tree, you won't see it in this

Reactions: Hawke84

faceyourfaces

Feb 12, 2012
New York
Flashing over preview edition with cache wipe just boots me into recovery. I recommend fully wiping if you're going to install this rom.
Update: Gotta fix brick with ABD :(

Last edited:

faceyourfaces

Feb 12, 2012
New York
After two hours of frustration, I finally fixed the brick and installed the rom. I was happy to see the new boot animation and try out my SD card. Hopefully I'll have the time to do more testing later.

M

Melin Leos

I dont get it, why is there 4 diferent teams/persons making CM10? wouldnt it be better that Team EOS, AndroidRoot, Makelegs and you join forces and bring a better and more stable unique rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an unofficial build of CyanogenMod 10 for the new Jelly Bean bootloader for the Transformer Prime.

As a start, the build dated Oct 13 2012 has the new bootloader and TWRP 2.3 for JB within the ROM so it can be installed on any device with a custom recovery, even if the device has the ICS bootloader or the TF300 bootloader... All future releases will not have the new bootloader or TWRP as part of the ROM.

For the most case, this ROM uses the official commits to the CyanogenMod 10 tree. The exceptions are the TF201 device specifics. Unlike the official CyanogenMod 10 builds, this ROM uses the new 3.1 Jelly Bean kernel and the new Jelly Bean drivers and proprietary files. I will stop this project once this becomes part of the official CM10. I will not release builds daily, rather ever 2-3 days.

Highlights of this ROM:
    1) Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K
    2) Built using the latest CM10 changes as of 30 Oct 2012 10:00AM Pacific Time (GitHub / Gerrit)
    3) Uses the latest AndroidRoot TF201 device tree with the Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 kernel (3.1) and proprietary files & drivers with some changes and additions by me (GitHub)
    4) Needs the new Jelly Bean 10.4.2.15 bootloader [IMPORTANT: Flashing over an incorrect bootloader can permanently brick you device. The Oct 13 2012 build includes the bootloader upgrade and can be flashed over any ROM/bootloader]
    5) HDMI audio/video streaming and bluetooth audio streaming (AVRCP 1.3 ready)
    6) Camera and microphone
    7) 4-way reboot menu (Reboot, Recovery, Fastboot & APX)
    8) Includes all the files and changes need for the Google Widevine DRM [untested!!]
    9) CIFS and NTFS (read-only) support
    10) Fully functional dock and dock battery display
    11) Removed CMUpdater
    12) All other features of CyanogenMod 10 and Jelly Bean (full hardware acceleration, Project Butter, HD video, customisable notification toggles & many more)
    13) Some custom addons and feature ports by me (see the individual build changelogs)...

New in Oct 30 2012 build:
    1) Several device overlay updates and cleanups (bunch of updates for JB)
    2) Auto-brightness turned off by default
    3) Expanded desktop (hide/show Combined/Status Bar using the Power menu)
    4) Cleaned-up & updated release tools script (this creates the zip packages)
    5) Set correct permission for BtService.sh (Bluetooth DUN) script
    6) Force NV_FPS_LIMIT to 60 for all performance modes
    7) Device Advanced setting menu to set Asus performance modes (defaulted to Balanced). This is not for the CPU speed, rather the Tegra performance setting (cpuX.sh like functionality)
    8) Fixed Torch
    9) Updated device power profile based on official JB release

Highlights of the Google Apps Pack:
    1) Uses the latest Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2 JZO54K Google Apps & Services from the Nexus 7 factory image
    2) Includes the latest Play Store 3.9.16
    3) Does not include any Google Apps available via the Play Store (GMail, Books, Google Now, etc. are not included)

Known issues:
    1) Key layouts for certain regional keyboard may not work
    2) Auto-brightness is funky [Use the app Lux for auto-brightness]
    3) NTFS support is read-only
    4) exFAT is not yet supported

Important:
    1) Wipe data/factory reset if coming from another ROM (including the official CM10 nightlies)
    2) Wipe cache/dalvik cache for every update
    3) After flashing a build, it is a good idea to wait for 5-10 mins after bootup to allows everything to settle in
    4) If you have not upgraded to the official Jelly Bean ROM yet, you will need to flash the Oct 13 2012 build or a stock JB ROM first to upgrade your bootloader, and then you may flash the latest build here.
    5) Once you upgrade to this ROM, you will no longer be able to use the official CM10 nightlies till the new Jelly Bean changes are merged
    6) Make sure you use a recovery compatible with the new Jelly Bean bootloader after flashing this ROM.

The usual 9 yards:
    1) Have you read this post properly. Read it again!!
    2) You need to have an unlocked bootloader
    3) You need to have a custom recovery (CWM or TWRP)
    4) It is a good idea to have enabled nvFlash (thanks to AndroidRoot) so that you can recover from almost any brick
    5) Neither I, nor the CyanogenMod team, nor the AndroidRoot team take any responsibility if anythings goes wrong. Use at your own risk
    6) Always make sure you create nandroid backups regularly

cm-10-20121030-UNOFFICIAL-tf201-jbbl.zip [IMPORTANT: You need to upgrade to the JB bootloader before flashing this. Flash the Oct 13 2012 build (second post) or a stock JB ROM to upgrade your bootloader.]
    Google Apps Pack 20121011

GitHub Sources:
    Device Tree
    Kernel
    Vendor Tree

Tweaks & Mods:

1. GPS Config Tweaks (Multi-Region):
    This has various regionally optimized GPS configuration tweaks to inprove GPS locking.
    Download tf201-GPSTweaks.zip and flash using TWRP recovery

tf201-GPSTweaks.zip - Dev-Host
    tf201-GPSTweaks.zip - Goo.Im

2. SysCtl And DNS Tweaks:
    This has a set of SysCtl tweaks to improve multi-tasking and overall performance as well as makes use of the Google DNS servers which are generally faster.
    Download tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip and flash using TWRP recovery
    tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip - Dev-Host
    tf201-SysCtlAndDNSTweaks.zip - Goo.Im

3. Build.Prop Tweaks:
    A compilation of build.prop tweaks tested on the TF201
    Read here

4. EXT4 Journaling Tweaks: (Advanced Users Only. Manual Steps Involved)
    If you don't understand these commands, you probably should lean more about them before using these tweaks.
    Read here

Useful threads:
    TF201 NVFlash
    TF201 nvFlash General Users Guide [Unbrick/Recover/Downgrade/Upgrade]
    [ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver
    TWRP Recovery For JB Bootloader

Support the project:
    Donate to CyanogenMod
    Donate to AndroidRoot
    Donate to me (craigacgomez)

Credits:
    CyanogenMod Team & Contributors, AndroidRoot Team, TeamWin
    Google, Asus, nVidia
    Goo.im, Dev-Host
    Me!! :p
    Looks like I will soon be stopping my builds since the official CM10 nightlies will start to roll out... i guess tonight according to the post on Google+...

My work here is done as soon as the official builds start!! Big thanks to everyone who used this... and of course, the CM team!!
    Hey, everyone.

Dogfooded and uploaded another build.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B8xmL5OrdeuXU3I4Qm40ckdMcFE/edit

Same disclaimer and stipulations.
    I flashed it and it seems to work properly. Thanks a lot!

Thanks for testing it. I've got the build environment in place now, so until NRG or whoever else comes along to be maintainer of the TF201 again, I can keep making new builds every few days or so just so we can at least stay on top of CM10 source updates.
    Base Version with Jelly Bean bootloader & TWRP 2.3.0.0:
    Flash this if first if you have not yet upgraded to the new Jelly Bean bootloader.
    cm-10-20121013-UNOFFICIAL-tf201-with-jbbl.zip

New in Oct 26 2012 build:
    1) BFQ v5 I/O scheduler [Ported from CM10 Nexus 7 kernel]
    2) Low memory killer tweaks (memory compaction) [Ported from CM10 Nexus 7 kernel]

Older version:

New in Oct 21 2012 build:
    1) Revert/disable nVidia CPU Quiet [It restricts the CPU to 1.3 GHz]
    2) Standardise CPU frequency tables' values.
    3) Disable Asus system mode CPU speed settings [It only allows 3 max CPU speeds and doesn't play well with the CM kernel]
    4) Remove prebuilt power HAL

New in Oct 17 2012 build:
    1) Fixed model number (Shows Transformer Prime TF201, not EeePad)
    2) Enabled KSM (Kernel SamePage Merging) support (Go to Settings > Performance > Memory management to enable/disable)
    3) Enabled zRam/Compcache support (Go to Settings > Performance > Memory management to enable/disable)
    4) Added LCD density property to build.prop (fixes YouTube app display and may fix some Play Store compatibility)
    5) Added Extended Desktop toggle (show hide Combined bar/status bar) [Cherry pick from CM gerrit]
    6) Miscellaneous kernel cleanups

New in Oct 15 2012 build:
    Enabled nVidia CPU Quiet: Dynamic CPU core management
    Lulzactive CPU Frequency Governor v2: Created by Tegraak. Based on "interactive" governor, inspired by erasmux's "smartass" governor [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
    Pegasusq CPU Frequency Governor: Samsung's own multi-core aware governor. Based on "on demand", controls hotplugging [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
    SIO I/O Scheduler [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]
    V(R) I/O Scheduler [Ported from clemsyn's Nexus 7 kernel]