No SIM Card Error after flashing any new ROM

Search This thread

ReeceDial

Oct 27, 2015
Dover
First off, I will say that I am basically new to using stock ROM's and such, though I have previously successfully flashed another phone which worked until the experimental ROM became unstable after a few days, with reflashing yielding the same result.

To the point, using ODIN, I flashed TWRP onto my T999 (after heimdall kept failing for me), and I performed a back up and then proceeded to flash CM 12.1 nightly onto my phone. The nightly worked great other than giving me an error of "SIM card missing" in the setup screens. This of course is a deal breaker for me as this is the phone I wish to use daily. I did my research and found that for many people this was the case, however the network would still work despite the phone's status saying otherwise, though my phone would neither receive nor send texts/calls let alone find any network operators. (I also tried different releases)

I then tried to flash multiple CM 11 official releases but kept receiving "assert failed getprop( ro.bootloader)..... " I even tried the ol' "delete that line of the script" troubleshooting, however the installation would then abort just the same without stating the error.

After both of these failed, I tried recovering my previous back up however it failed every time.

I currently am running PAC ROM's 5.1.1 which yields the same issue as stated above concerning the nightlies.

I have also tried updating my modem as I found under troubleshooting that fixed what seemed to be the same issue for others, yet it never worked for me.

Any advice would be great. I'm sure you'll need more info, so let me know what you need.

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
What is important here is going to be the base firmware. We need to know what build you are currently running.
To get this, open terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Let us know what it returns. I really have a feeling this will be the root of all your problems. You need to be running on a matched, 4.3 bootloader and modem. Otherwise the rom will not work right (hence the asserts in the updater-script). If you gave a mismatched modem, none of the radio related functions will work.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

ReeceDial

Oct 27, 2015
Dover
What is important here is going to be the base firmware. We need to know what build you are currently running.

getprop ro.bootloader

Let us know what it returns. I really have a feeling this will be the root of all your problems. You need to be running on a matched, 4.3 bootloader and modem. Otherwise the rom will not work right (hence the asserts in the updater-script). If you gave a mismatched modem, none of the radio related functions will work.

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

the terminal returned T999UVUEOH1

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Ok. Since that's the latest available, you are going to be limited to only that build. (If you try to downgrade the bootloader it'll hard brick.)

My best suggestion would be to reflash the Full OH1 firmware via Odin, and then factory resetting from the stock recovery. (This will wipe all user data including the internal sdcard.)
Once you are fully stock, I'd the problem continues you can be pretty sure it's going to be hardware related. If that is the case, go to a t-mobile store and ask them to test a new one in your device. (They'll often replace it free if the Sim is the problem. )

Hopefully, everything will be working again though, and then you can try again to flash your rom if you so choose.

Sorry I don't have an easier/better suggestion. Let me know if you have any questions though. (You can get the firmware from my thread stickied at the top of the development section.)

ReeceDial

Oct 27, 2015
Dover
Ok. Since that's the latest available, you are going to be limited to only that build. (If you try to downgrade the bootloader it'll hard brick.)

My best suggestion would be to reflash the Full OH1 firmware via Odin, and then factory resetting from the stock recovery. (This will wipe all user data including the internal sdcard.)
Once you are fully stock, I'd the problem continues you can be pretty sure it's going to be hardware related. If that is the case, go to a t-mobile store and ask them to test a new one in your device. (They'll often replace it free if the Sim is the problem. )

Hopefully, everything will be working again though, and then you can try again to flash your rom if you so choose.

Sorry I don't have an easier/better suggestion. Let me know if you have any questions though. (You can get the firmware from my thread stickied at the top of the development section.)

I took your advice and used your download links, using https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407581038 as was linked to UVUEOH1 on the firmware page and followed your guide .
The phone has now been on the Samsung bootloop for 10 minutes after rebooting it while it was in bootloop for 30+. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

ReeceDial

Oct 27, 2015
Dover
Did you factory reset? You always have to when going to/from TW/CM because their data is not compatible.

I just realized that I skipped that part and it is currently rebooting! I'll let you know what happens!

EDIT: Thank you so much! Is there a particular rooting guide that you recommend? And also, from there, should I be able to flash the ROM normally?

Last edited:

ReeceDial

Oct 27, 2015
Dover
So the network still isn't working, however my SIM works in another phone that I've been using in the meantime. Do you still then suggest that the SIM could be the in error, or would it be software at that point?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Does it see any networks or show any signal with the Sim removed? It should allow for emergency calls only at least.

If it does, go to T-Mobile and test another Sim. If it does not, it's probably a hardware problem.

Reactions: mrrocketdog

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

getprop ro.bootloader

Did you factory reset? You always have to when going to/from TW/CM because their data is not compatible.

Does it see any networks or show any signal with the Sim removed? It should allow for emergency calls only at least.

If it does, go to T-Mobile and test another Sim. If it does not, it's probably a hardware problem.