Camera Quality Comparison - 18.6.A.0.182 vs 18.6.A.0.175 [PICS]

Are you satisfied with Camera Quality after updating?

• Total voters
Search This thread

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
I think it's pretty much self explanatory. Before you ask, yeah, it has improved waaaay much. Please check here if you want to patch your current rom (Stock .175, deodexed, or Z5 STYLE) with Sony's Camera Fixes.

Near object:
Before
MqJUVwo.jpg

NOW
0VyrE5L.jpg

Not-so-near object:
Before
8R9qXz9.jpg

NOW
HXWWSKy.jpg

Computer Screen (very near)
Before
gm4xmGt.jpg

NOW
vz5YnUg.jpg

My Raspberry
Before
4ClTjMA.jpg

NOW (reflections increased!)
F1jdlN9.jpg

Added 31/12/2015 - Daylight pictures. Note that 'After' (NOW) images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
Before
S2suC06.jpg

NOW
mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
Before
xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
GoyMkwS.jpg

I'll update tomorrow with daylight pics (my garden for example)

Last edited:

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
Well, at last that proves we weren't crazy. Just compare the stapler in the Raspberry pictures (at full size). In .175 it looks like crap, as we know. Instead the very first picture is unbelievable. How did it come out so foggy?

BTW where did you get the update from?! Spanish OTA? I am getting no updates for my Custom IT ROM.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
BTW where did you get the update from?! Spanish OTA? I am getting no updates for my Custom IT ROM.

I didn't receive any OTA either...

Do you remember the TWRP backup I linked you yesterday @ XperiaBlog comment section? From there, I compared everything that was changed using WinMerge and my .175 extracted System. I checked what camera libs did change (almost all!), plus the Morpho Settings which changed a lot, and packed them into a flashable ZIP. :p

Miche1asso

Apr 11, 2012
Treviso
I didn't receive any OTA either...

Do you remember the TWRP backup I linked you yesterday @ XperiaBlog comment section? From there, I compared everything that was changed using WinMerge and my .175 extracted System. I checked what camera libs did change (almost all!), plus the Morpho Settings which changed a lot, and packed them into a flashable ZIP. :p

Ah, ok. But where did that TWRP backup come from? Who/which Country has got the update? Plus wasn't the OTA 280MB or something? Your zip is less than 2MB? This feels like the wait for Lollipop all over (with much less hype, sure! :D).

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Ah, ok. But where did that TWRP backup come from? Who/which Country has got the update? Plus wasn't the OTA 280MB or something? Your zip is less than 2MB? This feels like the wait for Lollipop all over (with much less hype, sure! :D).

The backup came from a D2306, Generic Latam device, from @FalleN_lMaster (as you can see inside it, Chargemon is pointing to MultiRecovery, and there are some traces of Kingroot in system, so when I first downloaded it I deleted them).

And yes, update was 280MB, but take into account ALL .odex, plus some APKs, and ALL LIBS were new (as WinMerge reported), so, maybe that's the thing... And, instead of replacing all of them when making the zip (which returns a bootloop, by the way), I only replaced camera-related libs (all libchromatix, libcameraoem, camera.msm8226.so, Morpho Settings, etc). :)

I hope now all works for everyone as intended, and there're no more complains in the forum (but we all know that's impossible hah) :D

gala174

Mar 3, 2015
So It Was you who posted the backup of the system D2306 on the Xperia blog but it is missing the" vendor " floder for some reasons.

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
So It Was you who posted the backup of the system D2306 on the Xperia blog but it is missing the" vendor " floder for some reasons.

It's not missing any folder, and you probably commited the same error I made.
When you unpack the TWRP backup with 7-zip (both .000 and .001), since files are SPLITTED you need to join them back in (in Windows, you can use type file1.000 file1.001 > file1.zip), but the thing is that for some reason it's not done properly, and (at least for me) 7-zip ignores the vendor and xbin folders! So, to get them, what I did was opening the 001 as zip through WinRar, extract the files into my desktop, ignore any errors, and copy them back to where I extracted the supposedly joined file.

And, once again, I did post it there, but the TWRP backup is not mine (in fact I own a D2303), it's from @FalleN_lMaster.

Reactions: FalleN_lMaster

gala174

Mar 3, 2015
Sorry

It's not missing any folder, and you probably commited the same error I made.
When you unpack the TWRP backup with 7-zip (both .000 and .001), since files are SPLITTED you need to join them back in (in Windows, you can use type file1.000 file1.001 > file1.zip), but the thing is that for some reason it's not done properly, and (at least for me) 7-zip ignores the vendor and xbin folders! So, to get them, what I did was opening the 001 as zip through WinRar, extract the files into my desktop, ignore any errors, and copy them back to where I extracted the supposedly joined file.

And, once again, I did post it there, but the TWRP backup is not mine (in fact I own a D2303), it's from @FalleN_lMaster.

Thank you, Yeah it seems I made a mistake, that backup works fine on my phone except one error message of Android.phone.stopped unfortunately as I remember, I changed the build.prop but the error has not been fixed.

---------- Post added at 08:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

I have D2303 too by the way.

Reactions: FalleN_lMaster

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
New pics for comparison, now on daylight conditions

So, as I said in OP, here are some pictures of daylight conditions. Note that 'after' images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
Before
S2suC06.jpg

NOW
mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
Before
xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
GoyMkwS.jpg

ARandomIndian

Oct 11, 2015
@linuxct Works on the D2305 can confirm on stock rom rooted, build number ect is all the same, this is just to fix the Camera build number ect all the same

Thanks so much Linuxct you saved us a lot of time

Reactions: linuxct

linuxct

Social Contributor
Aug 10, 2012
Nicely lit stills are all well and good, but are there any comparsons of indoors low light motion to see how "motion blur" fares? Ie, something as simple as a person waving their hand or turning their head?

Well, I've tried it but, except from the noise...

BEFORE
B42ag0o.jpg

NOW
YVGsLnp.jpg

[BTW, those are some headphones, with red LEDs, bouncing...]

Last edited:

supertiger1234

Oct 13, 2013
Nexus 7
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think it's pretty much self explanatory. Before you ask, yeah, it has improved waaaay much. Please check here if you want to patch your current rom (Stock .175, deodexed, or Z5 STYLE) with Sony's Camera Fixes.

Near object:
    Before
    MqJUVwo.jpg

NOW
    0VyrE5L.jpg

Not-so-near object:
    Before
    8R9qXz9.jpg

NOW
    HXWWSKy.jpg

Computer Screen (very near)
    Before
    gm4xmGt.jpg

NOW
    vz5YnUg.jpg

My Raspberry
    Before
    4ClTjMA.jpg

NOW (reflections increased!)
    F1jdlN9.jpg

Added 31/12/2015 - Daylight pictures. Note that 'After' (NOW) images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
    Before
    S2suC06.jpg

NOW
    mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
    Before
    xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
    GoyMkwS.jpg

I'll update tomorrow with daylight pics (my garden for example)

The backup came from a D2306, Generic Latam device, from @FalleN_lMaster (as you can see inside it, Chargemon is pointing to MultiRecovery, and there are some traces of Kingroot in system, so when I first downloaded it I deleted them).

And yes, update was 280MB, but take into account ALL .odex, plus some APKs, and ALL LIBS were new (as WinMerge reported), so, maybe that's the thing... And, instead of replacing all of them when making the zip (which returns a bootloop, by the way), I only replaced camera-related libs (all libchromatix, libcameraoem, camera.msm8226.so, Morpho Settings, etc). :)

I hope now all works for everyone as intended, and there're no more complains in the forum (but we all know that's impossible hah) :D
    This thread is right now on XDA Portal! Enjoy guys ^_^

OqS62PJ.jpg

6b3I1LS.jpg
    Nicely lit stills are all well and good, but are there any comparsons of indoors low light motion to see how "motion blur" fares? Ie, something as simple as a person waving their hand or turning their head?

Well, I've tried it but, except from the noise...

BEFORE
    B42ag0o.jpg

NOW
    YVGsLnp.jpg

[BTW, those are some headphones, with red LEDs, bouncing...]
    New pics for comparison, now on daylight conditions

So, as I said in OP, here are some pictures of daylight conditions. Note that 'after' images have less grain, but they look more purplish I'd say (and way crispier). :p

My olive:
    Before
    S2suC06.jpg

NOW
    mxRDi95.jpg

My garden:
    Before
    xdkZxYe.jpg

NOW
    GoyMkwS.jpg