MIUI for XOOM

Search This thread

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
as with the release of v4 miui a while ago, and it being an ICS version. Would anyone be interested or skilled enough in the art of porting that over to our xooms? We now have the EOS version and CM9 port happening, is anyone good enough or a big enough fan to port a miui to xoom, I for one would be a +1 for this... i just wish I was able to code to have a crack myself

Alright...

Maybe this could get a little momentum since MIUI released a page where their source is released, much like CM team does... it is possible that stuff can be used from rogue's rom or EOS rom... they are great with allowing others to download their source and that which would help in the process

Google+ annoucement
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108531052526575991056/posts

MIUI ROM source project
http://www.micode.net/portal.php

Tutorial i think this is (see attached link) it is in chinese... however probably be able to translate with google i guess... i tried but only got text output with google translate not a standalone document, the translation seemed pretty good
http://www.mediafire.com/?47ksn60dm0on6a4

Last edited:

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
+1 here! I've tried my hand at it a bit but I would need some guidance from someone more experienced than I. I really would love to see this worked on and become a reality.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

js345

Feb 5, 2011
Sẫo Paulo
I love miui on my milestone, but i'm not sure it will be as good as the vanilla ics/honeycomb UI on a 10.1 inches screen. I would gladly give it a try though.

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
Alright...

Maybe this could get a little momentum since MIUI released a page where their source is released, much like CM team does... it is possible that stuff can be used from rogue's rom or EOS rom... they are great with allowing others to download their source and that which would help in the process

Google+ annoucement
https://plus.google.com/u/0/108531052526575991056/posts

MIUI ROM source project
http://www.micode.net/portal.php

Tutorial i think this is (see attached link) it is in chinese... however probably be able to translate with google i guess... i tried but only got text output with google translate not a standalone document, the translation seemed pretty good
http://www.mediafire.com/?47ksn60dm0on6a4

Last edited:

joshndroid

Jun 22, 2011
I love miui on my milestone, but i'm not sure it will be as good as the vanilla ics/honeycomb UI on a 10.1 inches screen. I would gladly give it a try though.

you could be right... and i guess themes wouldn't work obviously however, if this source could be gathered up and worked on our xooms, this would entice others on the samsung tabs and acer tabs, and would allow for theme to be made for our devices which to me would be awesome... also; the portrait and landscape nature of our device may be different but it could also usher a new awesomeness to miui, it does look squished in landscape on a phone but on a 10 inch tab it could be sweet

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
you could be right... and i guess themes wouldn't work obviously however, if this source could be gathered up and worked on our xooms, this would entice others on the samsung tabs and acer tabs, and would allow for theme to be made for our devices which to me would be awesome... also; the portrait and landscape nature of our device may be different but it could also usher a new awesomeness to miui, it does look squished in landscape on a phone but on a 10 inch tab it could be sweet

/agree

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

Ghost-of-the-Sun

Jan 6, 2012
+1 for MIUI on Xoom.
I have it on my phone and it is so beautiful and fast that I can't use any other rom anymore.
If iPad has iPhone's UI, we can easily have MIUI UI on a tablet. And it would be far better because MIUI supports widgets :D

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Ugh. Ok guys look. Before I started my adventures in Xoomland, I worked with miui ALOT. In fact I still do from time to time. First, miui devs did not release their full repo. Just some of their proprietary apps. They are not about about to release the true wonder of miui, the theme engine. That being said, I highly doubt we would be able to achieve full functionality because we don't have full source. Besides, I only use ADWEX as my launcher and personally I don't think miui would be able to compete there. Consider, what does miui do that our builds don't already do? We could include some form of native file manager. The miui native app backup program sucks compared to Titanium. I'll always have a place in my heart for miui, but trust me when I say working without source REALLY SUCKS.

ruvort

Aug 4, 2010
Ugh. Ok guys look. Before I started my adventures in Xoomland, I worked with miui ALOT. In fact I still do from time to time. First, miui devs did not release their full repo. Just some of their proprietary apps. They are not about about to release the true wonder of miui, the theme engine. That being said, I highly doubt we would be able to achieve full functionality because we don't have full source. Besides, I only use ADWEX as my launcher and personally I don't think miui would be able to compete there. Consider, what does miui do that our builds don't already do? We could include some form of native file manager. The miui native app backup program sucks compared to Titanium. I'll always have a place in my heart for miui, but trust me when I say working without source REALLY SUCKS.

All I'd like from miui is the easy theming abilities :)

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

kartobot

Nov 13, 2011

I think so,too.
the advantages of MIUI are stuff like the texting app,the phone app and the launcher. I don't want all my homescreens cluttered with apps on my xoom,it's fine on a phone,but not on a tablet.
In addition,the themes are for 800x480 screens,the xoom could be considered 'xhdpi' because of its resolution,MIUI is for hdpi screens.
It would be nice to see some optimized release of MIUI for tablets,but I don't think that MIUI in it's phone form can compete with ICS on a xoom.

Muffycheeks

May 3, 2011
Rumor has it that Miui will start working on the Xoom as soon as they finish their present projects.

bigrushdog

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2007
Rumor has it that Miui will start working on the Xoom as soon as they finish their present projects.

I'm all for it. However, as a personal favor to the miui devs, since they never had the courtesy of adding WiMax calls in their android_server library, I look forward to kanging the crap out of any Xoom product they publish, including their tasty theme engine. ;)

Reactions: davidsos

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm all for it. However, as a personal favor to the miui devs, since they never had the courtesy of adding WiMax calls in their android_server library, I look forward to kanging the crap out of any Xoom product they publish, including their tasty theme engine. ;)