[TOOL] ClockworkMod Touch 5.8.1.3 Odin Flashable tar (Hercules / T989 / Tmobile)

Search This thread

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Here is a Odin flashable tar file for
Clockworkmod Touch 5.8.1.3 for Tmobile T989 hercules.

Before you guys run and try to flash this via Odin, make sure you read my directions:

(1) Make sure your phone ISN'T connected to your computer.
(2) Turn off your phone and remove the battery for a few seconds.
(3) Then insert battery.
(4) Hold volume up and down button at the same time and while holding them insert the micro usb into the phone (the other end should be already in the computer's usb port prior to this)
(5) Open Odin as Admin and select PDA.
(6) Locate "recovery.tar.md5" (the one you downloaded from above link)
(7) And finally flash.

Hope you guys enjoy this.

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Could I just turn off the phone and then use the jig to put it in download mode? I don't like taking off my case.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Odin is going to fail when you try to flash if you don't remove the battery first, but since you don't want to remove your case you can just do the in app purchase via rom manager. Its only 2 bucs :p

xsteven77x

Jul 2, 2010
Pittsburgh
Odin is going to fail when you try to flash if you don't remove the battery first, but since you don't want to remove your case you can just do the in app purchase via rom manager. Its only 2 bucs :p

I always use Odin without taking out the battery first and it always works as expected. I think that's either a myth or some peoples (not all) phones are actually like that.

Also after buying it you will have it readily available in ROM manager on any phone you put it on.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

raycaster3

Apr 17, 2011
S.Ogden
To be honest, nothing really. You don't have to use your volume buttons on recovery is all. But it is the latest & greatest which everyone (including me) has to have....

I bought it today too. Just think of it as supporting Koush....

I'm not sure if you realized, but we've never had to use the vol buttons in recovery on this device. Menu button= scroll down, home button= scroll up, back button= back obviously, and the menu button is select. Just thought in case anyone didn't know. Btw it is cool that it is all touch to select now. :D

.:†:.DARKSIDE.:†:.

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I always use Odin without taking out the battery first and it always works as expected. I think that's either a myth or some peoples (not all) phones are actually like that.

Also after buying it you will have it readily available in ROM manager on any phone you put it on.

Cool. Good for you. I have two T989's and they both require me to take out the battery. Oh well, my directions are what worked for me. You guys are smart enough to make your decisions and follow your own path :)

Buck Shot

Mar 2, 2010
I bought it through Rom Manager. As much free **** as I get, its good to support devs from time to time.

Ruling the world on my Galaxy S II

jdiddy_ub

Sep 20, 2010
Queens Village, NY
there is an easier (in my opinion) way to do it...just did it an hour ago..worked like a charm

I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS, JUST PASSING IT ALONG

Just flashed cwm touch for T-Mobile. Looks pretty nice. Its available in from rom manager or if you dont wanna pay for it do this

Download the recovery image from here http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (tmobile Galaxy S2)

Rename it to recovery.img and place it on your sdcard(internal) so it should be at /sdcard/recovery.img

plug phone into computer and get into adb shell from terminal (must have adb working)

then type this: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

IF you dont have adb working on your computer you can download terminal emulator from android market and do it from your phone. Same instructions as above.

place recovery.img on sdcard(/sdcard/recovery.img)

open terminal emulator and type: su (allow superuser access if it ask you)

then type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

make sure usb debugging is checked also.

Credit for these instructions belongs to Da_G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is a Odin flashable tar file for
    Clockworkmod Touch 5.8.1.3 for Tmobile T989 hercules.

Before you guys run and try to flash this via Odin, make sure you read my directions:

(1) Make sure your phone ISN'T connected to your computer.
    (2) Turn off your phone and remove the battery for a few seconds.
    (3) Then insert battery.
    (4) Hold volume up and down button at the same time and while holding them insert the micro usb into the phone (the other end should be already in the computer's usb port prior to this)
    (5) Open Odin as Admin and select PDA.
    (6) Locate "recovery.tar.md5" (the one you downloaded from above link)
    (7) And finally flash.

Hope you guys enjoy this.
    there is an easier (in my opinion) way to do it...just did it an hour ago..worked like a charm

I AM NOT TAKING CREDIT FOR THIS, JUST PASSING IT ALONG

Just flashed cwm touch for T-Mobile. Looks pretty nice. Its available in from rom manager or if you dont wanna pay for it do this

Download the recovery image from here http://www.clockworkmod.com/rommanager (tmobile Galaxy S2)

Rename it to recovery.img and place it on your sdcard(internal) so it should be at /sdcard/recovery.img

plug phone into computer and get into adb shell from terminal (must have adb working)

then type this: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

IF you dont have adb working on your computer you can download terminal emulator from android market and do it from your phone. Same instructions as above.

place recovery.img on sdcard(/sdcard/recovery.img)

open terminal emulator and type: su (allow superuser access if it ask you)

then type: dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

make sure usb debugging is checked also.

Credit for these instructions belongs to Da_G
    Shouldn't we just buy it for 2 dollars to support Koush? by downloading this you are not supporting his efforts. do the right thing.

My .02

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

The recovery img is posted on his website for free. http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager All I have I done is made it flashable via ODIN since many people have issues while creating a Odin compatible tar. Koush made it available both ways (img for free / via rom manager for $2) so that people who aren't comfortable using Odin can download it hassle free.

It's irritating that people want to put in their 0.02 cents about how we should support the dev by buying this and making it sound like the Flashable tar is like a "cracked" file. All you guys with your 0.02 cents don't know the circumstances of many members of XDA. For some of us $2 is nothing, but for many its a choice between a meal or a addon. Let's keep our 0.02 cents to ourselves. If you guys have nothing constructive to say, keep your comments to yourself and stop trolling.

Thank you.
    That definitely doesn't sound easier than the ops method.

all you do is put the recovery.img on the internal sd, open terminal emulator and type dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22

done.
    Shouldn't we just buy it for 2 dollars to support Koush? by downloading this you are not supporting his efforts. do the right thing.

My .02

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App