[Q] [Help]can't root ics with zeronull method

Search This thread

Narfoid

Feb 3, 2012
I downloaded ics_rooting.zip, run it, and after the preliminary files are copied I get this message:
/data/local/tools/mempodroid: not executable: magic 7f45
Su not created

I'm am running the "official" ice posted today, had same problem with the leaked version.

I got this tab with hc, rooted it and inserted the a500 custom build.prop. later I updated to ics. Now when I plug into PC it tries to install a500 drivers... maybe this has something to do with it?

Obviously something is remaining of the old build but as far as I know there is no way to do a full clean wipe without rooting and unlocking bootloader. All that factory reset does is wipe the internal sd (/mnt/sdcard/) leaving everything else untouched.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

mapaz04

Dec 20, 2008
Tennessee
Go to the ACER site and download the ICS drivers for the ICONIA... that may be your issue. If you dont update those you will not be able to ROOT... :D

Reactions: Narfoid

Narfoid

Feb 3, 2012
thanks

I downloaded the a510 ics driver from Acer website, then had to disable a100 driver via device manager, and it worked :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go to the ACER site and download the ICS drivers for the ICONIA... that may be your issue. If you dont update those you will not be able to ROOT... :D