Search This thread

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
I have now 2 days that tracking code and still nothing news D:
Still Electronic Shipping Info Received,
I realy have no patience for this D: !

erikive

Feb 13, 2013
The otterbox is worth it just for the warranty. My replacement case shipped yesterday for standard wear and tear damages.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: otterboxfan4l

monkeefied

Jun 23, 2008
Caledonia
I have the UAG and have had otterboxes on the previous devices. The otterboxes always irritated me after a while because the rubber is really grippy and was a pain to get out of my pocket, and when I did it had all kinds of lint stuck to the rubber. Now this UAG case I have is THE best case I have ever rocked on any of my devices. I have sent multiple emails to them begging for a case for my nexus 7. The rubber on my UAG is not grippy at all but still soft enough to take some abuse. I have dropped my phone multiple times from standing height ( I'm 6'1") and a couple of times the phone has landed directly on the corner with no damage to the case or the phone. I have not handled any otterbox cases for the gs3 yet so I can't say if they have changed their rubber recipe so take my words with a grain of salt, but I can't say enough about my UAG case.

bbabiuk

Mar 22, 2011
Winnipeg
Speaking as someone that has both the commuter and the UAG I have to say I prefer the UAG. It feels solid. The plastic isn't as cheap and scratchy feeling as the commuter. The uag is less bulky. The UAG offers enough protection for my needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Hey, wanted to ask what this means:

Depart USPS Sort Facility
February 21, 2013
LONG BEACH, CA 90809

International Letter
Processed through USPS Sort Facility
February 20, 2013, 6:08 pm

LONG BEACH, CA 90809
Electronic Shipping Info Received
February 19, 2013

I live in Belgium so i suppose if your from US you probably wont have the right answer.
If you do please tell me if you can what that should be? ^
does it mean its now on the airplane or? if not how long would it still take do you think? (Depart USPS Sort Facility)

thanks,
Best regards,
DrLuigi

Last edited:

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
since it's international, you wont see any info until it arrives at your local package center. for the most part, you'll have to wait till it gets scanned at the next facility to see any updates.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

cookiemage

Sep 30, 2010
New York City
I would recommend the UAG case. It's fairly thin. The back has a nice texture with smooth matte plastic. The ports are very well placed, as well as the buttons. The buttons are raised well, the volume keys are separated by a taper (very nice for pressing the buttons in your pocket). The power/sleep button is diagonally cut with a nice texture. All the buttons are easy to press. The back of the case has 4 little raised notches to prevent scratching of the back. All 4 corners of the case has raised rubber. I've actually dropped my s3 on the sidewalk, and the phone bounced a couple of times on the sides and scratches disappeared after a week. On the front, it has a contour that prevents peeling of your screen protector. It's a very solid feel. Not to mention it looks extremely cool :D

gZFZLQ9.jpg

Last edited:

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
since it's international, you wont see any info until it arrives at your local package center. for the most part, you'll have to wait till it gets scanned at the next facility to see any updates.

What? :p
You mean untill its out of America it wont have any information anymore :p

For the most part all the info is from America only.
I was just curious how many phases it needs to go through till its on the plane due on experience i know when its on the plane it overal takes 3-4 days :p

Anyhow thanks for your comment and time ^^

That means that it has departed from a facility. There's no way to tell where it's going next. However, when a package is being shipped, it goes through several facilities, not just one place to the other, I'm sure you know that. Depart USPS sort facility simply means that it processed through one of these facilities and is on it's way to the next.

Well kinda irritating they dont show more info like when it should go on the plane lol, Its like not even guessing since you dont know what they are talking about and how many phases it still has to go xD

I would recommend the UAG case. It's fairly thin. The back has a nice texture with smooth matte plastic. The ports are very well placed, as well as the buttons. The buttons are raised well, the volume keys are separated by a taper (very nice for pressing the buttons in your pocket). The power/sleep button is diagonally cut with a nice texture. All the buttons are easy to press. The back of the case has 4 little raised notches to prevent scratching of the back. All 4 corners of the case has raised rubber. I've actually dropped my s3 on the sidewalk, and the phone bounced a couple of times on the sides and scratches disappeared after a week. On the front, it has a contour that prevents peeling of your screen protector. It's a very solid feel. Not to mention it looks extremely cool :D

Thanks for the pic and small review ^^
Is that the Blue version or the grey one?
i realy cant wait ^^
I am atm like so carefull with my S3 due i dont want any scratches haha :p
I hope to get 2-3 more years with it xD
Altho i doubt that sometime when you look how old/slower the S1 already is :p
Smartphones are realy going so fast atm, a bit to fast imo xD over a year there is another one that doubles yours xD

Best regards,
Drluigi

geoldr

Feb 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
I picked up the white UAG case and its the absolute best case I've used. I showed it to my friend and he bought one also. Really thin and makes the phone look great. And if you YouTube it there's a video of this guy dropping his S3 onto asphalt with the UAG and it was just fine.
Best 22 dollars I've spent for this phone.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
what it means is that you won't get any more information until the facility that receives it scans it. so whenever your country's post office scans it, it won't really change.

Well its now in Los angeles, Sort facility,

Do you know when it probably takes a flight? Is there such a centre in Los Angeles or doesi t have to goto more facilitys

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocator...90009&locationType=po&zip4=9998&address=90045

Seems like one of there airports are in Los Angeles,
So probably my package wich is there now will be also shipped from there i hope? :p

Its atm still Processed through USPS Sort Facility in los angeles

If its gets dispatched will it have another notification or is that normaly the last respond ^ ?
Maybe those few from Germany/uk/europe in general can answer that if they had there Tracking still somewhere/remember it :p

Last edited:

lvoonjian8888

Aug 13, 2011
I had made a deep comparison to Otterbox Commuter vs Ballistic SG vs UAG. You can find the thread's link under my signature. You can ask me any question about the cases.

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
I have both and really like them both but I have to go with the uag. It beats the commuter in looks and the stiff power button on the commuter can be annoying

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

clninja

Jun 25, 2011
Denver
I prefer the rounder shape and feel of my commuter. Love it

And my buttons are not stiff and offer great feedback.....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

AppzTheGawd

Dec 16, 2012
Love my white commuter on white GS iii slimbwell put together loosens up after a week or to and doesn't upset your screen protector. Well protection for the everyday us vs being stopped at the airport do having a bomb (defender series/ ballistic) in your pocket lol.

Sent from my SGH-T999

Reactions: otterboxfan4l

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Well probably i am just going with UAG for now,

When i feel like i need more protection for some stuff i will buy the commuter or defender for sure ^^
But i guess UAG is good for normal drops :p
But gotta say, When you want something, and USPS is shipping it, its awfull to wait :(

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Does anyone know anything about the shipping?
It left USA 21/02

Still nothing here,

Previous time i had a package it was already here?
Maybe due its now from Los Angeles and previous time chicago?

Does anyone have experience about shipping? UK,DE,NL,BE, etc etc kinda europe should be aprox the same when talking about shipping time i guess,

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3
    Great Chooses my friend has the OtterBox Commutor case its a great case havent seen the UAG gear case but my self i own the OtterBox Defender case because i got it free with my phone
    I personally am a otterbox fan I currently have the following otterbox cases for the s3

-gun metal grey / white defender

-orange / black / realtree camo defender

-red / black defender

-white / gunmetal commuter

-purple / pink commuter

I switch these cases out like switchimg out my underwear
    YES THE COMMUTER CASE at first is hard to press the buttoms but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes

I also love otterbox customer service always friendly and have no problem exchanging out your case for you or trying to work out something
    Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3
    Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3

With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p