UAG gear VS OtterBox Commutor

Search This thread

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
dude, relax.. it's been only a few days. it usually takes 2 weeks to send things international unless you pay alot of money to have it 3.-5 days

Y i know,
but still its hard to wait for these cases haha ^^

Did also not come today :(
Argh, hate this waiting, every day when i come home i see like some clues that would say i have my package, but then its for someone else in this house haha :p

Anyhow. i just hate my S3 being naked xD

thanks for the time ^^

mputtr

Nov 12, 2008
California, USA
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
you should get this app called package buddy
it asks you to put in the tracking number and you just define the carrier (sometimes it's automatic if the tracking # is unique) and then it notifies you if there are any changes + a map of its travels.

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
you should get this app called package buddy
it asks you to put in the tracking number and you just define the carrier (sometimes it's automatic if the tracking # is unique) and then it notifies you if there are any changes + a map of its travels.

Same info as on usps tracking kinda,
http://puu.sh/29TSd

Well its now one week kinda,
Hopefuly i get it soon D:

I hope UAG will also do in the future the ability to choose UPS or just a better USPS shipping method,
I hate it when i dont have decent tracking :p its like gambling when it comes in,
Or if it maybe even lost in the mail somewhere, due no tracking its like impossible to retreat where its lost :/

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Hopefully tomorow ^^
Else i gonna start thinking it may be lost in the post,
Well idk if its ussual that it takes 3 days longer then usual packages from US,
But i think previous time it may have been faster due it was a package, and not as UAG sends with letters it may be slower due its a letter mhm..

dbeckwit

Jul 13, 2012
Just put on a Black Otterbox Commuter. While it's a bit bulkier than i'd like, I know it's super safe in this case

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Just put on a Black Otterbox Commuter. While it's a bit bulkier than i'd like, I know it's super safe in this case

like i said maybe i will, but that will be in the future,

So far i will just use these UAG cases, if they ever come atleast D:

If anyone from europe had a UAG case, and knows how long it took to ship please tell.

jsanta11

Jan 22, 2008
Bayamon
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Get my UAG tomorrow can't wait, love the style and look plus not so bulky 2 day shipping for free can't complain.. :)... Otterbox was to bulky for me

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Get my UAG tomorrow can't wait, love the style and look plus not so bulky 2 day shipping for free can't complain.. :)... Otterbox was to bulky for me

How do you know you will get it tomorow?
Shipping only goes up to america?

Well i guess its due your pretty close to USA :p
Meh i cant wait realy, Almost 2 weeks now :(
Wednesday = 2 weeks :(

if anyone in europe reads these please say when you had it :p aprox ofc.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
I just had a commuter on my note and while I like the look and feel of knowing I was fully protected with the otterbox I think I will be going with the UaG. I just like the design of it and you don't see too many people walking around with them.

I will be getting the slate/blue model.

Last edited:

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
I just had a commuter on my note and while I like the look and feel of knowing I was fully protected with the otterbox I think I will be going with the UaG. I just like the design of it and you don't see too many people walking around with them.

I will be getting the slate/blue model.

Ye i kinda like the case for the Note 2,
Its not like the same style, but it is still very nice case, Sure when you do the orange microfiber between it.

Goodluck on the case bud ^^
You americans are so lucky XD such smaller shipping times hehe :p

Best regards,
DrLuigi

Reactions: CB620

jsanta11

Jan 22, 2008
Bayamon
Google Pixel 6 Pro
How do you know you will get it tomorow?
Shipping only goes up to america?

Well i guess its due your pretty close to USA :p
Meh i cant wait realy, Almost 2 weeks now :(
Wednesday = 2 weeks :(

if anyone in europe reads these please say when you had it :p aprox ofc.

I live in new York got it within two days and loving it looks sick and feels good plus love the orange Color, going to order another one soon.. Idk mines shipped out of new York weird it said expected deliver March 12th but got it Saturday I placed the order Thursday night...

Sg3 4.2.2.....

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Got it today, Very happy with the case,
But WHAT THE ****,

The post asked 31 euro (45-50 dollars) for shipping taxs. for 2 cases. wtf, Thats why i hate to import stuff sometime its nothing, sometime ALOT they even opened the package and opened my case to look lol.

Pard0ned

Oct 14, 2010
Belfast
Got it today, Very happy with the case,
But WHAT THE ****,

The post asked 31 euro (45-50 dollars) for shipping taxs. for 2 cases. wtf, Thats why i hate to import stuff sometime its nothing, sometime ALOT they even opened the package and opened my case to look lol.

Did the same with me. Furious I was. Extortionate charges for nothing.

Great cases though.

How did they mark your packages? They marked mine as "other" which meant I got charged. If they had marked gift (as it was under £35 they could have done) I wouldn't have been charged anything. I then emailed them and they apologised and said it shouldn't have been and it won't happen again. Bought another case, and the exact thing happened again.

I was so annoyed. Completely their fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Dr.Luigi

Dec 29, 2011
Did the same with me. Furious I was. Extortionate charges for nothing.

Great cases though.

How did they mark your packages? They marked mine as "other" which meant I got charged. If they had marked gift (as it was under £35 they could have done) I wouldn't have been charged anything. I then emailed them and they apologised and said it shouldn't have been and it won't happen again. Bought another case, and the exact thing happened again.

I was so annoyed. Completely their fault.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Well not realy since they just sell it i guess,
It isnt a gift so idk if they should mark it as that ^^
of course most other webshops do this tho. marking as gift.

Slomodrop

Mar 4, 2013
In my opinion i think so far the UAG is alot more nice and maybe a bit less thick,
But maybe the Commutor is alot more Durable and better against drops? But also a bit uglyer than the UAG.

I am still struggling just due i think it has to be good against drops, Due thats whats a case is for obviously.

I have dropped my s3 in UAG more times than I can count on hard surfaces like concrete or tile. It's never failed me, although I do have an OB defender for camping trips mostly for the screen protector and holster.

dorianmayers

May 16, 2012
Well I had the commuter for just about 5 months. It was still as all hell at first but after a while it loosened up but was still not perfect, so much so hat when I try to press a power button on a regular s3 with no otterbox I'm ready to give it a death grip lol (I almost dropped a guys phone like that trying to smash the power button like i would usually have to). After a while I started to notice some shredding on the volume rocker and then the other day this happened.

20130308_001746.jpg

20130308_001811.jpg

20130308_001804.jpg

it seems to also be happening with the volume button

20130308_001822.jpg

I had to order a case and i was ready to reorder the commuter but I decided I would look around first and found the UAG and at first was skeptical to order it but after seeing this video i am sold (skip to 0:56 for drop test)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX8k99hk3Sw

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the commuter. Highly recommend it for protection. It has saved my phone from so many drops.I think some people exaggerate on how hard the buttons are to press. Yes you have to press them a little harder but not much. I just ordered a Uag case since i heard so many great things about them. Either way I don't you can go wrong with either case.

Sent from Flip's S3
    Great Chooses my friend has the OtterBox Commutor case its a great case havent seen the UAG gear case but my self i own the OtterBox Defender case because i got it free with my phone
    I personally am a otterbox fan I currently have the following otterbox cases for the s3

-gun metal grey / white defender

-orange / black / realtree camo defender

-red / black defender

-white / gunmetal commuter

-purple / pink commuter

I switch these cases out like switchimg out my underwear
    YES THE COMMUTER CASE at first is hard to press the buttoms but the more you use it the better and easier it becomes

I also love otterbox customer service always friendly and have no problem exchanging out your case for you or trying to work out something
    Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3
    Ok so I think I got a defective UAG case. The power button on the case gets stuck when I push a little too hard which sends my phone in a bunch of bootloops. Contacted the seller and hopefully I get a replacement

Sent from Flip's S3

With the case off press the button outward from the inside, slip the phone in and press the power button again, thats to line up where it should be. Thats how i use to do mine then it worked great after

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using neighbors wifi :p