[Q] Help! Screen flickering and blue stripe down side

Search This thread

orphy15

Jun 7, 2013
Well my 3 year old was using my xoom tablet as his Nextbook tablet is being sent out to be repaired(so this is the second one he has broken!). I believe he has dropped it and now we are getting a screen that is flickering and is showing a blue stripe down the left side. The screen pulls up and I am able to swipe around but its very touchie. Not responsive at times. I did a hard reboot(vol up + power) and no luck. I also reset the whole tablet. I've also plugged in the tablet to the tv via hdmi and it works fine using a bluetooth key board. So my question is will replacing the screen make this tablet fully functional again. I don't believe the software has any issues. Thoughts?
thanks for any help!!!!

orphy15

Jun 7, 2013
From what i've read I believe the digitizer will fix the touch screen but with a replacement digitizer is the blue stripe down the side also fixed? the top of the screen seems out of wack also? anyone run across this before. thanks

grncherry

Mar 14, 2011
From what i've read I believe the digitizer will fix the touch screen but with a replacement digitizer is the blue stripe down the side also fixed? the top of the screen seems out of wack also? anyone run across this before. thanks

Yup, once, it has been 6 months since my nephew has touched a tablet without close supervision.