[Q] What is a good Blue tooth Speaker?

Search This thread

greenbay

Apr 20, 2012
I ended up getting this Anker Portable Speaker after some great reviews on Amazon. I've had a couple generic no names that broke or blew out quickly.

http://www.ianker.com/product/99ANSP9901-BSA

The MP141 is very nice looking and super easy to pair. The speaker is very heavy-indicating a large magnet, and has a nice matte rubber exterior. There is a micro USB charge port, aux stereo jack and a charge light indicater. Apart from thevolume switch, the buttons operate the speaker. Volume up/ down and a play/pause. All the parts appear to be of the highest quality. Most importantly, the sound is very rich. I use it in my office which is about 12 X 12. I can walk out about 15-20 without losing connection. What's more impressive is I can still hear it well out side. Unfortunately the unit does distort at the highest volume- but most speakers do. The company boasts 20hrs. I have used mine for over 25 and is still going!
The speaker also has a microphone to answer incoming calls. The mic. quality is good and almost none of callers could recognize I was using the speaker. There is also a sound that indicates a successful connection or incoming call. One drawback is that for some reason, this notification sound is always super loud-regardless of the volume seting on the speaker. It can be startling if you have the speaker volume low. Overall I am very pleased with this product and feel comfortable recommending it to anyone looking for a high quality speaker without the high end price.
tynymyga.jpg

puru9etu.jpg
7ydy5yze.jpg

8u3uhyza.jpg
ynyzynu9.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS3 using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: jonwb
I bought a Jawbone Big Jambox about 1 year ago. Absolutely LOVE it! Incredible sound, battery life, call quality on both ends, etc. There isn't a single thing I can say bad, or even slightly negative, about it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has $300 to spend on bluetooth speaker!

SwiftKey'ed from my White Sprint Note 3 via XDA Premium

Reactions: unholyfatman

greenbay

Apr 20, 2012
Did I mention this one is only $35?
I think it's a great product for the price. :sly:

drag&fly

Nov 19, 2013
I bought a Jawbone Big Jambox about 1 year ago. Absolutely LOVE it! Incredible sound, battery life, call quality on both ends, etc. There isn't a single thing I can say bad, or even slightly negative, about it. I highly recommend it to anyone who has $300 to spend on bluetooth speaker!

+ 1!! Terrific speaker..

Roundtableprez

Jun 27, 2011
The sol deck is my favorite by far. Made by sol republic with motorola. It has an audio in port and audio out port comes with aux cable. The look and feel of it is great, and sounds amazing. It actually has bass too. Also the connectivity is very long range

Sent from my SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

hd2Raz

Jan 4, 2011
Glendale, AZ
I'm using a regular Jambox (not mini, not BIG) and I really like it. Honestly the sound is great for it's size and the battery is superb. Paid 85.00 for it on eBay.

NZtechfreak

Sep 5, 2008
There are now a LOT of players in the bluetooth speaker market.

If I were buying now I would make sure I got one with bluetooth 3.0 or higher, Apt-X, and ideally NFC also. Some degree of protection from the elements is included with an increasing number of these too, well worthwhile if you can get it with the other features and within your budget.

Braven have some very nice ones, I have the 850 which has Apt-X, BT 3.0, 20 hour battery life (or less if you want to use it to charge devices, it has a 8,800mA battery inside that charges at 2A), stellar build quality, very good sound. They also have a smaller form factor one, the 710 that adds the NFC and splash/dust resistance.

I also have the Loewe Speaker 2Go, which is the best I have ever heard and has BT 3.0 and Apt-X and NFC and an 8 hour battery (again one that can be used to charge other devices, although that is less practical than with the 850 as the battery capacity is much smaller).

Ichiduo

Apr 29, 2008
there's two which i've purchased. the first is the tdk life on record:

http://www.amazon.com/TDK-Life-Record-Wireless-Weatherproof/dp/B008VMT2HQ

41buGlh8%2BLL.jpg

this speaker gets LOUD and doesn't distort in the higher volumes. for the price, it's a VERY GOOD speaker. it's weatherproof so if you're active and need something that can be taken to the beach or beside the pool, this is the speaker for you.

it has an audio in port for non bluetooth devices, a usb port for charging your phone / mp3 player, and is usable as a speaker phone. even though it's small in size, the speaker has some weight... which is generally a sign of good materials used and good construction.

i would've kept that speaker if i never heard my current speaker. the sony srs-btx500:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRSBTX500-Portable-Bluetooth-Wireless/dp/B00B2G3R5G

41LgursdxvL.jpg

i don't need my speaker to be outside, it's just indoors. as far as sound... this has enough bass to make it enjoyable, without it being overpowered. with some speakers it's just ALL bass. you get no lows, mids, or highs. you can hear everything on the sony. there's different audio modes (normal, bass boost, and bass boost w / surround). depending on what i'm listening to, i switch the sound mode.

the speaker has nfc, it's bluetooth compatible (of course), has an audio in port for non bluetooth devices, has speaker phone capabilities, and also a usb port for charging your phone / mp3 player.

the one thing i LOVE about the speaker is the surround sound. no matter where i place it, i hear equal sound in both ears. normally when you place the speaker on the left hand side, you can tell that's where the speaker is. with the sony, i can place it on the left or right hand side of my desk (where i keep it) and the sound is equal. really amazing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I ended up getting this Anker Portable Speaker after some great reviews on Amazon. I've had a couple generic no names that broke or blew out quickly.

http://www.ianker.com/product/99ANSP9901-BSA

The MP141 is very nice looking and super easy to pair. The speaker is very heavy-indicating a large magnet, and has a nice matte rubber exterior. There is a micro USB charge port, aux stereo jack and a charge light indicater. Apart from thevolume switch, the buttons operate the speaker. Volume up/ down and a play/pause. All the parts appear to be of the highest quality. Most importantly, the sound is very rich. I use it in my office which is about 12 X 12. I can walk out about 15-20 without losing connection. What's more impressive is I can still hear it well out side. Unfortunately the unit does distort at the highest volume- but most speakers do. The company boasts 20hrs. I have used mine for over 25 and is still going!
    The speaker also has a microphone to answer incoming calls. The mic. quality is good and almost none of callers could recognize I was using the speaker. There is also a sound that indicates a successful connection or incoming call. One drawback is that for some reason, this notification sound is always super loud-regardless of the volume seting on the speaker. It can be startling if you have the speaker volume low. Overall I am very pleased with this product and feel comfortable recommending it to anyone looking for a high quality speaker without the high end price.
    tynymyga.jpg

puru9etu.jpg
    7ydy5yze.jpg

8u3uhyza.jpg
    ynyzynu9.jpg

Sent from my Samsung GS3 using Tapatalk