Galaxy Note 3 or iPad Air Charger

Search This thread

aami.aami

Apr 17, 2012
hi. the battery charger that i got with my LG optimu G Pro is ****. its just now that i checked that i have been deceived :(

its chinese copy and its only 0.2A charger... :(

now i know the reason why my phone charges soooo slow...

anyways. i think Note 3 and iPad air charger are 2A and 2.4A. so can i use iPad or Note 3 charger to charge my phone? will that be ok?
any one here using that?
thanks

ivoh95

Mar 14, 2012
If youre tech savy you can make your own,you just need a switchmode 5v regulator (they usually put out up to 3 amps) and you put a resistor across the data pins (i think 100 ohm) and itll charge the phone as fast as it can safely charge. I made my own charger for the car and the phone gets fully charged in about an hour and a half. (With screen on and playing Bluetooth music). Other wise if you buy a charger, get as many amps as you can. Atleast 1.5+ . and to make the phone charge in AC mode if it only says USB you need a resistor across the data pins.

mk3

Aug 1, 2008
GMT -8
Thats funny... my G Pro came with a 1.8a LG charger, my G2 came with a 1.2a.

Yeah you'll be fine. The "extra" amperage in the charger is available capacity that your phone can draw from, it will regulate itself but that can also depend on the charger and how they pin the USB. Its different than if you have extra volts (like a 10vdc charger which would provide too high of a voltage and damage electronics). I usually charge all my phones at when I get home with my wife's iPad charger super fast. Likewise you can use your LG charger to charge the iPad but will be slower since it has less amp capacity to supply. Part of the reason they provide the bigger charger is to sustain battery level while using the device (It should be large enough that the battery doesn't drain while your using the device while plugged into the charger).

Most computer USB ports typically provide .5a of power and will be your slowest charging option, at best you get a newer laptop with "high capacity" ports and it provides only 1.0a.

Last edited:

stfly

Jul 1, 2007
I've been using an iPad 1st gen charger with GPro since day one, been working flawlessly for 4 months now. Charges fast.