Xoom One-Click Root/Unroot (3g and Wifi) Temporarily Unavailable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

opsahl

Feb 19, 2011
Wifi Only rooted, XP PRO CAUTION

Wifi only, root done. I had to run it twice, the second time leave it unplugged for the steps that worked the first time.

I had trouble with losing command prompt window focus after step 5, so unknowingly some of my steps didn't run the first time.

XP PRO (and others maybe?) WORD OF CAUTION!!!! You may have to quickly "refocus" the command prompt windows that pop up AS SOON AS THE POP UP, so that the commands work. Recommend closing all other programs before running this as well.

Great work! Thanks!~

Tyler Opsahl :D

Branj812

Sep 27, 2010
I downloaded the latest one click root file you put up with 1.3.1 but it wont open it says file is to big.

Branj812

Sep 27, 2010
yeah. the link you put on the last page. it downloads but then if i try to open it to run the the one click root, it says this file is too big for aol. and it shows it as a RAR file in my computer. not an application

Saintfyre

Feb 24, 2011
Portland, Oregon
huh? did you do it on your computer?

Sent from my Xoom using XDA App

This made me chuckle.

But I just wanted to post this because I was having serious issues using this tool, I had used it once but soft bricked my device, had to restore it back to HRI39, then upgraded OTA to HRI66. Then downloaded the most current tool and for the life of me could not get it to work.

Long story of frustration and tears short, I had to register a free account w/ MotoDev (motorolas developers portal) and download the Motorola 5.0 drivers to get SDK and this tool to recognize my device.

I'm a rooted happy camper once again. Love this tool, thank you!

EDIT: As a side note a lot of issues I was experiencing also is i'm using Windows 7 64bit. And , now I know, you should right click whatever it you're running and select 'Run as Administrator'. That cleared up a lot of heartache.

Last edited:

fsunoles157

Mar 31, 2011
Philadelphia
www.coreylees.com
haha i even put in there make sure you have the motorola drivers! weird i didnt have to creat an account to get the drivers motorola.com? so the version i just put up there worked for you?
This made me chuckle.

But I just wanted to post this because I was having serious issues using this tool, I had used it once but soft bricked my device, had to restore it back to HRI39, then upgraded OTA to HRI66. Then downloaded the most current tool and for the life of me could not get it to work.

Long story of frustration and tears short, I had to register a free account w/ MotoDev (motorolas developers portal) and download the Motorola 5.0 drivers to get SDK and this tool to recognize my device.

I'm a rooted happy camper once again. Love this tool, thank you!

EDIT: As a side note a lot of issues I was experiencing also is i'm using Windows 7 64bit. And , now I know, you should right click whatever it you're running and select 'Run as Administrator'. That cleared up a lot of heartache.

mutiny

Aug 13, 2007
NYC
I just rooted my Xoom since I posted last so I didn't get to read all the new posts. I also used the No unroot package (2nd link) in the OP. I had two Xooms coming in the mail and one came in today (yay!)

Anyway, I see the SuperUser app and everything went great. No errors. The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't pick up my 32gb microSD card inserted. Any ideas?

fsunoles157

Mar 31, 2011
Philadelphia
www.coreylees.com
you need the kernel read the kernel forum motorola doesnt support stock sdcard yet
I just rooted my Xoom since I posted last so I didn't get to read all the new posts. I also used the No unroot package (2nd link) in the OP. I had two Xooms coming in the mail and one came in today (yay!)

Anyway, I see the SuperUser app and everything went great. No errors. The only thing I don't understand is why it doesn't pick up my 32gb microSD card inserted. Any ideas?

Reactions: mutiny

blkbeltkid17

Jan 11, 2011
Norfolk, Virginia USA
welll DARN i quit i was trying to root my xoom through the ADB shell and HOLY hell did i get lost and confused LOL after i got through sdk DL and java DL it still didnt work dont know whats going on (only tried adb so it didnt delete all my data) but i am trying one click now report back in a few

blkbeltkid17

Jan 11, 2011
Norfolk, Virginia USA
hummm i d k i ran the program and unlocked it again and ran the whole program and it pushed everything this time and i have super user
the only snag i ran into this time was step 9 the scan.ko was not a recognized operation

mutiny

Aug 13, 2007
NYC
Well, that was unproductive. Lol. I tried this to get to this part but all I got after the "adb reboot bootloader" part (first step) was an Android with a "!" on his tummy.

I tried to do the "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" part anyway and all I got on my prompt was "<waiting for device>".

I tried to Google a complete noob guide but this blog's approach makes no sense: http://theunlockr.com/2011/04/15/how-to-enable-the-microsd-card-slot-on-your-motorola-xoom/

Their video is equally as vague. Even with my background in computer science, I feel like I'm back to square one here. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MOD Edit: This may not be compatible with UK models and may result in a brick. Proceed with caution!
    Once this issue has been resolved, PM me (willverduzco) and I will remove this warning.

I am posting this for jwtyler. All questions, comments, and thanks should be directed to him.

UPDATE: This tool is temporarily unavailable. It will be back as soon as jwtyler has time to incorporate a warning about the EU issues and apply a few fixes.

Xoom One Click by Jason Tyler

This is one of my first contributions to the community although I have read and used XDA for years.

If you want to know if you can trust me or my tools check out my upcoming Android App Inventor book on Amazon from John Wiley and Sons.

You can also check my heavy involvement over at the Google App Inventor support forums where I am a community liaison and PowerUser. Hal Abelson will vouch for me. (Heh Heh, Hal will kill me. )

This is an all in one package for Unlock, Root and UnRoot and ReLock of the Xoom MZ600.

It is a GUI front end for the adb commands that are needed.

To use this tool:

1. You MUST have your tablet in Debug mode.

2. You DO NOT have to download the SDK or any images.

3. YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL THE USUAL RISK.

Like ALL rooting there is a risk of bricking your device. It’s a small risk but a risk you need to be aware of.

You WILL void your warranty using this tool.

This tool is easy. I have rooted unrooted and rerooted my Xoom umpteen times today testing it.

NOTE:

The WIFI version tools will only work for unlocking and rooting. I do not have the images for the back to stock on the Wifi.

There are two versions of this tool:

1. Root AND Unroot and back to stock. This one is large because of the stock system.img clocking in at 200+mb

2. The NO UNROOT version. This is lots smaller. It is only about 19mb. You can NOT UNROOT with this tool. (Well, you can unroot but not relock. )

Instructions:
    1. Unzip the tool and all of the folders and files into a directory. Preferably a folder on a root drive. (i.e. c:\xoom )

2. Run the Xoom One Click EXE tool and follow the instructions. Read the prompts carefully.

WARNING: WIFI Root is untested as I do not have a Wifi. Let me know how it works. Same process as 3G I just cant test it.

Download Links:

Temporarily Unavailable
    One day warning.

I will be taking this utility down until it encompasses the newest fixes and adequately warns about the EU issue.

I would have taken this down sooner except I was taking a disconnected writing /teaching break and didnt see the issues.
    worked on my WIFI-Xoom on the first shot, thanks man!!

Now I wonder what the best app is for backups... Titanium doesn't seem to support honeycomb (apps list is empty save for some random settings)

1. Uninstall titanium
    2. Install stericson busybody installer from market
    3.choose the beta busybody.
    4. Install titanium.
    5. All elements should appear.

Show of hands for new version

I think I can make the next version pull the user data from common folders and store it locally i.e. a data backup if that is something that would interest the community.
    Try this:

1. Open a CMD prompt.
    2. Switch to the directory where you unzipped the RootMyXoom and all its files.
    3. type: adb devices
    4. Hit enter.
    5. See if it lists your device.