[Themed App] ES File Explorer - Red Themed

Search This thread

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna
Hi guys,

Inspired by the stunning ICS Domination Theme created by Vertumus and addicted to the Blood Mode i started theming my every-day-use Apps to Red.
As first App i have chosen ES File Explorer (by EStrongs Inc.), its a free app and a pretty handy explorer.
(Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop)
Maybe someone else also likes the Red Touch so im happy to share the modded APK with the community.

Installation Notice:
Uninstall your previous version of the ES File Explorer before installing this one!

Have Fun and keep on modding! :cool:

Screenshot:
attachment.php

Download:
See Attached Files

Edit:
2012-02-28 - Updated to Version 1.6.1.2

Attachments

• es_file_explorer_red_screenshot.jpg
    es_file_explorer_red_screenshot.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 8,559
  • com.estrongs.android.pop-1.apk
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,316
Last edited:

SPACE ALIEN

Nov 27, 2011
Clamart, 92140
WoooooooooooooooooW

WoooooooooooooooooW man !!!!

Exactly what i was lookin' for !!!

Just have to install the apk, or have to push it in system/app?

THANX BUTTON PUSHED :D

Waitin' for your answer, thanx again my friend ! Great work !!!

:):):)

EDIT

DONE ! just installed the apk. JUST SPLENDIIIIIIIID !!! I love it man!
Pretty pretty pretty job!!!

Would you be agree for me to share YOUR link in my thread, please...?

Thanx in advance,

PS: Works perfectly on ICS 4.0.3 !!!

Last edited:

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna
Just install it as usual. (remember to uninstall your previous version of es file explorer)

Edit:
Nice to hear you like it mate. Share it wherever you like :)

Last edited:
Reactions: SPACE ALIEN

gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

Nov 16, 2011
Banja Luka
the mistake you made here is a big one. You themed the apk instead of making a flashable themed .zip.

so now people have to delete their app to install yours... and when a new version of that app comes out and they update, it will all get back to default, and you will have to edit a new apk on and on and on... waste of time :D

instead make a vrtheme zip that people can flash , that will be universal, i.e you won't have to theme it for each update, just once :)

hope i made sense :D

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna
the mistake you made here is a big one. You themed the apk instead of making a flashable themed .zip.

so now people have to delete their app to install yours... and when a new version of that app comes out and they update, it will all get back to default, and you will have to edit a new apk on and on and on... waste of time :D

instead make a vrtheme zip that people can flash , that will be universal, i.e you won't have to theme it for each update, just once :)

hope i made sense :D

You are right about the VRTheme script mate and its the "common theming procedure" but how can someone without cwm install the theme?
With a fully apk file you are able to install it on a stock phone.
(as side note i have noticed that some png sizes changed from the last es file explorer version to the newest so the cwm zip would also needs to be readjusted when this happens or am i wrong?)

anyway thanks a lot for all advices, allways learning here :)

Last edited:

gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

Nov 16, 2011
Banja Luka
You are right about the VRTheme script mate and its the "common theming procedure" but how can someone without cwm install the theme?
(as side note i have noticed that some png sizes changed from the last es file explorer version to the newest so the cwm zip would also needs to be readjusted when this happens or am i wrong?)

I get what you mean mate but see it this way :D

If a person doesn't have CWM, then they can't flash Vert's theme anyway,especially not the Blood Mode.
And I doubt anyone would want a red app that stands out from the rest of the theme for that matter :) ( though I may be wrong :D )

Anyway, it was just an advice mate :D

PS. File sizes are not important, changing a .png name or something would make it unusable. So once a new version comes out, you just have to check if the file structure is the same, if it is, then you have nothing to do, if it is not, you just add new edited pngs to the zip, make it a new version and upload :) Fast and reliable :)

Great job on theming the app there :)

Reactions: clonednull

clonednull

Mar 30, 2009
Vienna

If a person doesn't have CWM, then they can't flash Vert's theme anyway,especially not the Blood Mode.
And I doubt anyone would want a red app that stands out from the rest of the theme for that matter :) ( though I may be wrong :D )

PS. File sizes are not important, changing a .png name or something would make it unusable. So once a new version comes out, you just have to check if the file structure is the same, if it is, then you have nothing to do, if it is not, you just add new edited pngs to the zip, make it a new version and upload :) Fast and reliable :)

Youre again right with CWM and Verts theme + Blood Mode but as you allready mentioned maybe someone wants a red explorer anyway :)
I appreciative your advice about VRTheming and will try to get more knowlegde about it (thx for pm).
As for file size, i think i have used the wrong words.
I didnt meant the "file size on storage", i meant the image dimensions. When they change i will for sure have to addopt the VRTheme flash file or otherwise the app page layout can get deformed..?

Thanks and regards

Reactions: gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

Nov 16, 2011
Banja Luka
Youre again right with CWM and Verts theme + Blood Mode but as you allready mentioned maybe someone wants a red explorer anyway :)
I appreciative your advice about VRTheming and will try to get more knowlegde about it (thx for pm).
I didnt meant the "file size on storage", i meant the image dimensions. When they change i will for sure have to addopt the VRTheme flash file or otherwise the app page layout can get deformed..?

Thanks and regards

Oh yes, that can be a serious problem, didn't quite understand you the first time :D
But again, it's just a few edits, shouldn't be too hard to fix if it comes to that :D

Happy theming :D

ivandelrosario

Jul 29, 2010
Regina
thanks! i love red themes!

but i think grandmaster is right, i think it would be easier for you to just create a cwm-flashable theme and just edit that if future versions of es explorer comes, instead of editing an entire apk.

and for the user's point of view, it would be easier for them as they wont have to uninstall and reinstall, and then again configure their own settings for the app.

Reactions: gr4ndm4st3r_bl4ck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

Inspired by the stunning ICS Domination Theme created by Vertumus and addicted to the Blood Mode i started theming my every-day-use Apps to Red.
    As first App i have chosen ES File Explorer (by EStrongs Inc.), its a free app and a pretty handy explorer.
    (Market Link: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop)
    Maybe someone else also likes the Red Touch so im happy to share the modded APK with the community.

Installation Notice:
    Uninstall your previous version of the ES File Explorer before installing this one!

Have Fun and keep on modding! :cool:

Screenshot:
    attachment.php

Download:
    See Attached Files

Edit:
    2012-02-28 - Updated to Version 1.6.1.2
    Just install it as usual. (remember to uninstall your previous version of es file explorer)

Edit:
    Nice to hear you like it mate. Share it wherever you like :)

Thanks and regards
    thanks! i love red themes!

but i think grandmaster is right, i think it would be easier for you to just create a cwm-flashable theme and just edit that if future versions of es explorer comes, instead of editing an entire apk.

and for the user's point of view, it would be easier for them as they wont have to uninstall and reinstall, and then again configure their own settings for the app.