Project kitchen sink (cm9,miui,cna,aokp,gummy, plus tons of options) v2.0 5/3/12

Search This thread

Erebus671

Jul 4, 2011
Yigo, Guam
What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
Full cm9 option
Full miui option
Custom build :D
Many kernels
Various boot animations
Couple camera apps
Range of fonts
Gapps
Custom regional GPS files
4 launchers
2 2d lib sets
Various build.props/tweaks
5 wallpapers
Ics reloaded
Google maps selectable with street view
File managers
Flash
Genie widget
Google gallery
3 music apps
Voice search
3 keyboard options
2 tts options
Much much more coming.

What's gotta be done?
Testing
More stuff
Cna
Aokp
translations
Polish
More tweaks

requests
htc multtask
modded google maps
-Neutrino Keyboard.
-AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
-Tablet mod
-MIUI lockscreen
-Fingerprint Navigation.
-Apex Launcher
-ICS Wallpapers (ill try to upload .apk)

Also requests are nice especially during the building period

I've got two requests for you. I'm not sure if it's been requested, but when you finally put this out, the latest version of Neutrino would be nice. :)

And my other request involves the topic that I bolded in your post. If you could find a way to include Guam in the GPS files, that would be nice. :)

kenyloveg

Jul 22, 2007
Shanghai
I know that in at least CM9 (and I would imagine the others), you can set the backlight down to 01 by editing the settings under display -> automatic backlight -> 'edit other levels...'

I was jumped to steven's MIUI V4 which is based on joker's CM9 from CM7 beta2.
Apparently it's not available in MIUI V4. The back light behaves like lowest after turn it down, while actualy it is "10" if you use adjbrightness to check the value.
Thanks.

Malaquai

Aug 21, 2011
i can't get it boot, i red that if i didn't come from ics rom i have to install it twice, the second time without wiping, but when i install the rom the second time selecting 'non wipe' the installer wipe the system and the rom didn't boot...

After finish aroma installer, don't reboot, install a cm9 kernel and then reboot.

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
i did a manual logcat through terminal emulator. hope this helps, same setup as before. this time the touchscreen worked (flashed cm9 1.0 v3 kernel then wiped it, started aroma installer) the notification bar worked but the rest of the screen is blacked out. i am sending this from my phone via ubuntu so i hope it uploaded properly.

edit: logcat is too large.. 477 kb i think. max aloud is 256kb... sorry

Last edited:

KSoD

Feb 22, 2011
Buffalo
I am downloading this now and about to install it in a bit. But for those that want to post a log but cant, try using this site:

http://sharetext.org/

Copy the log there and it will create a URL for it. That way Joker can get his log and you dont have to worry about the size.

milestonefail

Sep 10, 2010
Toronto
i did a manual logcat through terminal emulator. hope this helps, same setup as before. this time the touchscreen worked (flashed cm9 1.0 v3 kernel then wiped it, started aroma installer) the notification bar worked but the rest of the screen is blacked out. i am sending this from my phone via ubuntu so i hope it uploaded properly.

edit: logcat is too large.. 477 kb i think. max aloud is 256kb... sorry

I believe you can get around that by changing the file extension to .pdf or something else. Or gzip it maybe.

Sass86

Jul 2, 2011
Boston, MA
Your welcome. Glad I can help in some way.

Joker ran the Kitchen Sink installer and must say everything is going strong for me.

I did not wipe and still have everything working as expected. Great job!

Sent from the Matrix on my Atrix using Jokersax CM9 ICS Unofficial running XDA Premium.

Have you tried mixing customized options?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
I see that the Neutrino keyboard is a request.
Therefore I'll make Joker's job a tad easier :)

Attached is the qHD keyboard compatible for ICS with the WP7 theme from Neutrino.

All credit in making the original keyboard goes to gh123man for the qHD mod and the WP7 keyboard developer, as I simply used it to theme the qHD mod.

Notify me of any issues.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: Just realised that this ISN'T WP7 themed... but more Neutrino themed. I may need some time to get the WP7 theme up.
But still, give the one attached a go and send me a screeny as that'll help me theme.

That a boy!!!!!

I feel like this request was especially for me since i asked for it for so long! lol

Great Job!!

Havent tested yet (cant till i get home)....but still....great job, lol

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
OK so this is a testing phase. Which means I need the installer tested. What works and doesn't with the installer

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
So far Im have no install issues, or problems with the installer.

Aroma touch calibrator worked better for me on this rom then it has with Nottachtrix,

Is there anything i should try (like switching base roms) that could potentially cause an issue that id be able to report?

MrPerson

Sep 25, 2011
Not sure if this is just me or not, because I haven't looked through too many pages, but wifi won't turn on at all. This wouldn't be a very big deal, but I only have 2 GB of data a month so I like to try to stay on wifi as much as possible. Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Everything else has been working great, thank you so much for all the work that you have put into this!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Not sure if this is just me or not, because I haven't looked through too many pages, but wifi won't turn on at all. This wouldn't be a very big deal, but I only have 2 GB of data a month so I like to try to stay on wifi as much as possible. Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Everything else has been working great, thank you so much for all the work that you have put into this!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using XDA

Flash a kernel for now. Currently the project is going through a major overhaul.

Reactions: MrPerson

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
I see that the Neutrino keyboard is a request.
Therefore I'll make Joker's job a tad easier :)

Attached is the qHD keyboard compatible for ICS with the WP7 theme from Neutrino.

All credit in making the original keyboard goes to gh123man for the qHD mod and the WP7 keyboard developer, as I simply used it to theme the qHD mod.

Notify me of any issues.

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: Just realised that this ISN'T WP7 themed... but more Neutrino themed. I may need some time to get the WP7 theme up.
But still, give the one attached a go and send me a screeny as that'll help me theme.

Downloaded .apk and clicked on it to install, errored out saying "X Application not installed"

Do we need to flash in cwm (or twrp in my case)??

sendust7

Oct 24, 2011
California
Kitchen sink Atrix test build v1.00 with Ubuntu Maverick preinstalled:

From beta 0.5.0, install CM9, keep apps, no data wipe, GPS North America, install all launchers, CM9 boot animation, stock MIUI KB, File Manager, Google TTS, stock CM9 Music, GAPPS, wallpaper, alternate 2D (no), install all available apps and reload ICS

Reboot. Select Apex Launcher and poke around. Reboot for good measure.

Launch preinstalled Ubuntu 10.10 error free. That was impressive considering the complexity of Joker’s build. And Android VNC client kicked off GNOME very fast! Then launched VNC Viewer on XP to display GNOME…

On Terminal Emulator:
# su
# cd /sdcard/ubuntu
# sh ubuntu.sh
>960x540 (screen size in pixels)
>2 (GNOME)

Then on XP, launch vnc-4_1_3-x86_win32_viewer.exe, enter phone IP address, password “ubuntu” and... voila, GNOME is displayed on XP with full KB and mouse. Of course things were slow and buggy on GNOME (and over wireless). So I ended up with LXDE (see picture).

Sweet. Thanks Joker.

Attachments

• VNC-4_1_3-x86_win32_viewer.exe.jpg
    VNC-4_1_3-x86_win32_viewer.exe.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 285
Reactions: nerfman100

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Kitchen sink Atrix test build v1.00 with Ubuntu Maverick preinstalled:

From beta 0.5.0, install CM9, keep apps, no data wipe, GPS North America, install all launchers, CM9 boot animation, stock MIUI KB, File Manager, Google TTS, stock CM9 Music, GAPPS, wallpaper, alternate 2D (no), install all available apps and reload ICS

Reboot. Select Apex Launcher and poke around. Reboot for good measure.

Launch preinstalled Ubuntu 10.10 error free. That was impressive considering the complexity of Joker’s build. And Android VNC client kicked off GNOME very fast! Then launched VNC Viewer on XP to display GNOME…

On Terminal Emulator:
# su
# cd /sdcard/ubuntu
# sh ubuntu.sh
>960x540 (screen size in pixels)
>2 (GNOME)

Then on XP, launch vnc-4_1_3-x86_win32_viewer.exe, enter phone IP address, password “ubuntu” and... voila, GNOME is displayed on XP with full KB and mouse. Of course things were slow and buggy on GNOME (and over wireless). So I ended up with LXDE (see picture).

Sweet. Thanks Joker.

.....very jealous! lol

Tried to install ubuntu using the installer in the market.

Even bought a new 16gb sdcard to host it on.

Have terminal and VCN.

Still cant get it to work :(

I need to practice linux more.

Have ubuntu dual booting with windows on my dell laptop, which is awesome!

Want it on my phone too!! lol

If you have instructions for me or more then one answer on how i can do this, pm me so we dont clutter up this thread :)

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    no wiping before flashing kitchen sink
    the files are need for the touchscreen to work

What is project kitchen sink?

Its cm9, miui, cna, and aokp in one installer with all the options, tweaks, modifications, and changes you could ever want.

Best part is you get to choose what you want and don't want. You can even change options and try different setups anytime without multiple cwm zips.

What's in it so far?
    The entire kitchen sink

What's gotta be done?
    Testing
    More stuff
    Aokp
    translations
    Polish
    More tweaks

requests
    htc multtask
    modded google maps
    -AOKP on screen navigation buttons.
    -Tablet mod
    -MIUI lockscreen
    -Fingerprint Navigation.

Downloads

cool facts for fellow devs!
    • 900 line installer script
    • 900 line aroma script
    • close to 2000 , ; and other annoying syntax bits that could go wrong
    • 3 full aosp roms
    • total of 700mb shoved into 350mb
    • well over 150 test zips(stupid syntax errors)
    • by far the most bipolar project to date.

Also requests are nice especially during the building period
    Joker and I got Kitchen working well in Photon. I finally got Aroma set up to the Atrix last night (took me 3 days). Time for me to get down to some work on the Atrix Kitchen. :) With any luck, we can get you guys a good, working 3 rom zip sometime today/tonight
    Existing ICS ROMs are diarrhea. I don't understand why you would take on a project this huge if what already exists is broken. Just saying...

Sent from my MB860 CM7 RC1 37p Radio

What is the point of this response? How does this add anything to the development of anything? Why do you care so much about what we are doing with our seemingly "wasted effort"?

Seriously, people....if you have something to assist us with this project, be it a question or comment that is helpful and relevant, we would love to hear it. If all you want to do is dis out work or make irrelevant and unnecessary comments, then save your time and keep it to yourself. I don't care if anyone doesn't like what we are choosing to do here with our work. We have CHOSEN to take on this project as a challenge to see if we can produce something that we thought would be cool. Nobody is requiring anyone to come to this thread.

SO,

Lets get back to work, and all those of you who would like to make irrelevant comments like this guy and the guy he was quoting, please feel free to close your browser or check another thread. Have a great day! :)
    Lots of changes coming, mainly isolating features that don't play well with certain options. However what's planned it

Aokp
    Mystery rom
    Better tweak options with lots and lots of tweaks
    Better base options(keep options that don't work isolated)
    Tablet mod hopefully for all bases
    Card style multitasking option
    More options
    Fixes to prevent issues between bases
    Multi language support

Keep in mind this is a lot of work so not all of it will be done anytime soon.

Any news on these releases ? Will they even happen ?

Patience...Patience

Everyone:
    Gonna really need your help when this next version drops Gonna need you to test different configurations out for us and let us know what happens. Seriously...this next release has the following:
    5 roms
    Extended Battery configuration for each
    7 boot animations
    2 extra File Managers
    Gapps with Face Unlock
    GPS Config
    2 Kernels
    4 Keyboards
    6 Launchers
    Forced/Non-forced Ril
    Alternate 2d libs
    CDMA/GSM (as well as tweaked/non tweaked) props for EACH BUILD
    rotation fix
    tts options
    Wallpaper options
    flash
    genie widget
    gallery
    maps
    music options
    reloaded
    titanium
    voicesearch
    weather
    youtube
    It will LITERALLY have HUNDREDS of possible configurations. There is NO way with the small group of devs we have on this project that we could EVER test all of this and have any time to add in new functions....or even keep our base roms (or this one) current. We'd be spending all day flashing.
    I know it's fun to just set your nicely working phone and wait for our next drop, but if that's what everyone does, this will take FOREVER to get properly set up so that we do not have non-compatible options showing up on roms.
    I know bootanimation loops suck, but they are ESSENTIAL for us to know what options you chose.

THANKS in advance for assisting us in this....and hope you enjoy the Kitchen!