ICS Update coming to O2 Possibly in next week or 2

Search This thread

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/ User called Dylan claims he works for 02 and his mother is on the ICS update for desire s. Could be complete rubbish but Don't understand why he would lie. He says that the update for 02 customers will be out in a week or 2. Let me know what you think

http://blog.htc.com/2012/03/ics/ User called Dylan claims he works for 02 and his mother is on the ICS update for desire s. Could be complete rubbish but Don't understand why he would lie. He says that the update for 02 customers will be out in a week or 2. Let me know what you think

Dunno.

If it's true - awesome! And if it's not, it's just Dylan (don't know the guy - no offence to him) getting his rocks off at the cost of others. The initial reaction to any news that sounds exceptionally good is a mixed bag - some are ecstatic, and believe anything, while the more skeptical start flaming it. Then there are those that don't bother much - because one way or the other it's gonna make its way over to XDA anyway. It'll happen when it happens, and without concrete evidence, like screenshots or even better, pictures of a DS running stock ICS, it's asking for too much faith. Maybe if Dylan or his mom would be so kind as to click a pic or two?? :p:p

But thanks for sharing the news. Just like you, I hope it is true. :) - though my fingers are very, very crossed! ;)

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
My fingers are crossed too but I have a feeling If I asked for a photo he would say that he's not allowed to leak pictures! Who knows. If there is anything you'd think xda would get a leak first! Who knows we'll just have to see :)

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
@ Ben...

You're quite right with that attitude to life. I can't see you so you obviously don't exist either :D

olyloh6696

Oct 20, 2009
Manchester
I hope this turns out to be true...
My friend who has a Sensation got the ICS update 2 weeks ago.

It's so funny how he doesn't give a flying crap about the update at all, and I've been drooling over the release since February!

I asked him what's new about it, and all he could tell me was the new dock bar, and a slight speed improvement...

I felt like crying :( :p

I suspect the update will hut by the end April/ start May. XL users are already receiving it!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
once the update comes won't they be able to use the new kernel to make an also perfect port of the Primo s rom? I like sense 4 and I'd rather have that then sense 3.6 Because its really fast

shrome99

May 11, 2011
Chandigarh
OK, thanks for the news. I highly doubt that carrier locked phones would get the update first, which either means that it's not true, or unlocked phones will get updates even before the 2 week period :eek: It does seem to fall perfectly on the "early May" ETAs given by everyone.

@Bruce Olee - My friend has a Galaxy S II. When i told him that an ICS update is about to arrive, he asked me why he should upgrade. I told him every single feature, but nothing could convince him to upgrade except one which he considers very "useful" - Face Unlock. Now he can't wait for it :p

PS - If you know that dylan guy, get his device and give us a system dump. Would be as good as an RUU.

Reactions: olyloh6696

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
OK, thanks for the news. I highly doubt that carrier locked phones would get the update first, which either means that it's not true, or unlocked phones will get updates even before the 2 week period :eek: It does seem to fall perfectly on the "early May" ETAs given by everyone.

@Bruce Olee - My friend has a Galaxy S II. When i told him that an ICS update is about to arrive, he asked me why he should upgrade. I told him every single feature, but nothing could convince him to upgrade except one which he considers very "useful" - Face Unlock. Now he can't wait for it :p

PS - If you know that dylan guy, get his device and give us a system dump. Would be as good as an RUU.

I don't know him personally. He just posts on the HTC ICS update blog but I have asked him for some proof/system dump

Reactions: shrome99
Well actually I believe orange uk were the first to get the sense 3.0 update
Also the network unlocked SII was the last to get the ICS update

Sent from my HTC Desire S

Agree... I believe HTC will deliver the update to carrier branded sets first, and only then deploy it for retail handsets. Read about this somewhere recently, but can't quote source offhand. Even I believe the network unlocked phones will receive the update in the later waves...

theguitarman94

Aug 31, 2011
Dylan, owner of DylRicho.com
Collapse
Hello Jamie, sorry to disappoint you but her phone is actually running 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0. I hadn't previously taken a look and my mother thought it had ICS because of the ring on the lock screen. She clearly doesn't know the difference between OS and UI just yet as she's not had the phone long. Again, sorry to disappoint, I sincerely apologize to you and XDA. I did however overhear at O2 that the Desire S was going to get its long-awaited update within the next few weeks, so stand by on that.

Oh dear. May as well remove remove this thread :( This guy is obviously a complete liar and his story doesn't even make sense. I suppose we can still hope for an early may release. Sorry guys I suppose it's made me learn not to trust anything till there is solid evidence. Got to laugh at the guys stupidity! As if he works at O2!

Reactions: eyahl
Collapse
Hello Jamie, sorry to disappoint you but her phone is actually running 2.3.5 with Sense 3.0. I hadn't previously taken a look and my mother thought it had ICS because of the ring on the lock screen. She clearly doesn't know the difference between OS and UI just yet as she's not had the phone long. Again, sorry to disappoint, I sincerely apologize to you and XDA. I did however overhear at O2 that the Desire S was going to get its long-awaited update within the next few weeks, so stand by on that.

Oh dear. May as well remove remove this thread :( This guy is obviously a complete liar and his story doesn't even make sense. I suppose we can still hope for an early may release. Sorry guys I suppose it's made me learn not to trust anything till there is solid evidence. Got to laugh at the guys stupidity! As if he works at O2!

LoL.... another pipe dream! :p

mackhenri

Jul 25, 2011
Mumbai

Dude its not possible at all.....O2 uk customers are still waiting for ics to come on their xe and if this update is suppose to come I would be notified about this...anyways will try to dig some infor on this....

Sent from my P300(Funbook) using XDA

eyahl

Jan 11, 2012
berlin
Dude its not possible at all.....O2 uk customers are still waiting for ics to come on their xe and if this update is suppose to come I would be notified about this...anyways will try to dig some infor on this....

Sent from my P300(Funbook) using XDA

did you read the last 4 posts?

Sent by my fingers to your head.

mackhenri

Jul 25, 2011
Mumbai
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LoL.... another pipe dream! :p

Without meaning to sound smug, haha told ya ;) :D

Swyped form ym Dersie S unsig XAD Permuim
    as I've said before, if I can't see it, it doesn't exist!:D

and lets not start about God and Gas etc....

I don't know him personally. He just posts on the HTC ICS update blog but I have asked him for some proof/system dump
    Collapse