[CLOSED] ANDROID/MAEMO/LINUX on HD2:) [NO MORE ACTIVE!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Im not going to update this thread anymore.

It has been a terrible experience here.

All the updates from now on will be on irc channel ..

I hope everyone will be happy and excited about this closure.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Nov 11, 2008
Cant we have dual boot on the HD2. it will be cool to have android 2.0 and windows 6.5 on the phone, it will surely kick some ass. and do you think that this phone is upgradable to windows 7

chris10230

May 19, 2008
Only possible for dual boot as you need to run harret to get it to boot into linux - android stuff.

kindadevil

Dec 17, 2007
Hong Kong
Acer Liquid, coming on november will bring Android powered by a Snapdragon processor and wvga screen, I don´t know how it works but maybe it´s rom could be ported easier to HD2? and adding the Sense ui from Hero? I´m sorry I know it´s not easy, but since I´m not a developer I just can see these steps inside my head:eek:

xmoo

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 19, 2006
Eindhoven
www.Mohammad.Moghtader.net
Acer Liquid, coming on november will bring Android powered by a Snapdragon processor and wvga screen, I don´t know how it works but maybe it´s rom could be ported easier to HD2? and adding the Sense ui from Hero? I´m sorry I know it´s not easy, but since I´m not a developer I just can see these steps inside my head:eek:

And what if I tell you that's posible ;)

20mihalko

Aug 7, 2008
Bratislava
yes, i`m definitally for this thing.... there will be no problem if leo won`t support wm7, if it will be able to run android...

P

pongothemagnificent

In fact it will support wm7, but thats up to the OEM's if they want to release a wm7 test rom for these cortex 8 devices =].

GEN3RIC

Feb 2, 2008
MN
www.wtfwpf.com
What would be required? Android 1.6+ supports other CPUs including Snapdragon so what else is required to get it to work with Android? Would be very neat.

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
maybe the release of a htc android device with the same hardware as the hd2 will make it easier for developers - but better off getting in the mindset that it won't work

the hero has the same processor as the hd1 doesn't it (and android development on that seems very difficult and slow)?

tids2k

Apr 21, 2009
Sydney
Google Pixel 6 Pro
maybe the release of a htc android device with the same hardware as the hd2 will make it easier for developers - but better off getting in the mindset that it won't work

the hero has the same processor as the hd1 doesn't it (and android development on that seems very difficult and slow)?

yeh but look at the possibilities of where we were and where we are today. progress is being made every day now, i hope you go throught the irclogs if so, and it takes time to achieve every goal. a seed doesnt grow into a tree in a day, it takes time and thats whats being talked here. so it wont be hard enough for us to get to the deep of the phone when it comes. cheers.

shure2

Jun 24, 2008
yeh but look at the possibilities of where we were and where we are today. progress is being made every day now, i hope you go throught the irclogs if so, and it takes time to achieve every goal. a seed doesnt grow into a tree in a day, it takes time and thats whats being talked here. so it wont be hard enough for us to get to the deep of the phone when it comes. cheers.

it would be good to see the progress.. I have read the last few pages on the blackstone and haven't seen anything from the developers. Last update was the 18th where it went back from v1.6 to v1.5?

I can't see why time is being devoted to 1.5, surely the focus should be to work on the most up to date version of android than taking a step back.

Obviously i'm not a developer for the android project on the hd1, but if one comes to the hd2 I will donate to a project with quicker progess on android 1.6, preferably 2.0.....

borillion_star

Nov 27, 2007
I have one of these HD2's on pre-order just for this reason :D I hope I can get something accomplished, and am willing to work on flashing and dumping things
if anyone so asks, as soon as I have it in hand.

Ill be working on it myself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.