[APP]Photo Map for Google Photos (via Google Drive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
High Performance Photo Map for your Google Photos

I use Google Drive sync because Google Photos doesn't provide the location data in their API.

Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.levionsoftware.photo_map_for_google_photos

daOtgVE_d.jpg

Homepage:
https://levionsoftware.wordpress.com

Last edited:

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
Hello, normally you should simply follow the instructions. Google photos sync has to be enabled in the Google drive app.
Please contact me via mail using Levion.software@gmail.com.
I will support you.
Thanks

h4rd

Mar 18, 2019
That looks so great, i am going to try add for some ıstanbul views if its possible

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
I just wanted to let you know that I don't use ANY analytics or home servers. Your files are safe and ONLY ON YOUR DEVICE! Only this app has access to your files. ONLY PHOTOS (ONLY your "Google Photos" Folder) are queried to get the following information: id, name, size, mimeType, fileExtension, imageMediaMetadata/location, createdTime, webContentLink, thumbnailLink

tadzio

Nov 23, 2003
Munich, Germany
Hm - Photo Map shows me only my pictures from before 2015, and if I check Google Drive from a browser, it also only shows these photos. Iirc, 2015 was when Google introduced the cloud sync with reduced "optimized" quality (rather than original quality). Photos synced with "optimized" quality are not counted against the Drive quota, but also seem to not show up in Google Drive at all, and I guess this is why Photo Map also does not see them.

I would suppose (just guessing, of course) that this is also the reason for others not seeing their photos: "optimzed" quality sync?

Cheers
tadzio

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
My app is in the Top 10 TRENDING of photography!!

The newest version also supports a mode where the whole drive is used and not only the Google photos folder :)
You can enable it in the settings.

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
A new version is coming out very soon. The data source will be the official Google photos API and the location history will be used as location data.
I think I will create another post because I can't edit the title of the current one.

Stay tuned! :)

Dennyw

Oct 5, 2015
The original purple version of photo map will become an all in one app for all providers, inclusive cloud! Be prepared and stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts